Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Flame Board"?

azkanan

> I personally slap warns on people who are being biggots/bullies/irrational insulters… I don't agree with muting/banning people for having a tiff, though. Arguing is human nature. Keep it under control, not under your heel.

awkward that I got a warn from you xD

> It's quite sad that we've now reached the point where this is even a topic of discussion.
>
> Anyway, I'm against the idea. The last we need is to be encouraging members to be horrible.
>
> By all means, try it, experiment with it, but really. Quite disappointing.

> I have to say, I really hate the idea of a "Flame Board". I just picture /b/ from 4chan here on Eclipse, I don't like that road.

My thoughts and sentiments exactly. We don't need to encourage that sort of behavior.

a

> I have to say, I really hate the idea of a "Flame Board". I just picture /b/ from 4chan here on Eclipse, I don't like that road.

> It's quite sad that we've now reached the point where this is even a topic of discussion.
>
> Anyway, I'm against the idea. The last we need is to be encouraging members to be horrible.
>
> By all means, try it, experiment with it, but really. Quite disappointing.

agreed

I agree with Agora and Bud, this is a generally bad idea.

If this was definitely going to go ahead, I would at least like to see a fairly high post-count restriction.. Say, 250? That way the newbs wouldn't wander in accidentally.

I still think it's a bad idea though.

> I agree with Agora and Bud, this is a generally bad idea.
>
> If this was definitely going to go ahead, I would at least like to see a fairly high post-count restriction.. Say, 250? That way the newbs wouldn't wander in accidentally.
>
> I still think it's a bad idea though.

I think it's a terrible idea as well.

However, moderation on these forums is a complete joke. People get banned for saying things that others say. People get banned for saying things like "shut up" - I mean, seriously, a 24 hour ban for saying shut up? It's ridiculous.

> I think it's a terrible idea as well.
>
> However, moderation on these forums is a complete joke. People get banned for saying things that others say. People get banned for saying things like "shut up" - I mean, seriously, a 24 hour ban for saying shut up? It's ridiculous.

Wrong topic.. That was more about the consistency of moderation.