Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

@Whack:

> HOLD THE PHONE DAWG I NEED YOUR HOTFIXES

Why are you doing this to me?! T-T

I plan on adding in extra features to PV as well. You expect me to make source edits for those as well? Not only would that take forever, but I'd only really be doing it for one person.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look man, I've been working with this for months now, programming my own edits into it because I was waiting for you to release bug fixes! You didn't say you were going to turn this into A Beta and not update it. Now I'm fucked and i'll have to start from scratch again. This whole damn community is fucking gay.

@Whack:

> look man, I've been working with this for months now, programming my own edits into it because I was waiting for you to release bug fixes! You didn't say you were going to turn this into A Beta and not update it. Now I'm ducked and i'll have to start from scratch again. This whole damn community is ducking gay.

![](http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here.gif)

@Whack:

> look man, I've been working with this for months now, programming my own edits into it because I was waiting for you to release bug fixes! You didn't say you were going to turn this into A Beta and not update it. Now I'm ducked and i'll have to start from scratch again. This whole damn community is ducking gay.

Immaturity.

No need to cry about it whack just rip any changes he does I'm sure he will post what changes he made… Also he doesn't have to do anything he is nice and released something completely unique and even if u do have to start over oh well I started over 3 times from switching engines its cool it took me less time and effort each time I did (glass half full kinda thing)

@Whack:

I suggest you learn how to use subversion and go through the edits you made and see what he changed, then merge the edits manually. It takes several hours to do, but if you spent a lot of time on it there's no reason to start over. I worked on Eclipse Origins for almost two years doing this.

@ℕḯℊℌ☂☾:

> I was thinking about a single player one… XD
> if its okay... Can you please make it? :D
> You'll probably make my day if you can do it. :P

Can I do it?

Yes.

Is it worth doing (considering gameplay and such)?

Probably not. Everything server-sided would have to be client-sided.

@Whack:

> seems like MrMiguu isn't going to help me…duck it, I'll just play Freecon until he comes out with an actual release and doesn't lie about updating it.

You know, I'm right here…

![](http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/Alexanderthegreat91/whaface.png)

Found out that the so-called NPC attack-on-sight bug was actually him [ZeoWorks] not being a normal player, but actually an admin; NPCs are not aggressive naturally towards admins.

Wanted to keep you guys sorta updated, so here's a temp. list of what's goin' down so far:

**[Update]**
[o]Fixed a bug where players could spam the Jump.wav sound effect.
[o]Fixed a bug where NPCs could spawn on a bank tile.
[o]Fixed a bug where players could float on top of the map.
[o]Changed the blood animation to a flat pool of blood.
[o]Changed the HOME key for turning the player to the END key (easier access).
[o]http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,77397.msg828198.html
[o]Changed resource tiles from solid to walkthru.
[o]Added in double-tap running.

**[To-do]**
[o]~~Make resource tiles walkthru.~~
[o]Fix player animation desync. on jumping/falling.
[o]Add in a parallaxing background system.
[o]Add in a dynamic multi-frame animation system.
[o]~~Add in double-tap running.~~
[o]~~http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,77397.msg828198.html~~