Find results in...

My .hack GUI

dtdsora

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Hairo:

> Stop ducking flaming him! give him help tell him what he wants instead of you noobs with 1-200 posts saying HORRIBLE. or Something. god…
> It's not even THAT bad.

mm mm Huh you gotta point there why dont you give him a tip instaed of makin us feel bad.

hi, i agree that this isnt realy a wel made GUI… but if u were to clean up the images a bit using a better imaging program ( i use GIMP) it could be quite a good GUI and i think the idea behind it is quite good....

Do u know anyone who is good at processing images and get them to help u out?? coz i would like to see the final GUI (y) :azn:

Horrible. The renders were obviously done by someone and you haven't bothered doing it properly by saving the image in it's native format and loading up in a program that can read it properly.

Invest in a copy of Photoshop. I'm not sure if they're doing the Student budget package anymore, but you could probably look into that. A lot of education facilities are now offering these packages. My college gave us free copies of Photoshop and Visual Studio to help with our course.

Anyway, cheap editing, hand drawing with no skill or planning. It's a couple of boxes with some images pasted over.

If I saw a game with this in it, I'd close it down and delete it.

• 2 weeks later...
props for using .hack (.hack = fucking love)

The images aren't into the back round well, kinda crude copy paste job.

Keep working on it darling.
Making custom graphics maybe and then putting them around your buttons

That was like 2 days close to a necro I guess lol. I belive this toppic would be better left alone.
To begin with - I'm the second (Kreator should be the first but he haven't noticed I belive) person to tell you that you have absolutely no knowedgle about graphics when you say "Paint is not good for GUIs". Paint is good for making anything as long as you know how to use it.

As for the GUI - I can only recomend reading a lot of tutorials/looking at guis of other people that got a high vote and GUIs of normal games, active Eclipse games. Your attempt was really really bad.

This thread is full of fail. Anyways pick out some decent cutouts/renders and make sure you know your colors as well as what you're trying to come up with, it's easier to plan something and then work towards the plan.

@l0lz!:

> This thread is full of fail. Anyways pick out some decent cutouts/renders and make sure you know your colors as well as what you're trying to come up with, it's easier to plan something and then work towards the plan.

The renders look fairly good, I'm guessing he downloaded some PNG images and just loaded them up in Paint.

It's hard to get quality renders without a decent image editing program.

Robin - back when I didn't know about any other graphics program (when I was like 6?) I cuted out things from images pixel by pixel in paint… what a failure.

And by the way - desinging a gui on paper and trying to put it on a PC? F-F-F-fail. Don't do it - starting from a scratch on your machine as it's a totaly diffrent thing to do it on paper and in a gfx program.

@Kusy:

> Robin - back when I didn't know about any other graphics program (when I was like 6?) I cuted out things from images pixel by pixel in paint… what a failure.
>
> And by the way - desinging a gui on paper and trying to put it on a PC? F-F-F-fail. Don't do it - starting from a scratch on your machine as it's a totaly diffrent thing to do it on paper and in a gfx program.

Pfft, Paint is amazing compared to what I did.

I needed to create graphics in gridded paper then program it to appear on my BBC Acorn using DRAW and MOVE.

@Bleach-Ichigo:

> If i cared what people thought of me, i would of died my hair black

*edit 1*
and actually, all i did pasted some pics, picked some random color, and made the background that color
i might try again eventually… maybe

okay, i am working on a new main menu atm, i will post the results for it
*edit 1*
Okay, here's what i got so far, plz tell me wat i should change
![](http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk439/gaiains20/dothackmmguitest.jpg)
*Edit 2*
Okay, i am working on a Character Select, and i was wondering if someone could remove the JPG pic outline ruins on this picture and repost it as a BMP
![](http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s66/D408/dothack.jpg)
*Edit 3*
wow, 3 edits in 1 day, anyway, i have another GUI i want to show
![](http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk439/gaiains20/dothackloadguitest.jpg)

@dtdsora:

> okay, i am working on a new main menu atm, i will post the results for it
> *edit 1*
> Okay, here's what i got so far, plz tell me wat i should change
> ![](http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk439/gaiains20/dothackmmguitest.jpg)
>
> the flipped text makes my eyes go all dizzy  :P