LoZ ORPG GUI WIP + Map Mockup

Dark Crusade

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@ιмαgσ:

> Hahaha, love how you take this members word for it in your little screenshot. You see no proof from this person who supposably got a reply from the company that created dragonball z yet you all of the sudden require a letter from nintendo itself from Kreator. Not to mention you probably took this screenshot out of context and he could have been defending himself for all we know. Oh and who says he is a reliable source hmm..?

http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=401792&st=40

*yawn*

i love how random people hop in with not even knowing whats going on.

@codemeister1990:

> I told you already, I'm bored
> Copyright lasts somewhere closer to 70 years

You fail epically… Your work can still be copyrighted when you just died it is active till 70 years after the dead of the creator...

Regards,
  Goddianicus.

@Sean¹:

> http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=401792&st=40
>
> *yawn*
>
> i love how random people hop in with not even knowing whats going on.

Yes i still do not see the word/phrase " style " or " custom graphics "

trust me, if my comp didn't lag so bad when using eclipses client, I definitely wouldn't be in here
I'd be making maps or something
or..if there was very clear tutorials out there (I have checked, godlord's didn't help a lot, no offense, and this other forum only helped a teeny bit) I'd be learning sadscript more

Wow… this is quite the trainwreck. Let me start off by saying, I dislike "fan-games" and think they are generally uninspired and a waste of talent at best. Also lately I haven't been a great fan of Kreator or Japez, and we've had our arguments.

But in this thread I must side with them and their argument.

Sean, codemeister, and rhyhart, you need to drop this NOW. This is absurd and obviously a petty personal problem between your parties.

There has been **absolutely no evidence placed** that any of the tiles or graphics in this LoZ Eclipse project has been stolen, _but you keep endlessly repeating this like mindless parrots_. Even the "comparison" pictures you have posted can not be taken as evidence; in those images it is obvious that the resolution and color depth of this games tilesets are different than original LoZ graphics, _and can be used more to argue that the tiles are different and therefore not stolen!_

Then you claim that they are stealing it because the graphics LOOK the same. Yes, that is called a style, and as they have pointed out, they wish to emulate the style of the 16-bit era LoZ games. If this was as bad as you have argued, Blizzard would not be in business because it's major franchise is a conceptual (and in many cases visual) ripoff of a certain other game-related franchise. Think about that for awhile, and step back and consider your actual evidence and motives for this stupid, pointless debate.

**If anything, you three are being the most unlawful, essentially performing libel against Kreator and Japez, consistently throughout every page of this thread.**

@Sean¹:

> and i promise you i will steal your tiles and sprites and make a game with them

Wow. That's not even worth joking about. Especially, considering you have no idea what you are talking about; but stealing someone else's pixel art is very serious in this type of community. Even if you think you're on a righteous crusade, you're not. You are stupid, uninformed, misguided, and vengeful. You have no proof they didn't make the graphics themselves, from scratch. Even if it looks like something else, it's still **THEIR WORK**. Work is time and energy given from a person; fundamentally it is their past, a part of their life. To so casually and blatantly want to take this away is morally reprehensible.

Sean, codemeister, and rhyhart, drop this now, or you will be muted or banned.
**Let Nintendo send their cease and desist letters if they need to, you're just flaming and ruining a perfectly good thread.**

This thread is locked, Kreator will make a new one about this subject; this debate is over, if you three post this in the other topic you will be muted.