Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kicked out

Robin

Ended up getting kicked out of home again. I've come into Guiseley and I'm using a mates computer for the next couple of days. On Tuesday, though, I'm hopping over to my Dad's house to sort out some shit. I won't have a computer or access to the internet whilst I'm there.

I'm just finishing up some coursework and writing up a CV, then getting a job. Once I've got financially settled, I'll get a new internet connection and I'll be active again :P

Until then, all projects are on indefinite hold, including Origins. Everyone who knows me has my phone number, so give me a ring if you need anything.

Take care,
_Robin_

@zidsal:

> this is robins new scam to get out of coding for projects
>
> but seroiusly
>
> tought to here that man is this the second or 3rd time you've been kicked out  :rolleyes:

Third. My parents love me soooo much.

Same old shit. I'm passing my college course but not getting distinctions. Mum & Step-dad say there's no point me doing the course if I'm not going to get max marks on everything, and said I needed to get a job when I was staying in their house.

I said if it's their house, I wouldn't bother intruding. Said I was going out for a week to let them calm down and think about the whole situation, they told me not to bother coming back.

@Robin:

> Same old shit. I'm passing my college course but not getting distinctions. Mum & Step-dad say there's no point me doing the course if I'm not going to get max marks on everything, and said I needed to get a job when I was staying in their house.
>
> I said if it's their house, I wouldn't bother intruding. Said I was going out for a week to let them calm down and think about the whole situation, they told me not to bother coming back.

Thats america for ya.
Everyone has giant expectations, but sometimes you just cant live up to it.

@Robin:

> Same old shit. I'm passing my college course but not getting distinctions. Mum & Step-dad say there's no point me doing the course if I'm not going to get max marks on everything, and said I needed to get a job when I was staying in their house.
>
> I said if it's their house, I wouldn't bother intruding. Said I was going out for a week to let them calm down and think about the whole situation, they told me not to bother coming back.

I don't understand parents like that… What's the point? I don't see why they can't go "You tried your best!".

Gah, danged big people.

@Azkanan:

> I don't understand parents like that… What's the point? I don't see why they can't go "You tried your best!".
>
> Gah, danged big people.

Eh, it's always been like that. Whenever I was proud of an achievement I'd always get the "Why didn't you do better?"

You get used to it after a while. I got pretty good at just ignoring people.

I get the same Robin. Let me show you what would happen if I got 99% on a test.

"I got 99% on my test!" Me.
"Why couldn't you have got better?" Dad.
"It's 99%!" Me.
"What's wrong with 100%?" Dad.

I feel bad for you.

Robin's grim character mystery solved. lol.

Nah seriously that sucks hard. My parents got used to the fact I suck so damn hard at school that they were like "Oh shit son… we are proud!" when I managed to get on a governmental university. That was funny.

Just remember to praise your children when you get some. More seriously - I wish you luck man. If you say it's not the first time I hope you'll be fine. But it's a fucked up situation anyway.

Thanks, but there are plenty of people in worse situations :P

I'll be fine once I sort a few things out, then I'll have a connection at my new place and I'll be back online being grumpy and sorting all your problems out :3

Hmm, grades are important but just as good old Albert had said… Science without religion is daft just as religion without science is blind. Those parents of yours, Robin, want you to be perfect in one single way, grades in this case. They don't seem to understand that no matter if you had all the best grades in the world, they do you nothing if you don't have a life to go with them. ;) Do what you need to do and take care man.