Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Revolution (Temp Name, maybe)

jcsnider

Ok, I decided making a game was too much for me to do right now, and I want to do more programming and sad scripting to get better at it, so I am working on a source edit which anyone can use, right now it is titled Eclipse Revolution, for now it is a temp name, but I may keep it… It fits well with Evolution and sounds okay... if you have any better ideas please PM or post here.

Anyways!

This engine is going to 1st be made by me, and most likely only me.
It will come with fully custom GUI - Made by me with GIMP - So, it may not be to good.

Screenshot -
![](http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/7148/eclipserevolution.png)

I have been looking at some of the request these past few days and getting ideas. Some of the features this will have -

* Password Encryption - Encrypts password while in Client, then sends to server, this allows safer data transfer, the server also keeps it encrypted while in .ini file, I will add a button in the server called password viewer or something.
* Click to walk - I will not create this, I will use one I have fount on forums.
* Bigger Game Screen - 800 by 608 pixels. Fount edit on forum.
* Later - Add alot of skills such as mining/fishing/wood cutting/more, and a menu in the game where you can check levels and such.
* Maybe Fullscreen
* NPC talking system - Advanced - Will require scripting for choices and such, but easy to do.
* Add more later

Release Number 1.0

> Ok, here is first beta release… 1.0
>
> Features....
>
> -- Admin
> --- When you 1st start the server, it ask you for an admin name and password. The server then keeps this data. The option I have added in the server, such as disabling and re-enabling the password encryption requires this username and password. This makes it alot safer for people to host your game.
>
> --Npc Chat
> --- When you click on a friendly npc, what you set as "Say" they will say in a text box. Screenie in a few post above.
>
> --Npc Movement
> --- You can set-up a npc move route. this is very early beta, I still need to make changes. I recommend friendly npcs, so you can't mess up thier movement with attacking them.
>
> --Wider Game Screen
> --- Hard to explain, look at screenie few post above, you will get idea.
>
> -- Click to Walk
> ---I added in click to walk, and then right click to attack. Normal controls work too.
>
> --Friends list
> ---Added in a friends list, basically the same as whos online, but you choose who is on it. It will be improved. Appearntly people want this :)...
>
> -- F6 and F7
> --- These controlls show/hide the HP/MP/and Sp bars. and F7 shows/hides the chat box.
>
> --Encryption
> --- I have explained this... Basically alot of security (safer).
>
> --GUI
> ---I have put my own GUI in, it isn't fully customizeable at the moment. But some is.
>
> --Fixes
> --- I have added all fixes that are in 2.8.
> Fixed Auto-Login
> Fixed Shop Value displaying
> Fixed Spells
> Fixed bank
> Fixed trade
> Fixed Custom Menus
> Fixed Help-tab - Not yet, almost!
> Map freezing fix
> Allowing trading of stackables and currencies
> Fixed houses
> Damage fixes & multiple damage blits
> Damage Blits at Once (Plus a Bug Fix!)
> Making the chest attribute work
>
> Copied and pasted from AkselJ's post. Thanks AkselJ.
>
> More, if I forgot anything I will post here or edit this post.
>
> This is compiled, no source at the moment.
>
> http://www.sendspace.com/file/jxw3ci
>
> Please tell me what you all think I should add/delete and such

Any ideas/suggestions/questions/comments…. complaints???

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blizz is being payed to do a different project at the moment, so Neon is on hold, so I came here for awhile… and got inspired to do this. I estimate I will be able to get about half way through when Blizz can start on Neon again, so I will then slow down on this and work on Neon more... but I will finish this as a side project...

@Bob Smith - Well, vb6 in general, I will do some of both...

Update

I have the full GUI done, but it maybe temporary if I change name.

Started on Password encryption, you can change it in the data.ini…
Also, I am adding a new tab to the Server. It will add control buttons to the new tab. The only one now allows you to enable/disable the encryption. When you enable/disable it, all the accounts made after that point will follow whatever you choose. Accounts made before that will continue to work although your password is encrypted or not. Or, it will give you the option to convert all accounts that are already encrypted or not to not encrypted or not... kinda confusing.

Also, no matter what you choose for it to be saved as, when it transfers from client to server, it is encrypted. Just in case.

I am almost done with all of this.

Sorry for double posting, but I do have some nice updates.

1\. Finished the NPC - Talking and Controlled Walking
2\. Added in all Fixes - Except the Help-Tab - Thanks to all who made them
3\. Finished Encryption and have started testing

I am just about ready for a release, just want to test more.

Some screenshots:
![](http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/6002/npceditor.png)

![](http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/5302/npctalking.png)

More info soon.

Ok, here is first beta release… 1.0

Features....

-- Admin
--- When you 1st start the server, it ask you for an admin name and password. The server then keeps this data. The option I have added in the server, such as disabling and re-enabling the password encryption requires this username and password. This makes it alot safer for people to host your game.

--Npc Chat
--- When you click on a friendly npc, what you set as "Say" they will say in a text box. Screenie in a few post above.

--Npc Movement
--- You can set-up a npc move route. this is very early beta, I still need to make changes. I recommend friendly npcs, so you can't mess up thier movement with attacking them.

--Wider Game Screen
--- Hard to explain, look at screenie few post above, you will get idea.

-- Click to Walk
---I added in click to walk, and then right click to attack. Normal controls work too.

--Friends list
---Added in a friends list, basically the same as whos online, but you choose who is on it. It will be improved. Appearntly people want this :)...

-- F6 and F7
--- These controlls show/hide the HP/MP/and Sp bars. and F7 shows/hides the chat box.

--Encryption
--- I have explained this... Basically alot of security (safer).

--GUI
---I have put my own GUI in, it isn't fully customizeable at the moment. But some is.

--Fixes
--- I have added all fixes that are in 2.8.
Fixed Auto-Login
Fixed Shop Value displaying
Fixed Spells
Fixed bank
Fixed trade
Fixed Custom Menus
Fixed Help-tab - Not yet, almost!
Map freezing fix
Allowing trading of stackables and currencies
Fixed houses
Damage fixes & multiple damage blits
Damage Blits at Once (Plus a Bug Fix!)
Making the chest attribute work

Copied and pasted from AkselJ's post. Thanks AkselJ.

More, if I forgot anything I will post here or edit this post.

This is compiled, no source at the moment.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jxw3ci

Please tell me what you all think I should add/delete and such