Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Good bye Twinkies

Draken

For those that have not heard yet the makers of Twinkies are shutting down their business.

I will miss those little yummy treats.

Personally I think it was a bad idea since 2 states just legalized weed and twinkie sells would have shot up in those states but oh well.

What!?! i guess it makes sense i never see anyone eating those suckers. There so famous though ![:(](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.png).

Guess i better stockpile ![;)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.png)

Well if those stupid union workers would have just been happy to have a job, when the economy is doing so terrible, and weren't demanding more pay this would not have ever happened. Also, Hostes is selling off the rights to their products so I'm sure twinkies will still be around.

> Well if those stupid union workers would have just been happy to have a job, when the economy is doing so terrible, and weren't demanding more pay this would not have ever happened. Also, Hostes is selling off the rights to their products so I'm sure twinkies will still be around.

Yes because CEOs aren't being over payed /facepalm

Ahh so you're one of those "the rich are evil" people. See I don't hate the rich just because I'm not rich and I don't want their money either. I want to be one of those rich people one day but I want to earn my rich's. Plus, just because their CEO's doesn't mean their stuffing their pockets with cash. There is a whole ladder that the revenue produced by a company must go to: Paying employees, Paying the bills to run their company(electricity, gas, heat and air, etc…), Paying personal loans which may occur, Paying outside contracts(buying supplies, shipping supplies, etc...) and thats just to name a few. Also, on average a CEO might take home 5%-7% of annual revenue earned. So lets say a company brings in $1,000,000 a year that means the CEO might take home $50,000 - $70,000\. I know that may seem like a bit to some people but for those CEO's it may not seem like much considering the amount of time they put it that year.

On a side note, IMO one of the things that make America great is the opportunity to choose your job. If someone feels they are being payed less then what they deserve then they are free to quit and find another job. An even smarter thing to do is maybe look for another job while you still have a job. Then if one comes around offering you more money then take it. If a job doesn't come around or doesn't offer you the money you want then maybe you're not worth as much as you think you are.

Sorry for the wall of texts but I just feel that if more people understood economics a little better and maybe took into consideration how much work it takes to run a company then people would be less hateful towards "the evil rich".

> Its hard to take a side until you find out how much the union workers where being payed. Though in general it was probably the CEO's of the company taking massive profit for themselves.

See I don't think so. I think people should feel lucky to have a job with this economy and quit their bitching. There are hundreds of thousands of people with out a job who would love to just be able to work.

> Yes because CEOs aren't being over payed /facepalm

You're an idiot. They weren't getting any profit at all. It was completely the union's fault.

Do you think a CEO would willingly shut down his multi-million dollar company because he's upset that the workers want more money? No. _They weren't getting any profit_.

Source:

http://hostessbrands.info/