Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Robin's awesome Harvest Moon speed programming!

Robin

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said, the GUI is a mockup. I can't work on it anymore till I'm aware of all the components I'll need. As for it being a harvesting game, at least read through the thread before posting. It's an online version of Harvest Moon.

Go Google it if you don't about it.

Oh, and as the GUI looking the same as everyone else's, I'd say it's a hell of a lot more pleasing to the eye than most around here. It's also a lot smoother, as I add lots of optimised functions such as button states and sounds. It actually _feels_ like you're pressing buttons, rather than just click a little label.

Fair enough. But buttons that click and make sounds are not really an optimisation, - i would hope anyone editing the source has applied that small improvement as opposed to the the 'click on an image' buttons of EE. That should be the first thing that was done when editing the source.

Just realised you are a pom, which explains your sour grapes attitude to everything.  I would have thought with such good television brits would be more jolly.

@Anarky77:

> Fair enough. But buttons that click and make sounds are not really an optimisation, - i would hope anyone editing the source has applied that small improvement as opposed to the the 'click on an image' buttons of EE. That should be the first thing that was done when editing the source.
>
> Just realised you are a pom, which explains your sour grapes attitude to everything.  I would have thought with such good television brits would be more jolly.

Re-read the sentence, as you misinterpreted it. I wasn't saying it was an optimisation, I was stating that the functions I do add are optimised. As for anyone doing it, look around. People are still using block colour with labels over them.

yes, I saw that GUI that was posted… no comment.

Sorry I misinterpreted how you can make buttons optimised, for me they are buttons, they serve a purpose. I do a graphic for up, mouse over and mouseclick, add a sound effect and it executes a function, or several. Im not sure what else I want a button to do. It's just a button.

• 3 months later...
@‡ƒorce‡DDunit‡:

> Necwo… D:
> I think Robin dropped the project. :(

Oh wow! sorry I didn't notice… I saw this was on the recent reply topics or w.e not sure.. but it doesn't matter since you say he most likely dropped this project.

@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> Oh wow! sorry I didn't notice… I saw this was on the recent reply topics or w.e not sure.. but it doesn't matter since you say he most likely dropped this project.

Well 4 months down the track, yeah I'd say he has dropped it..

So much for the "Speed Programming"  ;)