Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Real Life Eclipse Users

Rithy58

I wonder what you guys are in real life.
Are you a Ph.D? Or are you still in middle school/Jr. High(That's me :P )?
How old are you? Are you like 30 or 13(again…like me).
What do you guys do beside Eclipse?
Do you have a job? Like it? Hate it? What is it?

So basically, you can just tell me how you are in real life.

I'll start off.
My name is Rithy. I'm 13 and I love computer programming. I'm still in Middle School, but when I go to college, I will major in Computer Science and I want to be a Software Engineer. But what I want to do is Develop Game.
I live in Massachusetts and I want to get into Havard University. But I probably can't. I'm single and I'm do good at school. Although I may sound like a nerd, but I don't look bad. :P Maybe I should post some pictures of me.

Sincerely,
Rithy

Edit Reason : Too many of the same smilies make my post look all weird.  :cheesy:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fleshlightman.  I live in New Jersey (FTW!) I am, irl, Tyler. As of now i'm 13, yeah, i know most of you think I'm older. I'm in 8th gradem but am going to high school next year. I got accepted into NJROTC (naval junior reverve officer training corps) high school. Besides eclipse, I program and hang out with my friends.

-edit-
sticky vote.

Name is Kalen.
Age is 19.
Height is 6'3"
Weight is 160 pounds, very thin
Hair color is dark brown
small goatee

I like to write. I'm not in school currently, just working at a gas station / convenience store and saving to travel to europe. Hopefully I'll go to college or something after that.

Im Gwendalin
You dont ask a lady her age… besides a lot of people already know :P

I am the systems administrator for an insurance company. Basically I am in charge of all the electrical equipment at work. I fix the computers, run the network.... take care of the phones... blah... blah... blah...

I went to college.... kind of.... the beach was to alluring so i ditched more than i went :(

I live in the high desert of California.
I get bored very easly and just like to goof around.

I like video games, animals, puzzles, and long walks on the beach.

If you are interrested in me please pick applicant# 2238443

Nice topic!
I'll go now.
My name is AJ
I'm 19 years old.
I'm currently in my second year of college in Delaware for Computer Security.  Once I get out there, I want to try to either get into Hopkins or MIT for Graduate School.
I don't have a job, but I'm trying to set up an interview this week (just a summer job), so I can pay next year's tuition.
If I had a camera, I'd post a more recent picture of myself (I'll have to find one).
Interests:  I LOVE science, mainly Astronomy, and computers.  I always love a good debate if I know the subject!  Another thing I'm good (enough) at, is being a survivalist (drop me off in the middle of nowhere, in a snowstorm, in the forest, mountains, or north American desert, I'll probably get out alive).
I usually spend almost all of my time at the school (tomorrow I have 1 class at 2pm, so I'm going to the college around 8:30am to go in the library to study and stuff).

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Eclipse seem to be full of people with education or will go on to college.
My school….probably 10 people my age want to go to college.
And to be very honest, Eclipse seem to be a very good community.
Maybe in the future, when I'm older and have kids, I will get to say.
Hey, that's where daddy use to go to all the time. Have fun with the community. And you should play around with the engine.
lol anyway...Maybe Eclipse will get famous.
"Eclipse3D 1.0 Beta Released in 2010" Can't imagine how cool that would be :P

Sincerely,
Rithy

holy crap gwendle-angel! Is that your number at the bottom?! ;)

anyways, my names Jake. I'm 18, 19 soon. I'm Italian and proud of it. I go to college for computer science and I find college a complete joke and I'm completely cynical about the whole thing and my government for that matter. I've never smoked anything or done any drugs. I've never been drunk but I have drank before. And don't call me a nerd or any of that bull shit because I'd bet I can be more fun to hang out with than someone who's drunk or high.

I live in Virginia. I love the state. Weather's been gay this year though. I have a beautiful girl (we managed to not break up) that I've been with for over 2 years. I hit on Gwen cus it's fun ;)

If you've seen me around the forums and seen some of my older posts and some of my newer ones you'll see I'm quite good at art. I've been drawing since I was really little and I'm fairly exceptional at it. I used to be a caricature artist at King's Dominion.

I started programming in 8th grade on TI calculators and took programming all through high school and now I do it in my spare time to make games for fun and for classes and for money. I've done jobs as a freelance artist and programmer but the majority of my cash flow comes from working at Ruby Tuesday's.

If you ask me about college I think it's all bull shit and you can learn anything at college + more from a few hours on Google. The only reason you need college is for the piece of paper at the end. And the only reason a computer programmer needs that piece of paper is because a company wants to see that he can stick it out somewhere. College is a joke.

And if you ask me about our government, I'll tell you they're all greedy arrogant bastards that just wanna work the system to give them more money. We're going through and economical crisis and congress is voting to give themselves a raise and $40k spending allowance? My mom doesn't even make $40k a year you jack asses. Oh and that whole legalizing marijuana thing, what a Female Dog slap to the face of Americans. How're you gonna have it illegal and then when you need to milk us for money to pay your raises, you're gonna make it legal and tax it? Jack asses.

Oh yeah, and I LOVE Dragonball Z and Guitar.

Anyways. That's me rolled up in a nutshell. Call meh Gwen ;)

My turn :cheesy:
My name is James. I'm 14 and I love designing games. When i'm not here, I go out with my friends, and like to just chill. I'm in High School, 9th grade. I'm always known as the youngest in my schools. My birthday is late (January 10)
I live in Tallahassee Florida (capital baby) and I'm planning on going to FSU (Florida state univerity).  I have a gf friend named Brianna, and 1 bro and  sis. I am NOT a nerd… lol
:cheesy:

PS: this must be pedophile heaven. jk :P

@Ghost:

> holy crap gwendle-angel! Is that your number at the bottom?! ;)
>
> Please say yes… jk :P

Ha, Ghost, don't knock down getting drunk until you've tried it. I'm not saying go get drunk all the time, just occasionally, at a party, on new years, or whatever.

Of course the hangover the next day will make you want to die, but it'll pass eventually, haha.

Pete, 15, Student.
Sitting my standard grades soon (GCSE's, whatever :P).
Favourite subjects are history, music and computing.
I don't try hard enough in school, I could do alot better, just not well motivated.

A bit of a social reject, I don't go out much. - Never get invited, too shy to ask.
I'm optimistic for the future.
Ask me if you're interested to know anything else.

Well, my name is Dan, I was born and live in Brazil, São Paulo.
I am 20 years old, and already finished high school.
I paid vestibular (a great trial to enter a college) last year but not spent =.=
Since then I work in a mall near my house in a clothing store! ^ ^ '
I love the chance to be able to spend all my creativity, creating xD
And that is what I do as I write games …
I had learned a little with RpgVX and had loved the experience, then found the Eclipse and I felt happy again! Only Online, which makes the experience much more cool! xD But im preety much noob yet! ^^'
Well, I think it is!
xP

cool topic,

Daniel, 15, grade 10\. Vancouver, BC.
6"1, if you were wondering…
Play basketball, listen to music, do random crap,  and just , yeah not much besides that. (I'm shooting guard)
I just got a job, like last week, and i'm going in for my first shift today in like 2 hours, I work at a sports bar.
Plans after school : none.

@Ghost:

> Oh yeah, and I LOVE Dragonball Z and Guitar.

YEAH! Both amazing things.
Anyways

Riley, Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Most know my age but I don't like to talk about it becuase then I'm taken less seriously.
I like music, programming, hate crowded trains, hate posers, hate when people bring back old fads then say they invented it.

Chris here.

Im in middle school. im 13\. we just got a new highschool its fuckin huge too.
going there next year.

i like cookin and anything technological or old. especially old technological things.
ima either move to Russia, Antarctica, Germany, or Switzerland…maybe norway too.

if i move to Antarctica i have a plan to make a new country...called Tomtopia.
Already workin on language and writing system. So Rolk cio.

but yeh thats me in a peanut shell.

Andrew here.

Im 15 and am a freshman at De La Salle North Catholic Highschool.

i am a game programmer… or just game maker in general (table top also)
im a luvn guy xD. likable and funny. i try to make everyone happy and try to entertain everyone.
i kno when to stop joking around and be serious.

i dont usually get mad but when i do...its not very pretty lol.

I'm Eduardo

I'm half Mexican, half Spanish; I'm 18 years old, and actually reside and study in Kobe, Japan.
I go to a High School here, in which I consider myself an average student, I like to play basketball, drawing and play the guitar…
That's pretty much it

I'm Anon(15)(M)

I am Danish, I live in Denmark and I am student at a independent boarding school for lower secondary students.
Next year I will be on a college called 3D-College in Grenaa, I have been there for a week before and I were amazed of how easy it were to make 3D models and chose that it should be my future for sure.

I do alot after school, such as: gaming, trying to learn to play piano/keyboard, volleyball, hanging out with friends (with you guys too :) ), sleeping and of course eating and peeing/shitting/dumping.