Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Your Favourite Meal?

Khachaturian

So, being a line cook, (And a regular person), and also enjoying food from all sorts of different cultures, I've experienced many dishes.

Ranging from the infamous deep fried mars bar, to whatever that stuff was at that ethiopian restaurant…

I was just curious to see what your guys favourite meals, snacks (drinks even), are

For me, its kinda hard to decide, I really like central-american food (Duh), but then almost nothing beats a good double bigmac from mcD's,
And trying to think of my favourite dish now, I kinda blank out.
But among them are apple pie with icecream, any kind of eel roll (sushi), paidakha (Greek lamb, forgot how to spell it), and for drinks this korean rice drink is really tastey, Fresca, obviously (Fresca > Squirt :)), and water.
Water is amazing.

Your turn

I am a pretty huge fan of asain cooking. I used to work with a thia chef that showed me a ton of awesome dishes. I love sweet and sour anything, eggnog, pizza i love me some mangos. Thats all ic an really think of right now.

There is a German/Bohemian restaurant in my area, and there is this platter that is so good, it has Veal Schnitzel, a Bratwurst, and you get a quarter of a duck, and it's served with Sauerkraut and either German potato salad or Spaetzel (I don't care for spaetzel myself though). It's a large meal, I usually take half of it home, but it's very good, and it's a good meal to have with a nice dark German beer.

It's a little expensive though, so we go there maybe 2-3 times in a year.

@Anna:

> There is a German/Bohemian restaurant in my area, and there is this platter that is so good, it has Veal Schnitzel, a Bratwurst, and you get a quarter of a duck, and it's served with Sauerkraut and either German potato salad or Spaetzel (I don't care for spaetzel myself though). It's a large meal, I usually take half of it home, but it's very good, and it's a good meal to have with a nice dark German beer.
>
> It's a little expensive though, so we go there maybe 2-3 times in a year.

Sounds like a good place, i personally love spaetzel though i understand why some poeple wouldnt. Duck is damn good, it just doubled in price though which really is a shame.

Lots of things. I like Thai Panang Curry, Chinese Crab w/ Fried Cheese, Mozzarella Sticks, Southwestern Chicken Rolls, Greek Salad, Greek Lamb Legs, Lobster Ravioli, Lobster and Butter, Chicken Sandwiches, Curd Rice with Pomegranate, Biriyani, Butter Chicken (Indian), Naan, Mango Shakes, McFlurry's, Sonic Blasts, Chedder Peppers, Thai Wings, and it goes on.

• 4 weeks later...
Never thought of this before, but I just had it yesterday, you make some sort of sandwhich, no lettuce though, like cheese and some meats maybe mushrooms. Then you soak it, but not too much, in egg (Which can have a bit of milk in it if you want) and then cook it like you would french toast till its browny golden on each side. Its pretty good.

@Bones:

> Never thought of this before, but I just had it yesterday, you make some sort of sandwhich, no lettuce though, like cheese and some meats maybe mushrooms. Then you soak it, but not too much, in egg (Which can have a bit of milk in it if you want) and then cook it like you would french toast till its browny golden on each side. Its pretty good.

FFS I make a sandwich like that (a type of monte cristo) and everyone except Marsh thinks I'm nuts.
:icon_alabanza: