Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why you shouldn't advertise

Dark Crusade

Leaving myself completely open to flame here, I wont retaliate - but I was just curious.

Is WOH not using Spainions custom engine and not EE2.7? Correct me if im wrong, im sure i read that. If its a custom engine, and is not EE2.7 - does it not apply to the same rules everyone else is subject to? i.e WOH is  advertised all over this site. But if someone else is to advertise another game of possibly another engine, or lo and behold a similar game, they are persecuted.

Just an observation, please shoot me if it makes you feel better.

@УvøgêÑ:

> Leaving myself completely open to flame here, I wont retaliate - but I was just curious.
>
> Is WOH not using Spainions custom engine and not EE2.7? Correct me if im wrong, im sure i read that. If its a custom engine, and is not EE2.7 - does it not apply to the same rules everyone else is subject to? i.e WOH is  advertised all over this site. But if someone else is to advertise another game of possibly another engine, or lo and behold a similar game, they are persecuted.
>
> Just an observation, please shoot me if it makes you feel better.

permission from marsh overrules all other rules.

Actually I'm kinda with devogen on this one. Favoritism is really wrong; both morally and ethically. If we have a custom game with a modded engine we can't even mention it, but he can have WoH stuff everywhere, How is that fair to those of us on the wrong side of the system?

@kerii:

> Actually I'm kinda with devogen on this one. Favoritism is really wrong; both morally and ethically. If we have a custom game with a modded engine we can't even mention it, but he can have WoH stuff everywhere, How is that fair to those of us on the wrong side of the system?

ask for permission. Normally you got a high chance to gain the privileged if your game/engine will/does not compete with Eclipse. (AKA private engine like WOH. Im pretty sure that it is not going public nor open source)

@УvøgêÑ:

> Is WOH not using Spainions custom engine and not EE2.7? Correct me if im wrong, im sure i read that.

I'm pretty sure we made it blatantly obvious on many topics the game WAS made using Spainion's completely original engine. I also stated that I have permission from the owner of this site, Marsh to 'advertise' it here, as long as I do not attempt to persuade any users to use a different engine other then Eclipse. Which is no problem, as our engine is strictly private.

@УvøgêÑ:

> if someone else is to advertise another game of possibly another engine, or lo and behold a similar game, they are persecuted.

As I mentioned, we have permission from Marsh. Needless to say, some similar occasions have risen in the past, where as they were also able to discuss their games here that were not made by Eclipse.

@Simius:

> permission from marsh overrules all other rules.

Yes, exactly. As he is the founder and administrator of this forum, and ultimately TouchofDeathProductions.

@kerii:

> Actually I'm kinda with devogen on this one. Favoritism is really wrong; both morally and ethically. If we have a custom game with a modded engine we can't even mention it, but he can have WoH stuff everywhere, How is that fair to those of us on the wrong side of the system?

Well get over it, this is Marsh's forum, and thus the rules are his to decide. I'm sure the government would also laugh in your face. You accepted Marsh's terms and conditions, so how dare you question him on his decision. He can do whatever he wants here. If you don't like it, then too bad for you.

Now back on topic please people, of all topics I find this one the most strangest to have brought up this whole debate.

Hmm well like I said I'm not going to argue, it wasn't the point. I can guarantee I'm not the only one wondering why this was so, hence the reason for the topic (since you thought it was very strange) I think it applied to this thread.

I must say, Of course I did not know you had Marsh's permission to do so until Simius pointed that out. I don't recally seeing that mentioned in your thread, but I obviously skimmed over a few pages, so possibly I missed that also.

Not sure what the government has to do with this. In real life we have Unions and such to deal with attempted Dictatorship. However this is an interwebs forum, and the ideals or practices  of any Government, be them Australian, American,  Dutch, German, French etc… are not applicable here I would imagine.

@УvøgêÑ:

> I don't recally seeing that mentioned in your thread, but I obviously skimmed over a few pages, so possibly I missed that also.

First post on the topic, under the sub heading- "NOTE-"

Other members have also commented on how our engine is complete epic pwn. So hopefully its not too hard to miss.