Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why use Eclipse?

Necromancer

Well.

i suggest Eclipse because over my years i have never encountered such a better comunity :)

the newest version will be coming out soon which will be open to a whole bunch of new features thatll make 2d games just look amazing.

you partner Eclipse with a particle system and you got yourself one hell of a good engine.

Sadscripting and Vb is very easy to learn.

People are very helpfull here

do i need to go on ;)

You can do quite a lot with Eclipse just out of the box. It's versatile and easy to use. It does have bugs and limitations, but as with everything you have to consider all factors and adjust your plans to fit the situation. Eclipse does provide source code so you can make additions and fix bugs yourself if you want to devote the time to do that.

@[SB:

> Ninja-Tech link=topic=42509.msg424723#msg424723 date=1239595520]
> Well.
>
> i suggest Eclipse because over my years i have never encountered such a better comunity :)
>
> the newest version will be coming out soon which will be open to a whole bunch of new features thatll make 2d games just look amazing.
>
> you partner Eclipse with a particle system and you got yourself one hell of a good engine.
>
> Sadscripting and Vb is very easy to learn.
>
> People are very helpfull here
>
> do i need to go on ;)

I second all that. Eclipse owns and will only own more once 3.0 comes out. Plus, it won't have any mirage traces in it anymore.

_Ok, so I was replying to the topic All Engine but it got locked before I reply.
Anyway, These are the facts.

I have used ALL Mirage Based Engine that were created before 2009.
And I'm not saying Eclipse is the best one because I have used a DX8 one and it's better but I bet EE 3.0 is better.
Eclipse may not be the best and fastest engine but guess what? Nothing is perfect.
Eclipse is the most friendly engine and have the best community I seen.
And if you want the engine to be better, learn VB 6.0 and customize it to your needs.

If you think Eclipse isn't for you, then give up Mirage Based Engine.
Everything take time to learn. You can't just expect to know how to use something without learning it or read the manual first. That's why everything came with a manual(last time, my battery AAA came with a manual lol).

So if you think "Oh this is impossible" then you're wrong. Nothing is impossible, you just have to learn first.

Sincerely,
Rithy_
[Source](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=42390.0)

@-[Nightmare:

> - link=topic=42509.msg424719#msg424719 date=1239595260]
> PEDO BEAR.
> Sorry.
> I don't even know, i just got startled by pedo bear.
>
> Bye now.

@[SB:

> Rithy58 link=topic=42509.msg425075#msg425075 date=1239651995]
> lol I was going to say that but Admiral posted it first.
>
> Sincerely,
> Rithy

/Sigh. If you have nothing good to say, dont say it all!

How ironic. 5% warning for backseat moderating.

Well actually, I was posting it then the Red warning told me that someone posted so review it and so it was admiral.
But well I'm sorry if I shouldn't really post that.
I thought since I spend like 5 minute typing, I shouldn't just change my mind and erase everything and if I post that again, it'll be like saying it twice and so I change it to it was what I was going to says.
But still I'm sorry if I shouldn't have done that.

Sincerely,
Rithy

@Desiderium:

> ZoSo; if you hadn't made a custom engine, would you use eclipse?

Well yeah maybe.. allthrough ive had to modify for stuff to work the way i want them to.. so i could as well use Mirage Source as a base anyway..
I havent made a custom engine, people have made it for me.. based on my standards xD..

But yeah.. dont use Chaos xD.

@Necrotic:

> 3.0 will be the first legit Eclipse version with no source of Mirage. So far its working great - meeting all of my standards.

Its written from the scratch?
Why is called 3.0 xD?

Yeah Eclipse community is like a hundred times more active than Mirage Source xD.