Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

WTF FINALS?!

Techno 5.0

Um, lol, how would you know its 6.

I'm a very logical person. God makes no sense, and the fact that most people say "God is too complicated for us to understand him." doesn't exactly make me believe.

So let me give a few reasons why the existence of God makes no sense.  No particular order.

1\. Depending on which part of the world you live in, you have a different religion. What makes you so sure that yours is the right one?

2\. God created everything, right? (well, earth, humanity, etc). And he knows everything, right? So when he created us, he intentionally made some of us "evil" so that we would go to hell, right?

3\. Allot of religious people say that God created everything, because it would be too hard for the big bang, evolution, etc  take place, just because of random events. What they don't understand is that this has been going on for billions of yrs, but anyway, that's not what I'm trying to say. Now if the earth was too complicated to be the result of random events, and God created it, then who created God? Was he created by a series of random events? Wouldn't he be even more complicated to explain? etcetcetc

That's only a few points, but I don't feel like typing anymore.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all for god, I'm just sick of the religious dolts that base every opinion, event, etc. on god, saying that it's god's will, and that god did such and such. If that's the case god made gay people, and doesn't god hate them? Wtf?

Lol, the gay thing is really retarded.

Saw this video, this really old priest talking, maybe 70 yrs old.

"God hates fags!!!"

He actually said fags, I started lmaoing.

hehe

Anyway, some religious people actually really piss me off. I read this article about a week ago, written by a religious person. Lets see if I can find it again.

Yup, got it: http://esoriano.wordpress.com/2007/05/20/feeding-the-spiritually-starving-people-with-god%E2%80%99s-word-from-the-bible/

He basically says its the atheists fault that there are starving people in Africa today.

Sent him an email, but I never got a reply.

I love putting in my two cents on religious conversations :)
Beprepared, this will be long!

1)The bible is NOT meant to be taken literally, or as a scientific text.  Its is a moral guide, like "and the moral of the story is.."  type of thing.
Religions however are generally blinded into taking their respctive text's as literal translations.  Which brings me to..

2)RELIGION IS A DUMB THING.  Beleive and faith is one thing, but religion, retarded.  Common sence.  There are hundreds or more "religions", yet these followers of each are so blindly convinced theirs is the correct one.  Even the same in different form, like the TONS of offshoots of christianity.  Religion is a bad thing based off of a good thing.

2)God.  For lack of a better word or the ability/knowledge/understanding past what my mind can comprehend, I call "him" God.  But in general, I do beleive there is a higher power.  What it is, who it is, be it "sentient", metaphysical, ect, I have no idea.  I  DO know that the universe, existance in general, is FAR to complicated and intricate and absulutley amazing to be an "accident", and existance had to come from somewhere. If you follow anything detailed about some of the wonders and amazing things that our universe is/is filled with, I dont understand how anyone could think it was created by acident.

3)Science -vs- Religion.  Actually, both of them PROVE each other.
If you use half a brain cell, and dont try and read the bible as a scientific textbook, it doesnt contradict itself or science.  First, remember MAN wrote the bible.  Inspired by god, or a belief in a higher power, or however, it was written as a moral code, a guide to living a "good" life.  Granted, it was written by people with little concept of science, and many things that they didnt understand where explained through "miraculous" definitions.  So keep in mind while the bible may say "God created man", that doesnt mean the bible says Evolution, a PROVEN thing, didnt happen.  In a general sense, "god" DID create man, along with everything else.  The timeline and methods of wich would have never been comprehended if written from science's perspective, to the ancient person. 

4)Hell, the afterlife-  Hell doesnt exist.  If there IS a "god", or some other higher power, I find it inconcievable that a person would be sent to "eternal torture" for a mere few decades of poor choices.  A being or whatnot that would do that, wouldnt be a "god" I'd want any part of, not to mention the notion DIRECTLY CONTRADICTS many of the bibles own assertions about "forgive and forget", and the naught.  Regardless, it is not a concept that a "higher power" would practice, as the wisdom and understanding such a being should have would just not be compatible with this idea.  Granted there are bad, and perhaps "evil" people in the world.  Yet much of this is influence by both the unreliable programming of the mind, per say, and both culteral and parental influences, among many other things. 
And what happens after we die?
I dont know.  I dont pretend to have a clue.  I'd like to beleive there is something after death.  But I dont know how the concious works, nor do I understand the complexities of "self awareness" or many of the "paranormal" things about humans (aura's, telekinesis, ect, all the crazy shit), so I couldnt say.  My guess would be our energies return to the universe, as everything in existance is linked at the deepest level, though I dont know what this would be like, what this would mean, nor if our self awareness would continue.

To sum it up.

Existance is more then a random occurance/accident

Religion is a poor idea, made up by the flawed perceptions of the  human mind/human nature

Have faith if you choose, but dont blindly follow what a religion tells you.

Live a good life and enjoy it, who knows whats next.

Ect?

(This much typing, I am not even going to bother to spellcheck, I just hammered it out as I thought it)

We don't know what's after life and then we can claim you either go to heaven or hell, what's wrong about this? You may say so. We have artworks of the devil, etc., while we don't even know what's after life and what hell and heaven actually are, what's wrong about this all? You may say so.

Regards,
  Goddianicus.

The devil didnt even come into existance through religion until far later in its life.
Christianity, Islam, even those old two, and most comman religions, are not the oldest two by far. 

Religion has been around FAR longer then the most known ones today, which people base ALL OPINIONS about god and religion off of.

Hell, satan, many of these concept are more modern inventions compared to their older religions predecessors.

And 3 and 4 on my list dont conflict, 3 is a bit more common sense, while 4 is  more my personal opinions and thoughts, and regardless it doesnt conflict with 3 in any way

I said the bible and science dont contradict EACHOTHER.
As in neither disproves anything from the other, as long as you dont treat the bible like a science  text.

The bible contradicts itself plenty.
But I never said the bible didnt contradict itself
(Its ok, it was alot of text, not ENTIRLEY your fault

@AdrianC:

> 1\. Depending on which part of the world you live in, you have a different religion. What makes you so sure that yours is the right one?

not exactly *puts on nerd glasses*
according to scripture he gave us free choice to do w/e good or evil.
at the begining nuthing was there except for darkness(hell) until god created light
it be kinda boring to force ppl to prays him dont u think?
*tosses nerd glasses at a fence and watches them shatter*
he he he glasses go boom boom XD

> then who created God

Simple. Nobody.

God gave us the ability to reproduce and make new beings. We have been reproducing for millions of years, therefore we take it that every living creature, god or being, must have someone who created them.
There is your answer.

That is my theory.