Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dark Shield Online Splash screen

Devogen

Hey guys,

I dont really often post stuff in the showoff section as im usually doing graphics for other people. I've started a new game, pixelwarz is on hold for a bit. I cant really advertise the game nor my engine here as per the rules, but this section is my loophole I guess :)

Before anyone crits the sword yeah that needs a bit more work, the shield took longer to get right, and the flames are pretty quick and cheap.

Im posting this as i spent some time on it and would like some feedback. Everything in it is custom, and am happy to show the 367 layer PSD its made up of if any one doubts if i made anything or not.  I edited out the engine name from the bottom to stop teh flames! pardon the pun :)

The names not particularly original, but its not really set in stone, more of a title in progress at the moment… but the game centres around shields , mechanical shields that shred the opposition. Im doing all the sprites and tiles in the same style as this.

This screenshot is actually part of the flash animation that makes up the login screen.

![](http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt314/G2d_2009/ds1.jpg)

Lol, thats pretty cool.

The middle thing reminds me of a hubcap XD

The blade of the sword needs to look more non-flat
but other than that thats pretty rad

Hippo man, whats your gamma set to? because on my screen the @Hippoman:

> the handle of the sword just seems flat…well the whole sword does. with everything else popping out it draws attention.
>
> also the handle blends in with the back, making it near invisible.

Hippo whats your gamma set to? the handle sticks out like dogs balls on my screen… interesting.

yeah swords a little flat, iim sure you understand when you made your worlds end sprites, as they share the same problem.

@Hippoman:

> the handle of the sword just seems flat…well the whole sword does. with everything else popping out it draws attention.
>
> also the handle blends in with the back, making it near invisible.

I can see the handle from about 10 meters away.
It's your monitor's fault. Either that or you need glasses ^.^

OnTopic :  Very nice Devo! It has a professional feel to it. :)

@[G2D:

> Devogen link=topic=45998.msg474625#msg474625 date=1245360999]
> Hippo man, whats your gamma set to? because on my screen the
> Hippo whats your gamma set to? the handle sticks out like dogs balls on my screen… interesting.
>
> yeah swords a little flat, iim sure you understand when you made your worlds end sprites, as they share the same problem.

lol i jsut saw this.
Too bad he left.