Find results in...

Fixed Eclipse Oudated

Akselj

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im, having problems with 2.8 :sad:

what i done is downloaded the compiled version and renamed the "server.exe" to "new server.exe" and the "client.exe" to "new client.exe".
I then put the new client into my 2.7 client folder and the new server into the server folder.
Everything works fine apart from 2 things:
movement is very bad(if i press up it goes 2 tiles up and 1 to the left)
when i equip something it give me an error

EE2.8 uses afew other things (in the Data.ini) then EE2.7; so you'll have to update your Data.ini as well (open both data.inis side-by-side to compare them, then add the additional values to your older one); may be afew more things too.

The movement is a glitch; AkselJ is trying to fix it; if you have access to Visual Basic 6.0 to edit the source, you can do a quick fix by just commenting out one line of code that causes the problem.

@Dark:

> In no way shap or form do houses work I tryed over and over. I am going out of my mine here!!!!

I've been able to get it to the point where it sends the request from the server to the client that you stepped on the tile, then the client pops a msg asking if you want to buy the house, if you click "yes", it will send it to the server and execute the Packet_BuyHouse sub or w/e it's called.  That's the farthest I got; it doesn't actually set you as the owner.

I'll post in the Source Questions board on this issue.

Yes , but can you fix that (doesn't need to be today , fix when you can) because there's alot of people that doens't have VB6 …
Thanks , and congratulations for the EE 2.8!

PS : Check my entry of the scripting contest i putted you in the Ultra legends list lol!

@VitinhooxD:

> of this tread
> but why?i'll try the website
> EDIT: Failed too

No, don't get it off the website, you'd want it from this thread.

The custom menus should have been working in this build; can anyone else confirm they do not work?
@VitinhooxD: You may want to throw a topic up in the Bugs and Errors board.

@VitinhooxD:

> Admiral , i have the newest version of EE 2.8 ( the posted in this topic ) but custom menus txt bug isn't fixed , i think there's a  error in teh source..

Why tell Admiral… -_- I made this thing

You can just download it, extract (Google: 7-Zip) it and use it. Not sure though if you can use the maps, NPCs, etc. files from EE 2.7 though, but if you haven't done much on that yet, you can just use EE 2.8 out of the box.

Regards,
  Godlord.