LoZ ORPG GUI WIP + Map Mockup

Dark Crusade

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@rhyhart:

> It makes perfect sense, Vanilla Ice copied Queens Background music similar to how you are coping one of Nintendo's most famous games: The Legend of Zelda.

Right and you think everybody got that. It didn't make sense to me either as I don't know the background information.

Regards,
  Goddianicus.

yep
basically, they are using zelda's name to get a larger fan base
If you were just making a zelda game for kicks cause you like zelda, then you wouldn't mind not releasing it
You want something more than that
But if you wanna get some respect, do it yourself, don't use an
already established name, using it for your own gain
when in reality, you aren't even gaining anything
I'll never donate to anything stolen like this
you may have made the sprites by yourselves
but you stole the idea of every part of your game from zelda

> If you were just making a zelda game for kicks cause you like zelda, then you wouldn't mind not releasing it
> You want something more than that

Fail, you aren't going to drop a work you put a lot of dedication and time on.

> I'll never donate to anything stolen like this

Accusing of stealing? There's a huge difference between stealing and basing yourself on something. Kreator's and Japez' intentions are mainly to create an online version of the Zelda games as those don't really exist. So go accuse yourself, neither does somebody ask you to donate.

> but you stole the idea of every part of your game from zelda

You steal so much ideas by playing other games, watching movies, etc. People would easily be able to accuse you for that.

> basically, they are using zelda's name to get a larger fan base

Or because it's just a fan-made **Zelda game**?

Stop acting like a moron…

@rhyhart:

> In my opinion this just tells me that your not creative enough to make your own lore to a game.

Kreator has creativity, a lot IMO. He has some game released, now as source/learning/base material though, I can't come to the name.

Addendum: Krusade Online.

Regards,
  Goddianicus.

> Kreator's and Japez' intentions are mainly to create an online version of the Zelda games as those don't really exist. So go accuse yourself, neither does somebody ask you to donate.

If Nintendo Wanted a Online Game, they would of done it themselves, and to say that "hey dont worry were not copying them cus were making it online" is mindboggling..

@Sean¹:

> If Nintendo Wanted a Online Game, they would of done it themselves, and to say that "hey dont worry were not copying them cus were making it online" is mindboggling..

You are reading it wrong again. Copying is not the same as stealing. Ctrl + C (Steal), yea I am going to steal a back-up, right… So no it's not mindboggling, whatever that is intended to be meant.

Who says Nintendo wants it and not just the players instead?

Regards,
  Goddianicus.

By creating a game, your taking players that could "potentially" buy/play a nintendo game
you are "potentially" stealing money from nintendo, and from the zelda name
If he's creative, then he wouldn't need to steal a whole whack of ideas from zelda
Zelda did it first, therefore make something new
If everyone just copied from eachother, would new games exist? no
Of course some games borrow an idea or two from another media icon
BUT they don't base their entire game around it

@codemeister1990:

> By creating a game, your taking players that could "potentially" buy/play a nintendo game
> you are "potentially" stealing money from nintendo, and from the zelda name
> If he's creative, then he wouldn't need to steal a whole whack of ideas from zelda
> Zelda did it first, therefore make something new
> If everyone just copied from eachother, would new games exist? no
> Of course some games borrow an idea or two from another media icon
> BUT they don't base their entire game around it

Two? Wow we must have a lot of genres then, seriously, do you know what you're even saying?

Stealing money? It's free?

Regards,
  Goddianicus.

Well if you don't like the fact that we, like many others are making a fan game, then don't play. I'm sure there are thousands of Zelda fans who would love such a zelda fan based ORPG, and we are confident that ours will succeed where many others haven't. You may not appreciate it, but many others will. And that's why we are making it, because there is a large number of fans out there.

There are also thousands of fan-games out there, would you like to accuse every single fan-game out there for stealing as well? And how many of them actually did use 100% custom graphics and so forth like myself, Japez and Robin? Not many.

@codemeister1990:

> basically, they are using zelda's name to get a larger fan base
> If you were just making a zelda game for kicks cause you like zelda, then you wouldn't mind not releasing it

As Godlord pointing out, its because its a fan-game. Ever heard of one of them before? We are fans, making a fan-game for other fans, such as ourselves, so we can come together as a community, and enjoy what I'm sure many would love to play- A fan based Zelda ORPG.

@codemeister1990:

> you may have made the sprites by yourselves
> but you stole the idea of every part of your game from zelda

We stole the idea did we? I wonder why we would base our game on Zelda for… maybe because its a fan-based game?

@rhyhart:

> In my opinion this just tells me that your not creative enough to make your own lore to a game.

Just because we are making a fan-based game doesn't mean it won't have any creativity. We will have our own uniqueness, such as 100% custom graphics, quests, alternative plot lines, and of cause, lore.

@Sean¹:

> If Nintendo Wanted a Online Game, they would of done it themselves, and to say that "hey dont worry were not copying them cus were making it online" is mindboggling..

Well they haven't made a ORPG, and I'm sure there are many fans that want one, so hence, of cause not official, but since we are so passionate, we would like to share our project with other fans, and as I previously said, create a community of fans to play our game.

@codemeister1990:

> If he's creative, then he wouldn't need to steal a whole whack of ideas from zelda

Being a fan-game, we want to retain many original ideas from Zelda. Not to mention, we haven't even exposed any of our 'ideas' yet, so who are you to accuse us?

@codemeister1990:

> By creating a game, your taking players that could "potentially" buy/play a nintendo game
> you are "potentially" stealing money from nintendo, and from the zelda name

Well there are thousands of other fan-games out there, I'd like to see you debate against every single one. Not to mention, a fan-game wouldn't stop me from buying future official games. And plus, what about those who torrent games illegally? Or download ROMs, and emulate them? They are stealing. We are not.

So I repeat.

This is a fangame. There are thousands of fangames. They are non-commercial, and are by fans, for fans.

well 1\. you have no right to tell us what to do
2\. your ego's are bigger than your skills
3\. I know that if someone stole my game designs
I'd sue them faster than you can steal it
Then again, I'm a bit protective about my stuff
But if I make something, to hell if anyone tries to steal it
What if someone stole this rpg game of yours?
just completely took ALL the data
and said it was going to be fan based
took screenshots of everything
opened it in photoshop
opened a new file
and put them side-by-side, and created it piece by piece
yes its wrong
and its fundamentally what your doing
get your heads out of your asses
and get some common sense
maybe some respect to for a great game

> 1\. you have no right to tell us what to do

Who says we have?

> 2\. your ego's are bigger than your skills

And your mouth is bigger than your brains…

> 3\. I know that if someone stole my game designs

Still doesn't know the definition of stealing.

> and get some common sense

Speak about yourself first, you don't even read what we say…

> maybe some respect to for a great game

We have, failure.

> I'd sue them faster than you can steal it
> Then again, I'm a bit protective about my stuff
> But if I make something, to hell if anyone tries to steal it
> What if someone stole this rpg game of yours?
> just completely took ALL the data
> and said it was going to be fan based
> took screenshots of everything
> opened it in photoshop
> opened a new file
> and put them side-by-side, and created it piece by piece

You don't get the difference between fan-base and stealing, do you? No, you don't.

> yes its wrong
> and its fundamentally what your doing

It's not.

Regards,
  Goddianicus.

@codemeister1990:

> just completely took ALL the data
> and said it was going to be fan based
> took screenshots of everything
> opened it in photoshop
> opened a new file
> and put them side-by-side, and created it piece by piece
> yes its wrong
> and its fundamentally what your doing
> get your heads out of your asses
> and get some common sense
> maybe some respect to for a great game

Well then it wouldn't be a fan game would it? Are we stealing data from Zelda? Are we ripping from screenshots? Are we recreating it piece by piece in photoshop? No, stop being a moron.

@Kreator:

> This is a fangame. There are thousands of fangames. They are non-commercial, and are by fans, for fans.

As I keep saying, thousands of people make fan based games, many of which actually do use the original games graphics (which we aren't doing). So, clearly you are attempting to rip on our game due to a grudge, or for revenge. Otherwise, why aren't you on a passionate hunt to rip on thousands of other fan games as well?

Exactly, so put any personal issues with me aside, because your taking this no where.

And I must say, thank you Godlord, Bone, and all others for your support.  ;)

@Japez:

> Now that you have been officially pwnt, get the duck off our topic and better yet eclipse and never come back.
>
> Mod Cleanup Request Please.

Don't make me say it Three times.

> What if someone stole this rpg game of yours?

I'd be honoured that someone really likes my game and would consider making a fangame of my game. Haha. It'll be crapper than the game, so i wouldn't really care.