Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

WTF FINALS?!

Techno 5.0

well, as I see it, if you believe in the revised big bang theory in which there originated a superparticle which created in order **from itself.** First: all the stars, planets and sun. Second: the oceans and the earth. Third: Simple creatures. Fourth: sea life. Fifth: life on land. Sixth: man. Does this sound similar to some other theory of creation?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the DP, but just to address two of the points AdrianC brought up…

> 2\. God created everything, right? (well, earth, humanity, etc). And he knows everything, right? So when he created us, he intentionally made some of us "evil" so that we would go to hell, right?

Before you go about saying such truly ignorant things, you should read the Bible. And I'm not saying that to try to be a Bible-thumper, but if you're going to say things like that that make it obvious you don't know what you're talking about, no-one will want to take you seriously. Start with Genesis 1:1.

> 3\. Allot of religious people say that God created everything, because it would be too hard for the big bang, evolution, etc  take place, just because of random events. What they don't understand is that this has been going on for billions of yrs, but anyway, that's not what I'm trying to say. Now if the earth was too complicated to be the result of random events, and God created it, then who created God? Was he created by a series of random events? Wouldn't he be even more complicated to explain? etcetcetc

One could argue the same about whatever "objects" caused the big bang! Where did the first speck of life come from? Or even the first speck? I don't know. That is one of those questions I just accept as being unanswerable for now.

Could you give explain what it says in genesis 1:1, I don't care enough for this subject to actually read it.

Also, why did something have to cause the big bang? Maybe it just was, for no reason.

Just because I don't understand something doesn't mean I should start believing that there's a God.

Well yeah, but he said:

> Before you go about saying such truly ignorant things, you should read the Bible. And I'm not saying that to try to be a Bible-thumper, but if you're going to say things like that that make it obvious you don't know what you're talking about, no-one will want to take you seriously. Start with Genesis 1:1.

right after quoting something I said.

So I was wondering, how was I wrong. He didn't back up his argument with anything other than "read the Bible".

What I mean is that you said God created us evil. That alone shows that you do not know what you're talking about in this subject. God created us in his image, basically meaning that we were good before the Fall. Also note that being made in his image doesn't mean we were God. It simply means we were LIKE God. Think of us being made in his image as kind of like a portrait of someone. The portrait will never be the same "quality" as the actual person.

The Fall is when Adam and Eve bit from the forbidden fruit, thus disobeying God. God didn't cause this.

Now I'm no theologian, so if you'd like to know more, there's a great deal of books on the subject, and you'd learn more from them than you would from me. Try searching "why did adam and eve sin if they were like god" on Google, there's quite a few articles that will help answer your questions.

And here is a reliable version of Genesis. I'd recommend reading it. It's the KJV (King James Version). I prefer NIV (New International Version), but that's just personal preference.

[Genesis](http://etext.virginia.edu/toc/modeng/public/KjvGene.html)

Actually, yes you did. I even quoted you on it.

Yes.

Yes again.

Your next question is "Than why did go ahead with Adam and Eve if he knew they were going to sin?". Or something like that.

My answer is that I don't know what his plan is and I don't know why he does everything he does. No-one does. Which is why I need to have faith in Him.

@ノ◊ㄅサкレ∆z:

> Actually, yes you did. I even quoted you on it.
>
> Yes.
>
> Yes again.
>
> Your next question is "Than why did go ahead with Adam and Eve if he knew they were going to sin?". Or something like that.
>
> My answer is that I don't know what his plan is and I don't know why he does everything he does. No-one does. Which is why I need to have faith in Him.

He might ask, "Why have faith in a god when your not sure about his plans?"

Actually this is what I'm going to say:

He knows that people will sin, he created humanity to be imperfect. So because he created us to be imperfect, those who sin (God knew they would sin when he created them) will burn in hell forever. Does that seem fair to you? If that is true, then his heaven is not one I would like to be part of.

Quote: My answer is that I don't know what his plan is and I don't know why he does everything he does. No-one does. Which is why I need to have faith in Him.

And you were flaming me, saying I have no clue what I'm talkin about, so…

Lol, you don't have a clue what you're talking about, at least when it comes to your "burning in hell" theory. Read [this](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_Grace#Calvinism_and_Arminianism). That is what I believe. Obviously you were brought up in a more extreme catholic environment, so what you read may be a shock.

And just want to say, not once did I flame you. Saying that you don't know what you're talking about was a statement, I didn't mean it to insult you.

I'm not trying to force my beliefs on you, and I respect your position. I merely ask that you respect mine, and get your facts straight.

First, I was not brought up in a catholic environment, my mom is a christian orthodox. I was assuming you are catholic, as most people are.

Second, right now I'm crazy tired, didn't get enough sleep last night, and now its 11pm so I might have misread the doc you have provided. Please correct me if I did, I was really having a hard time reading it.

I read this: #
# Salvation is ultimately obtained from no other source than by the mere willingness of God to grant it to some, although it is not obtained by others.

But then I read: Arminius taught that God's grace was offered to all, and that it could be rejected by a man's will.

So I'm guessing you believe the second part right?

Wasn't the man's will also created by God?

You keep saying I have no clue what I'm talking about, but in the end, this is what matters:

You said that God is all powerful and all knowing.

Therefore, he knew some of us would reject him, when he created us. He also knew some would sin when he created us.

You believe there is a Hell, right? (didn't say anywhere in that article that there is no Hell so…)

My argument still stands then...