Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New Spells types, bind, warp, buffs, time limited, and more

Scorpious2k

@EclipseStalker:

> can u just add the code and upload it for me. the errors are completley unrelated to any thing ive ever touched

I agree it doesn't seem to be related. I don't see anyway I can fix it from here for you.

Has anyone else had these or any other problems?

EDIT: an afterthought. You can use a favorite program of mine and compare the original source and the changed source and find what is different from the tutorial describes.

The program is called WinMerge. It is free and you can get it here: http://winmerge.org/

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@EclipseStalker:

> lol am so noob found out i was running wrong server for 3 days talk about fail. Prob fix it, will go see now. Nope still doesnt save the length and frequency >=(

Try changing something else. If that change gets saved then you are missing the code that fills those fields.

• 2 weeks later...
Hmm, I can't seem to find this in the server:

```
        Case "checkchar"
            Call Packet_CheckChar(index, Parse(1), Parse(2), Parse(3), Parse(4))
            Exit Sub
```
Was this only included in EE 2.8?  I am using EE 2.7.

@Athagekin:

> Hmm, I can't seem to find this in the server:
>
> ```
>         Case "checkchar"
>             Call Packet_CheckChar(index, Parse(1), Parse(2), Parse(3), Parse(4))
>             Exit Sub
> ```
> Was this only included in EE 2.8?  I am using EE 2.7.

I have stable and it came in it. It is the last case statement before mine (precedes End Select).

@Zetasis:

> Would anyone be willing on adding this and adding it for us to download?

I would be willing to put mine up, but it has a few other things added too. It has all features of Eclipse Stable plus…

* eliminate possibility of sending empty packets
* increase max npc count on map from 15 to 30
* add new and Limited Duration spells (this fix)
* change default of InputBox to max possible and fix crash if CANCEL is selected
* make game multi-core multi-thread friendly

If there was  a lot of interest in having me do this and if I were to put it up for download, I would want feedback on any bugs found so we could squash them.

@Zetasis:

> That would be awesome and I would for sure let you know of any bugs i find.

Since you were the only person who showed interest, my first thought was just to send you a PM with the links, but then I thought that *maybe* someone out there might be too shy to say anything, I decided to put the links here in the public instead:

client is at    [client executable download](http://www.mediafire.com/file/yzy4rwyj0jx/client.zip)
                    [client source download](http://www.mediafire.com/file/wnjw0z2gz03/client-source.zip)

server is at  [server executable download](http://www.mediafire.com/file/nuqminwryd2/server.zip)
                    [server source download](http://www.mediafire.com/file/mamnim04eyj/server-source.zip)

Let me know about bugs or whatever you find.

I'm not sure about compatibility with what you have now. This has the shop fix in it which breaks the old shops (there is a conversion program for it somewhere on here) and I allow 30 NPCs per map instead of 15, but I dont think that or the spell changes will cause any problems for you.

Good luck, I hope this helps.

EDIT: This is a modified eclipse stable version, so you will need all the associated files (GUI, scripts, etc) for it since I didn't include any of them.

Sorry for the late reply been busy. Anyways, I downloaded the files you posted and replaced everything that needed replaced but when I try and run the server exe from the downloads I get an error saying Sub or Function not defined for this Call ClearSpellsPlayer. Anything I can do to fix this? I may have not added the files correctly or something but I though I just needed to replace the files that are there with the ones you posted.

@Zetasis:

> server exe from the downloads I get an error saying Sub or Function not defined for this Call ClearSpellsPlayer. Anything I can do to fix this? I may have not added the files correctly or something but I though I just needed to replace the files that are there with the ones you posted.

I'm not sure how that can happen if you are using the exe file I put up.  If you were trying to compile it without the vbp and vbw files I also included, that would happen… and the compile would fail.

Okay I've got the sserver and client exeacutables to work but I still can not get the sources to work for some reason. Is there anything else besides the basic client files(Data, GUI, ETC..) I need?

Hmm. By chance could you upload the latest version of Eclipse-Stable with these edits with source? Only asking cuz I plan on adding some source edits myself and I can't edit the executables.

Edit: Also, thanks for taking the time to at least add the first uploads. This edits and sick and long awaited.

Well for some reason I still can't get the source additions to work but the executables work and from what I have tested so far I haven't gotten any errors or bugs that are noticeable. This is awesome Scorpious2k and it is much needed for any mmo to function in my opinion. This needs to be included with the next version of Eclipse-Stable for sure.

@Zeta, feel free to use that program for your own community or for your games and friends but Eclipse Stable will remain the most recommended, most stable, more used program and we will keep that promiss but unless your making ur own version of Eclipse 2.7, you should use edit ES and post it as ur own cause a lot of the coding in it is by Damian and he hasnt given you permission to use his codes in your engine.

I dont recommend anyone to add this to their project before testing it on a new version of Eclipse Stable. If you do that and works, please post here saying it worked so we know that quite a few people have tried it and it worked. If that happens we will add it to ES.