Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fixed Eclipse Oudated

Akselj

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aksel, I was working on the hosing system, I got it working again so you can buy a house atleast,

GetVar returns a string, and this line won't work (also, I think it's case sensitive):
```
If GetVar("Data.ini", "Config", "OneHouseOnly") = 1 Then
```It should have been:
```
If GetVar("Data.ini", "CONFIG", "OneHouseOnly") = "1" Then
```With that line changed, you can atleast buy a house, and it changes the maps name and stuff.

Here is my entire topic on the houseeditor; I tried reimplementing it from TE's (and EE1's) houseditor, but I failed.
http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,48806.0.html

@AkselJ:

> I could try making a new house system out of scratch.

Please Please Please, Oh did I say Please lol

It would be nice to have one like yovilles apt. where they have an apt. when they join, but I know this will never happen lol

Apartment? dude thats easily possible you could just make heaps of seperate rooms, and i think with timers and Goddies inventory script (it has Give/Take currency right?) you could make it take money after buying the 'apartment'.
@Admiral, yes i see the problem too 1 is not in a string e.g "1" (although you've already pointed that out)
If Aksel says it was working, perhaps it works AFTER buying but the buying was bugged. The only way is to test it. Is that a source or script btw ;)

![](http://anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/mgno.gif).. 2.8 is worth making better. especially since its the most stable EE version yet. Also whats the point of doing 3.0 when SE1 is coming out. Or are u talking about the same engine here (names confuse me).

I say we should finish what we start. b4 starting something else

Yea but 2.8 is currently out. See the difference? Lots and lots of ppl are using 2.7/2.8 and unless there will be a full 2.8>3.0 converter (by full i mean items/classes/npcs everything) then 2.8 should be fixed, put stable. and then left behind from new users and then u work on 3.0