Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Origins VB.Net

SpiceyWolf

For anyone interested… I will have EO2 converted to .net soon. I'll keep it in .net 4.0 I suppose for backward compatability (Win XP and such).

I'm currently at the very end of what I need to be to give an engine. It will still have parts of vb6 in there... but at least itll work in .net. Currently all thats left to do is fix a problem with loading the frmMain(client side) and frmServer(server side).

This will be an OPEN SOURCE release so when conversion is done, people feel free to tear in and start making replacements of the vb6 engines :)

VB 2008 has a wizard that converts VB6 project files over to .NET, take note that the conversion is rough as hell, leaving the code unoptimized and with many errors, the entire rendering system will have to be rewritten, probably the same for the packet handler. This however does save a * load of form work (Lots of forms to clone Eclipse. Lol) If you decide to go this route and just optimize/change/fix the rest of it. Of course, you'd have to be pretty fluent with .NET to do so..

I sent Daxter this as well beforehand, and he was to be working on it, but I'm not sure if he's going to be able to put time in since he's going to be deployed soon, also not sure if John is going to spend much time in it considering he has his C# engine going on..

So here if you want a broke, rough * conversion of EO 2.0 in .NET 2008\. Lol.

[attachment=1083:EO.Net.zip]

EDIT: Just to mention that this is not JC's version, it's a straight convert from VB 2008 conversion wizard, nothing was done to the code after the conversion.

> Daxter's already made one.

> Except he hasn't released the source or anything and this one is different because, well, it is being fixed by Spiceywolf I guess….

I sent Daxter this as well beforehand, and he **was** to be working on it, but I'm not sure if he's going to be able to put time in since **he's going to be deployed soon**, also not sure if John is going to spend much time in it considering **he has his C# engine** going on and I was told that Ranqe was going to continue where Daxter was going to leave off, when he goes.

It doesn't matter who does it, as long as it's complete, reliable, clean and able to run. Let it be a contest of who can get theirs hot and sexy first, eh?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
lmfao hadnt realized anyone posted here xD Yeah im still workin on it :D Its not just a goal, its my dream and my hobby to develop projects of any kind in vb.net! This aint going to die, it can be very slow progress due to my own life circumstances, but nonetheless it will release… Some day :D

• 1 month later...
Still alive here… Want to make an update here: I had been actually upgrading an engine... ill leave it up to all of you to guess which one it is after i finish it... i have a working server and client, no sound no input working... BUT i do have the graphics converted (only on the client not the editors) using SFML!