Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A Notice to the admins and mods - Take it easy

vrage

almost every post I visit, I always see a mod threatening people/ keeping a topic in "control" and that sorta stuff.
But lemme tell you, a lot of Eclipsers come here to get rid of rules and being under someone else's control(Hint: My boss)
So imo the mods should just cool down a bit, and give the members a little space.

-Regards,
Rage
(I put that in whenever I'm serious BTW)

I'm usually lenient (excluding the Need A Job area), and most of the other mods are too.

One thing we've been getting alot of recently (as Kender has pointed out) is an increase of spam and flaming..
I can't speak for all mods, but I'm not too happy about it because this is not coming from new members, but from older members that should know better…

@Ðragon:

> Seriously, I said 8 words, contributive words, to a post, and they called it spam.

According to your log, the warnings you receive are for 1-word posts, eg (the most recent):
@Ðragon:

> Lol

@Ðragon:

> I hope they take this easily, without warning Rage.
>
> Seriously, I said 8 words, contributive words, to a post, and they called it spam.

lol you need to put those 8 words TOGETHER like you know.. in a sentence?

jk

/ontopic its good to see no mod-flaming of this topic.

Lax a little, but, don't go lazy.

xspore.com became an elitist place (Yes, I did fall in it sometimes) because there were barely any rules except for no-advetising other websites. Newbs got bashed for asked questions on the game, people got banned for being disliked (Elitism dislikament, not disliked because they were idiots), and some other stuff.
Don't get me wrong, I still love xSpore, but, the place is near-dead because of it.

Personally I think the enforcement is being too strict. You say it's coming from older members but I haven't really seen anything bad.

Kreator bashed everyone's work but that's about it.

I mean… hell... I caught someone claiming someone elses work was there's ... and I get warned? as did 2 other people in the thread who agreed with me? That's not flaming or flamebaiting, I was just pointing out it was fraud.

I think it's getting a tad ridiculous.

I removed your warning ghost, but really all the mods are just stopping the flaming. If you think a warning isnt warranted send me a pm and ill take a look at it. But most of the warns i see are indeed flaming.  As for dragon you have been spamming, flaming and posting 1 word replies as admiral pointed out. We are trying to make eclipse a more friendly place. You can either warn members or let everyone get flamed to hell. You don't want flaming but you don't want to be part of the solution.

Either way, if you get a warning that you think is dumb send me a pm and ill take a look at it. I have removed many warnings in the past. Though if you did flame someone don't expect it to get removed. I appreciate feedback on the site though, so thanks for bringing this to my attention.

@Marsh:

> I removed your warning ghost, but really all the mods are just stopping the flaming. If you think a warning isnt warranted send me a pm and ill take a look at it. But most of the warns i see are indeed flaming.  As for **devogen** you have been spamming, flaming and posting 1 word replies as admiral pointed out. We are trying to make eclipse a more friendly place. You can either warn members or let everyone get flamed to hell. You don't want flaming but you don't want to be part of the solution.
>
> Either way, if you get a warning that you think is dumb send me a pm and ill take a look at it. I have removed many warnings in the past. Though if you did flame someone don't expect it to get removed. I appreciate feedback on the site though, so thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Devogen or Dragon?

Admiral was pointing out Dragons Spam Marsh.

Ima go cry now.

@Ghost:

> Kreator bashed everyone's work but that's about it.

I must say, he may have bashed everyone's work, but it was for a reason.  Last night he told me that he only bashes me to lead me toward trying harder, and harder, and keep doing it over and over so I improve my skill.  If it wasn't for his cruelness, I wouldn't have felt any bit motivated to try harder..