LoZ ORPG GUI WIP + Map Mockup

Dark Crusade

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Marsh:

> Looks pretty damn epic, ive been looking for a zelda mmorpg for soooo long. Everything looks great, i no im not supposed to comment on the sprite but it would be a perfect screenshot without it.

Thanks Marsh, we hope to make the first successful LoZ ORPG. What do you mean by perfect screenshot without the sprite though?

@Kreator:

> Thanks Marsh, we hope to make the first successful LoZ ORPG. What do you mean by perfect screenshot without the sprite though?

I should have explained it more, i meant that everything in that screenshot looks perfect to me, there is nothing i would change. Except that sprite, i don't like the look of it.

@codemeister1990:

> It looks more natural without the character sprite, try photoshopping it out

Why would we photoshop it out? Its a mockup of the in-game experience. It is the main player sprite (with a green tunic, kokiri sword and shield). If you don't think it fits in, we probably can try and change the palette again for the sprite. If we wanted to remove the sprite, we could do something easier like paste a ground tile or two over him.

Ok, just read Marsh's post. Might have to get some more opinions on the sprite, and then we'll consider adding some changes.

What do others think?

It looks pretty darn good!

I hope the final product will look as good with alpha blending etc ;)

I like the tiles. Are they custom made by you? They are obviously edits ot LTTP ones but they are quite nice.

For me though a true zelda 2d mmo would have to use the LTTP graphics but either way if this game actully goes anywhere without a lawsuit then il try it ;)

Good luck with that! Nintendo are feisty about fan games!

@AydanWatkins:

> I like the tiles. Are they custom made by you? They are obviously edits ot LTTP ones but they are quite nice.

As I've mentioned at least 3 times so far on this topic, yes they are custom. Completely, from scratch. They are not edits. They are however in the style of LTTP.

@AydanWatkins:

> Good luck with that! Nintendo are feisty about fan games!

Well considering we won't be using anything of theirs except a trademark, I'd say we have pretty good chances. If we do get any cease or desist letters, we'll just make a few name changes here and there.

Aha sorry I cant see much with this halloween theme ;) and its late so im lazy reading hehe!

Yeah you could probably get away with it aslong as you rename a few things.

Graal used to be Zelda Online but they just change the name and a few small things around.

Nintendo are really REALLY feisty over their games. But still I hope you get it out I really fancy trying it!

They almost look like they stole all ideas from minish cap buildings and just added more anti-alias and detail on the roofing, and as far as the bushes and rocks and pavement goes, there scarcely close to the actual game. theres a thing called a fan game, its something offline, but when you expand something that hasnt already been made online from the original makers then thats copyright infringement, the name of that city is also a name in zelda.

Well, all we can get in trouble for is their trademarked names. And If I'm correct, the only name we are using is 'legend of zelda', I'm pretty sure Hyrule etc isn't. So we could just do a simple name change to say, World of Hyrule.

And if we run on donations only, (hence being non-commercial), and do retain the Legend of Zelda name, they won't sue us, only send us a cease and desist letter at the most.

@Sean¹:

> They almost look like they stole all ideas from minish cap buildings and just added more anti-alias and detail on the roofing, and as far as the bushes and rocks and pavement goes, there scarcely close to the actual game. theres a thing called a fan game, its something offline, but when you expand something that hasnt already been made online from the original makers then thats copyright infringement, the name of that city is also a name in zelda.

As I said before, we are going for LTTP style. If the tiles look like any, it should be like LTTP. (or so we hope, as its the style we are going for). But I will say this one final time, all graphics are 100% custom BY US from scratch.