Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[SOLVED] VB6 For Free/ Or Alternative

Synister

Hey sorry if something like this has been posted already but I searched a little through the forums and couldn't find anything. I would like to know from any of you if you know a way to get vb6 or any other vb for free so I can use with Eclipse Reborn. If someone could help I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one to appreciate it! ![;)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.png)

Thanks, Syn

Search online and you will find a link. Try to avoid torrents as they often carry viruses.

Once you download vb6 when you have to enter a valid product key just type 111-11111 as this is the default key the company gives customers who lose their copy and so it should work every time.

Are you running windows 7 possibly 64 bit?

If so you might have trouble installing vb6\. I just tried to and the instalation wouldn't complete even after selecting that the program be win xp compatible.

Has anyone with windows 7 64 bit been successful in installing vb6?

Thanks guys and yes I am on windows 7 64 bit. Ill letcha know how it goes and make a tut once I get it.

EDIT: Can I use Visual Basic 2010?

EDIT:EDIT: Or is there an alternative for windows 7 64 bit besides vb6? Because this seems way more work than it's worth? not that I'm lazy don't get me wrong I'm willing to try basically anything guys. Thanks for your help.

Dude just google it or search it at youtube…

or heres an funny story i you read it correct then youll know how -.-

Do you know whats an PIRATE ? yeah... these guys which steal and kill they lived in the water and you could see them some time in BAYcity, i dont know if theyre still there but i think theyll get still the most stuff for free just in another way... which is most not secure..

Hahaha... the PIRATEs from the BAYcity funny folks... i would like to be one

> Dude just google it or search it at youtube…
>
> or heres an funny story i you read it correct then youll know how -.-
>
> Do you know whats an PIRATE ? yeah... these guys which steal and kill they lived in the water and you could see them some time in BAYcity, i dont know if theyre still there but i think theyll get still the most stuff for free just in another way... which is most not secure..
>
> Hahaha... the PIRATEs from the BAYcity funny folks... i would like to be one

Ha I went there but there is nothing for windows 7 compatible. whatever I'll try again I guess? Thanks

Dude vb6 is just for windows XP that why you run it with wndows xp compatible mode

There is an very detailed tutorial…

and im using too windows 7

[Wiki…](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/index.php?/page/index.html/wiki.html/_/visual-basic-6/installing-vb6-r6)

Do exact whats wrote there… it isnt so hard to learn what FAQ's are and whats an wiki

> its strange, i use win 7 64 bit and vb works/installed fine.. i don't understand why people have problems?

Same but only have portable, Every torrent I find says people have issues with windows 7 so I don't even bother but Ill try some stuff after school. I'd really like to be able to code for myself so hopefully I can find something out tonight.

> Dude vb6 is just for windows XP that why you run it with wndows xp compatible mode
>
> There is an very detailed tutorial…
>
> and im using too windows 7
>
> [Wiki…](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/index.php?/page/index.html/wiki.html/_/visual-basic-6/installing-vb6-r6)
>
> Do exact whats wrote there… it isnt so hard to learn what FAQ's are and whats an wiki

Thanks for the help. But just calm down a little bit. Everyone has to learn somewhere.