Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is using the word 'Noob' offensive?

abhi2011

Newbie does not equal Noob.

If it's new on something or somewhere, it's called a Newbie. (Forum Newbie, Game Newbie, etc.)

If it's and annoying begger, spammer, and crap factory, it's called a Noob, not only he is just not good at what he is trying to do, but is also very irritating.

(Game Noob, Forum Noob, etc.)

Calling a person "Noob" and that person is obviously just new, means you're the Noob.

Call someone a "Noob" only if you're sure, or call it anyways, if you're a jerk.

When I heard the word for the first time and asked what it ment, it was told me it's simply another word for 'newbie'.

I never found it a very offensive word actually. I saw plenty people calling theirselves a noob.

But I guess I was wrong.

Of course using the word "noob" is offensive. You call the idiot you just killed a noob, or the dude you've been fighting verbally with for the past hour about some stupid topic you call him a "noob" too. Noob is offensive, its used to tell someone they don't know what they are doing, which means they are typically bad. Now, that being said, "newbie" is okay. Thats someone who is new and hasn't had enough time or experience yet and is still figuring out the game. A noob is someone whos been playing the game for some time and still just blatantly sucks.