Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New Lostica Tiles?

mrmiguu

I decided that the tiles I made… well, sucked. So I got a PM the other day from my GFX artist, Minilinkki, of a new grass/ground design he made for Lostica. I tried it out and I liked it a lot better than mine could have ever looked. I decided to make my own custom version, same style though and make multiple variations with different textures and color schemes to match the multiple terrains throughout Lostica.

Tell me what you guys think...
![](http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/Alexanderthegreat91/new_lostica_terrain.png)
Please do not use these for any game and/or distribute them in any way, thank you.

- Sincerely, MrMiguu

the tops look nice, maybe they could use a bit more texture ie blades of grass sticking out, or the graininess in sand/brick.

the big problem is the chunks hanging down…. there's absolutely no... texture i guess, to those at all. it's earth hanging down but the earth is perfectly smooth? try adding chunkiness to the ground hanging down.

I hope you get what i'm sayin

@Ghost:

> the tops look nice, maybe they could use a bit more texture ie blades of grass sticking out, or the graininess in sand/brick.
>
> the big problem is the chunks hanging down…. there's absolutely no... texture i guess, to those at all. it's earth hanging down but the earth is perfectly smooth? try adding chunkiness to the ground hanging down.
>
> I hope you get what i'm sayin

Yes, almost like it's lacking a dimension or something…

@shrig94:

> nice job miguu, I like the nature tiles but the tiles with blocks look awkward.

How so? I think it's because I defined their 3-D depth perception, maybe if I made it one entire solid piece.

• 2 weeks later...
@slym:

> work on your colors and add even more different scalles of color, and texture is a major must.

Actually right now I am practicing dirthing, blending colors using the checkers board pattern then blending the two colors, avoiding a solid line.

I have an idea..
make the "brick" tiles look moor square.. not like they were unearthed which is how they look now. they look like nature with dirt underneath.

Edit: sorry if that sounded rude… im not looking for a fight. just a simple suggestion.