Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Robin's Discount Programming!

Robin

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well look at it this way guys.. It's supply and demand. If there was only one gas station and they were selling it at 10$ a gallon. You can choose to buy it for that price or not drive at all( or take the bus but that's not the point ).

As far a I know Robin is the only one doing this, unless you can find cheaper then you can do it yourself or use his service.  ;)

@Robin:

> I haven't seen any of these features in the latest SVN. You hiding them from the rest of the team? :D
>
> Wow, learn to read. That's a sprite converter. My feature allows each sprite to be a different size, meaning sprite1 can be 32x32, sprite2 can be 64x64, sprite3 can be 200x200 and sprite4 can be 134x567\. Whatever you want. Not only does it do that, it removes the BltPlayerTop and renders based on the y-positioning of the player/npc, effectively halving the rendering required. It's not some retarded external application, either.
>
> If you really think I'm going to sell something that's publicly available, you really need to do some research first. All those features listed are ones which people have been wanting for years, and I'm finally offering them. Not only that, but because of my experience and position, I can assure people they're going to get the very best programming.
>
> So next time if you're going to try and own someone, aim it at someone who easily makes mistakes, because I don't.
>
> Thanks,
> _Robin_

1) I wasn't criticizing you… I was making a snap-observation, no need to get defensive... I'm just opening eyes of others. Most people will see that format you have there and think "Wow I can have more sprites with less worth" or something along those lines...

2) I'm just showing that there are programs out there that people can use to make these altercations, I never meant to demean your work. -_-; Maybe if you didn't assume my post was an attack, then we wouldn't be arguing right now.

Sincerely, MrMiguu

@codemeister1990:

> well then there's option 4\. do without, you were before and got along fine
> @ kevin, there's always a bicycle or by foot
> People are too lazy, that's what robin's "business" is banking on

Wow, Robin's doing this for pretty cheap. You have no idea what you're talking about. Why would you say that people get along fine without source edits? Yes, you can, but your game would be just one of the thousand crappy eclipse game. 

Why are you even posting here? You aren't contributing to anything at all. Let Robin do what he wants, and if people wanna hire him, then good for him.

@Simius:

> yes. =D
> jk no.
>
> **Custom Sized Sprites**overrideh & overridew will use custom sizes if set to a number greater than 0\. SizeX and SizeY are scale factors.
>
> **AlphaBlending**hmm, yeah. there's alpha. Just use layered windows for chatbox.

Ah, didn't see the sprite stuff. I'll check it out later. Also, I'm offering Dx7 alpha-blending, not Dx8, so there's a bit of a difference :P

@MrMiguu:

> 1) I wasn't criticizing you… I was making a snap-observation, no need to get defensive... I'm just opening eyes of others. Most people will see that format you have there and think "Wow I can have more sprites with less worth" or something along those lines...
>
> 2) I'm just showing that there are programs out there that people can use to make these altercations, I never meant to demean your work. -_-; Maybe if you didn't assume my post was an attack, then we wouldn't be arguing right now.
>
> Sincerely, MrMiguu

Of course I'm going to be defensive. You basically said 'Don't hire Robin, there's something free out there that does the same job.'

Next time, if you want to advertise some crappy converter, do it in your own threads because it's got no relevance here.

@codemeister1990:

> meh, still not worth paying for

Don't pay for it then. There are a few people who don't want to pay a few dollars for some decent shit. Doesn't mean it's a fact though. I've already had about $200 worth of orders from Eclipse alone ;D

@Robin:

> Ah, didn't see the sprite stuff. I'll check it out later. Also, I'm offering Dx7 alpha-blending, not Dx8, so there's a bit of a difference :P
>
> Of course I'm going to be defensive. You basically said 'Don't hire Robin, there's something free out there that does the same job.'
>
> Next time, if you want to advertise some crappy converter, do it in your own threads because it's got no relevance here.
>
> Don't pay for it then. There are a few people who don't want to pay a few dollars for some decent shit. Doesn't mean it's a fact though. I've already had about $200 worth of orders from Eclipse alone ;D

No! I didn't say that… don't insinuate my intensions when I'm trying to explain what I actually meant. If you had read what I replied about, it was that I was showing others on these forums that you're not the only source of improving their game's quality, in fact... they could easily search themselves and find other things so they don't have to feel trapped into buying your coding. I never said "Don't hire Robin, there's something free out there that does the same job." or even implied it, I just want people to realize they have more options, but when I try to help out the community, I instantly get attacked by you. It's not worth it anymore.

@Kevin:

> Someone should make a debating forum so you guys could go debate about these stuff, but for now I think the topic's is Robin Discount programming.  ;)

No. I'm done, I made my point. If Robin wants to keep arguing (over what? I don't know) then he should feel free, but I'm not going to respond because I made my point.

Anyways, I support this idea because it allows players to get features added into their games, but they will have to pay for lack of patience due to unwillingness to learn how to program. Good luck with this Robin and I wish you the best of luck with this whole idea.

Sincerely, MrMiguu

@codemeister1990:

> What I'm basically saying is why are you wasting your time selling programming for something like eclipse, if your a good programmer, you should be doing better coding languages, which make far more money than 200 euros or dollars, whatever. It's like getting a bachelor's degree then flipping burgers.

I'm not wasting time programming. I do this as a hobby. It's not my job. I've got good at my hobby, so I'm making a bit of pocket money out of it. Also, if you can tell me any similarity between a bacholer's degree and programming something in Mirage, feel free to enlighten me.

@MrMiguu:

> No. I'm done, I made my point. If Robin wants to keep arguing (over what? I don't know) then he should feel free, but I'm not going to respond because I made my point.
>
> Anyways, I support this idea because it allows players to get features added into their games, but they will have to pay for lack of patience due to unwillingness to learn how to program. Good luck with this Robin and I wish you the best of luck with this whole idea.
>
> Sincerely, MrMiguu

Then say so next time. All you did was post a screenshot of some program, underlined my price and wrote 'Free'. I'm not gonna read into that image any more than I need to when I can get a general message from face-value.

Next time, actually type out your point instead of assuming people are thinking the same as you.

hmm well i am possibly thinking about the independant animation, and the tradeskills, but i have some questions.  For the independant animation, would that be something like attack, or is it just for spells and effects…  And for the tradeskills, would you be able to show me once you are done how to add the secondary skills such as refining the ore, or widdling the wood.