Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MotR Online ~ Magic of the Realm. [PRE-WIP]

Bongartist

Basically, reading the WIP rules, I don't have enough information to start an official WIP yet, Addy told me it would be fine to start compiling information for our WIP here, so here we go.

**What I'm doing right now.**
:evil:

Updating PRE-WIP, Working on Storyline, Pixels & Recruiting, as ever..
_1:18Pm GMT, Thursday 3rd September 09\._

**Positions we are currently trying to fill.**
2d AND/OR Isometric Pixel artist - Spriter and Tile artist.
We also need Paper doll and GUI artists.

Note: We'll be using 8 Directional Movement & an Expanded Paper Doll.
Please. PLEASE. Bear this in mind before applying for the Job.

The Team.
We actually now have a few Artists: A couple anonymous Artists, Sparrow and Gabe our Lead Spriter's and Paperdoll Artists,  Alex their Assistant, Environmental, Touch Up & Paperdoll Artist…

Myself in Pixel Training and doing a little light Pixel work and creating the most ellaborate and complex storyline known to man...

Only joking, but, it does get pretty intense. It'll be open-ended, so pretty much ongoing... Scores of stories all knotted up. Some dead ends, some rewards...
Treasure hunts, Myths and legends... Even a few crusades...

Oh, and we also have Jono, Artist & Web Designer... And Yonder our Web Designer and General Techie. Sh3li as mention below, though we do actually need another GUI Artist, she think's might know some really talented people that might be interested in the role. We also managed to nab Lam3r as an Editor. W00t!

[Our GFX Topic.](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,49345.0.html)
Currently trying to talk Sh3li into doing our Gui's, very promising stuff.
[Some of her work. VERY promising stuff.](http://www.youtube.com/user/monkeyplushie)

Very latest activity.

![](http://i29.tinypic.com/2h7i8f9.png)
Well's be trying to create the perfect common ground between these sprites.
The above sprites I got this morning from one of our Head Spriters.

I've recently started to work on MotR's artwork myself, though I'm still looking for some more people to fill the spot on a more.. Permanent Basis?

Or a maybe a Mentor/Consult that can offer advice and wisdom?

For a rough idea of what we all looking for click the link below.
http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,45241.0.html

Note: We haven't actually STARTED development, as we're holding off for Solar Eclipse release.

**Features.**

This is where The Magic of the Realm really stands out.

Player Trading, Player Shops, Player Profiles, Broadcast Box, Market Place & a Jail, for the naughty ones. Potions… Jump, Sprint, Dual Wield & Split CTRL keys. Friend list, Enemy list, Merchant list & a nifty Note keeping system for the Friend/Enemy/Merchant list's.

A pleasing mixture of 2d & Isometric Tiles will go beautifully with the 8 Directional Movement system we have planned. An Expanded Paper Doll system, An All-In-One Class system & a unique Plantation system. Life side & Realm side, 2 inter-changeable existences.

Multiple Races, Multi-Headed Story line and even a Multi-Grade Item system.
Factions & Clans. PvP Wars, Clan Wars & Faction Wars. Resurrection & Jobs. 3 Pets per player & Rides. Weapon-smithing, Armour-smithing & Jewel-smithing. Mining, Fishing, Woodcutting, Farming, Cooking, Breeding & even Building!

**Story.**

This my chosen area of expertise, I've got very big thing's in mind for the Story. I can't divulge to much, a lot of secrecy…

"At first the Realm was nothing more than a way of coping with the hustle and bustle of day to day life, and for a while it worked perfectly, I took it and molded it into my own personal Haven. Eventually however, as everything always does, things took a turn for the worse..."

Just a small sample of the Intro. A little teaser.
And that only JUST touches the tip of the iceberg.

The following words should blow your mind.

**Multi-Headed Storyline.**

Meaning a storyline for each of the 9 Races we intend to use.
Note: We DID add further Races at a later date.

**Races we intend to use, and Factions they belong to.**

**The Resistance.
Hume, Elf & Dwarf.**
Available at Birth.

**The Divine.
Enlightens into: Angelic Hume, Angelic Elf or Angelic Dwarf.**
At 3rd Enlightenment. (300.)
Depending on your initial choice.

**The Renegades.
Outlaw, Druid & Goblin.**
Available at Birth.

**The Divine.
Enlightens into: Demonic Outlaw, Demonic Druid or Demonic Goblin.**
At 3rd Enlightenment. (300.)
Depending again, on your initial choice.

There will also be an extra Mystery Race (Or two.) available after you have 1 Angelic and 1 Demonic character.

Each account will be allocated 3 slots, 1 Resistance, 1 Renegade and a slot for this mystery character. Meaning the player will see the story from 3 sides of the story.
Each storyline will tie into each other in subtle ways, and also into a much bigger storyline.

**Functions - Explained.

**Eggs** ~ Pets start out as eggs.
**Multiple Pets** ~ 3 pets at one time.
Examples: a Sky Based pet, A creature based pet & a Submariner based Pet.
Some Pets have Special Abilities. 

**Magic:**
Note: Element effected.
**Race Dependant Abilities** ~ Special Abilities that vary from race to race.
RDA Examples: War Cry, Elven Eye, etc, etc.

Magick Examples:
**1st Level Spells.**
Fire, Fire Ball, Inferno & Volcano [AoE].
Frost, Frost Ball, Snow & Blizzard [AoE].
Wind, Wind Ball, Gale Force & Tornado [AoE].
Vines, Roots, Boulder & Rock Slide [AoE].

**Demonic.**
Demi, Poison, Vortex & Hole [AoE].

**Angelic.**
Holy, Blessed Light, Cure & Group Heal [AoE].

**2nd Level Spells.**
Meteor & Meteor Shower [AoE].
Icicle & Iceberg [AoE].
Gust & Hurricane [AoE].
Rock & Spores [AoE].

**2nd Level Demonic Spells.**
Drain, Beserk & Smog [AoE].

**2nd Level Angelic Spells.**
Enlighten, Revive & Nova [AoE].

**Other Skills.**

**Plantation** ~ Harvest resources.
Examples of Plantation: Mushrooms, Grass, Flowers, Weeds, Fruit & Nuts are amongst a few of the options we intend to use.
Plantation can be Sold, Farmed or used to make Food & Potions that Heal you, Kill you, Make you stronger or Make you weaker…
Note: Some have seemingly random effects.

**Mining** ~ Mine for Ore.
Examples of Materials: Steel, Lead, Iron, Copper, Silver & Gold.
Different rates of quality. Each available from designated maps and locations. Ore can be Sold or used to craft Weapons, Armor & Jewelery.

**Fishing** ~ Fish for a wide range of fish. Each available from designated maps and locations. Some are only available under certain conditions.
Fish can be Sold, Cooked then Eaten or kept and Bred.
Note: Once you've built your own home and a pond, you can keep a number of your own fish and choose to Breed them or cook them later!

**Woodcutting** ~ Chop for Wood.
Examples of Lumber: Pine, Oak, Fir, Sandle, Willow, Birch, Beach & Maple.
Wood can be Sold, used to build fires or used to build structures.

**Farming** ~ Farm you own produce using seed you've purchased from the shop or Plantation you've found in the field. Produce can be sold, Cooked then Eaten or turned into Potions.
Note: Farming also includes Live-Stock.

**Building** ~ Build structures using Wood and/or Ore. Buildings can be used to escape back to Reality at any time & Camp Fires increase the rate of healing.
Note: Building Concepts will be sold in the Shop, Available as Rewards for certain quests or Dropped from certain Enemies.
A player can only build 3 properties and must destroy 1 to make another.

**Weapon Smithing** ~ Smelt materials at the furnace and use them to Craft Weapons. Molds can be made or acquired at the Shop, through doing Quests or even off Monster Drops. Leveling the Black Smithing skill effects your chances of acquiring a High Grade Item. The furnace has to be lit regularly and stoked.
Note: Requires Wood, different types have different effects on the result.

**Armor Smithing** ~ Skin enemies and use their Hides to Craft Armor.
You can also create Armor Dyes with Plantation found in the field.

**Jewel Smithing** ~ Collect Gem Fragments and combine them to make Gem Stones. Use Gem Stones and Smelted Resources to make Jewellery.

**Weapons:**

Short Swords, Broad Sword, Sabres, Samurai Sword, Daggers, Sacrifitial Daggers, Hammer, Hand Axes, Butterfly Axe, Pole Axe, Guantlets, Claws, Pole, Spear, Long Bow & Arrows, Bow & Arrows, Crossbow, Wand, Staff & Sword. 

**Items** ~ Rings, Earrings, Neck, Hat/Face, Shoulders, Wrist, Torso, Legs, Feet, Garment & Charms.

**Multi-Grade Item System** ~ 6 different Grades of items.
Examples:
Broken: _0.5 x damage._
Ungraded: _1 x Damage._
Low Grade: _2 x Damage._
High Grade: _3 x Damage._
Perfect: _4 x Damage._
and Immaculate: _5 x Damage._

I'll add in-depth explanations for each of the functions we intend to use, as I go, way to much to explain in one go.

**Screen shots:**

We currently don't have any screen shots.

**Summary.**

The Magic of the Realm is based almost entirely on my currently unfinished and unpublished book, which is based almost entirely on the place I go when I slumber.

**Time Era.**

This isn't an easy question to answer, we intend to use a mixture of Modern & Mythical graphics. Covering Reality AND the Realm. Being able to change between the two at will, by going to sleep in your room.

**Game play.**[/u[

_Obviously_ Myth & Magic.

I'll add to this as and when I can.
:evil:**

EPIC but you know what i think? NO DOUBLE POSTING =D
Edit your original post
i like the idea of falling a sleep and waking up in the new world. But how will you get back? OH NO
and what happens if you…
HAVE A NIGHTMARE?

@Insert:

> EPIC but you know what i think? NO DOUBLE POSTING =D
> Edit your original post
> i like the idea of falling a sleep and waking up in the new world. But how will you get back? OH NO
> and what happens if you…
> HAVE A NIGHTMARE?

I meant to add that on the end, sorry.
And Thanks.

You'll be able to get back to Reality in a similar fashion, find a bed, a fire or building.
Completing certain parts of the Story will also send you back to Reality.

And you just unwittingly stumbled into a major part of the Storyline.

"At first the Realm was nothing more than a way of coping with the hustle and bustle of day to day life, and for a while it worked perfectly, I took it and molded it into my own personal Haven. Eventually however, as everything always does, things took a turn for the worse…"

Just a small sample of the Intro.

@Insert:

> I thought i was reading a book from a pro author. Wow, NICE. This is the most EPIC and ORIGINAL idea since isometric/sidescrolling games!

I appreciate that.
Thanks for he input, I was this close to give it up as a hopeless lost cause!
Renewed motivation!

@Insert:

> NO WAY dont give up that's EPIC.
> I'd love to play this. Can't WAIT. =D

I can't wait to make it, of course you'll be welcome to play it. ;)
I'll keep updating. I already updated the Function list and started to expand on it, I'll continue. I wasn't expecting any genuine interest. :P

Are you kidding? it's awesome. Your the first person to implement both modern AND past technology! When you get this working, your gonna inspire many more games like this. It'll be a new era to eclipse gaming.
God, i love the ideas people get these days…amazing...

@Insert:

> Are you kidding? it's awesome. Your the first person to implement both modern AND past technology! When you get this working, your gonna inspire many more games like this. It'll be a new era to eclipse gaming.
> God, i love the ideas people get these days…amazing...

Though not intentional, I hope thats the case.
Most of these guys are far better qualified than me, I shudder to think what these guys are capable of… There are alot of things I think you'll like about MotR judging from your level of interest and previous comment, you should keep your eye on this topic.

I'll be adding 90% of my material over the next few days.

Maybe some of my storyline over the next week or so, I've got none of it on my computer yet, its all in my Journal at the moment.

@DDuИ༐t:

> YES! THE USE OF DESIGN BOARD!
>
> /pat on the back

Thanks, wish I could take the credit but, Design board was Addy's idea. :P

@Tsukasa:

> This is gonna be good,keep us updated.

Will do mate. :P
I'll be doing a bit more in a minute, just getting something to eat. :cheesy:

• 1 month later...
>! Dude, this game seems good. Please. when you get any test game, make me as your Beta tester. My name is Miguel, nice to meet you.

What I think of this game:

Actually I read ALL. As you can see I saw graphics. I mean, only faces, and saw a video of a girl that will make your GUI, if your game launch soon. believe me, I will vote for your game!

>! ![](http://i44.tinypic.com/2rer18w.png) <–-(Co  :cool: oL *****(5 Stars out of 5))---

• 4 weeks later...
@[GTâ„¢:

> Bong@rtist link=topic=46068.msg525357#msg525357 date=1250473807]
> You think? Still no screenshot thought…

Far more informative than most of the bs they have there… Just be careful how much information you give out. If you give out your best stuff, then somebody steals the idea, makes a crappy version of it in two days, it kinda kills any hopeful hype anybody could of had towards it. :)