Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sexier Map Editor

L0lz

Yeah, the old one is alright, but I'd be nicer it was a bit bigger, you could zoom out, and in, and when you were to create a new map you could edit the size, making it a bit smaller than usual if you have a  70x70 map or something, and you could add npcs on the spot with a click on the map. (kind of like RMXP) might be hard to make but it's a wish i'm wishing for.

I was half expecting a request for Hentia in the background or something lol

I cant think of much that would make the map more functional.

@MrMiguu:

> I think it would also pwn if we could make an offline map editor, that way we could send it to our friends and they could make maps without bothering player's during gameplay and they could just be uploaded. I nineth this idea… lol

just dont link to the maps until the area is finished. If you mean correcting something on a map being used. You dont pose any issue by editing when players are on the map because the file isnt changed until you hit save, at that point it just does a refresh foreveryone. if you game is being played by this point, you shouldnt be throwing a house on someones head or anything like that.

throwing npc spawn around like an attribute would be too hard to code…*evil snickers*

well the way he actually meant it was that you dont actually have to have your game running to be able to edit the maps. like an external map editor that the mapper may use on his computer and then in the internal map editor you could just have a map load button.
i hope that covers it eh MrMigoo?

• 3 weeks later...
oh man… Rogue has good point, i hate having to click in the screen to refocus window... how you could do this... no idea... maybe try to condense editor window, then if its small enough it can just hang on the side of the game->map window. If you had a seperate map editor .exe you would have more space for above mentioned because you wouldnt need the stats and chat.

I (what number am I?)th these ideas

@Loelin:

> How about i code this thing, Making this in VB.NET isn't that hard
>
> actually it could be but I dont care
>
> All we need is a few coders, a nice logo, and a couple of beta testers to do it
>
> So,who's up for it?

I could make the logo. Lawl. Zooming in an out is heaven for me imo. Also, a better grid. :3