Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Allods Online

Marsh

Hey guys, anyone play http://allods.gpotato.com/?

if so i just got a beta key anyone else playing it? if so what server are you on?

if you want a key there easy to get just signup here http://www.onrpg.com/MMO/event/Allods-Closed-Beta-Key-Give-Away-325

![](http://allods.gpotato.com/teaser/images/screenshot/screen01.jpg)
![](http://allods.gpotato.com/teaser/images/screenshot/screen05.jpg)

its either this or wonderking, dont know how long ill play for or if ill ditch it in 5 minutes though :)

@Minilinkki:

> link=topic=56834.msg601282#msg601282 date=1264178235]
> Looks good, is graphic change (make them lower) possible?
> Because i would play it with my new comp :3
> ONLY if you can change graphics loww >.<

Yes, you can adjust a variety of different graphics options in the game.

I've been playing this game for 2 out of 4 of their CBT. This…game... is... EPIC! It's not a huge difference from any other mmo. In fact many people call it a WoW clone, though that phrase is used way too often  :rolleyes:. There are a lot of features I haven't been able to try yet, but so far everything is very well done for a F2P. The in-game UI looks better then WoW's in my opinion. If you do play just be cautious, the combat is very slow to start, but progressively becomes faster as you level. If anyone wants to join a guild just whisper me.

Thraile-Level 10-Warrior

[![](http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/69/allods100121164133.jpg)](http://img697.imageshack.us/i/allods100121164133.jpg/)

Well after playing the game for a few hours, I'm happy to say i was wrong about somethings:
1\. The graphics are excellent.
2\. The gameplay closeley resembles WoW, as does currency and items. One flaw with combat however, is if you're a mage you don't have a default attack (you have a basic weapon attack, but you have to press the hotkey every time to use it, it doesn't auto).
3\. Lots of races with lots of different powers.
4\. The translation is very well done.
5\. Pets are actually useful in this game! My summoned scorpion is definitely stronger then me :D

However, I was right about a few things, and here are some frustrating flaws:
1\. Like I though before, AO is a massive grind fest. So far after several hours of playing I'm only level 5, and every quest I've done so far has sent me back and forth from council members carrying messages, and doing various tasks for them, all of which requires killing 8 or 10 or 12 of some kind of monster.
2\. The minimap is an epic fail. Why? Because there isn't one. There's just a double sided arrow that spins in whatever direction you're facing, I really don't know it's purpose.
3\. Fast traveling sucks. The map is rather big which is nice, but when you have to teleport back to the main area, only to be told to walk another 15 minutes in the direction u just were, it's a bit frustrating.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested in partying up or making a guild or something! I'm gonna be making all different types of characters from both factions so odds are I'll be on your side.

@Lam3r:

> if you're a mage you don't have a default attack

Lam3r no one has an auto attack in this game. At first It seemed annoying but I actually don't mind it.

@Lam3r:

> all of which requires killing 8 or 10 or 12 of some kind of monster.

Not all of them require you to kill monsters dude, you're exaggerating. I guess it depends on what faction you're playing, but on the Empire side once you reach the top of the city the quests don't all involve killing a certain number of things. I know a couple are gathering quests and discovery quests. Also, the killing quests in this game are nothing compared to some other grind heavy games. I've gotten no quests yet to kill more then I think 10 of a specific monster.

@Lam3r:

> So far after several hours of playing I'm only level 5

Trust me when I say it's probably because it's your first character. I complained when I first played that I was only level 4 or 5 after a couple hours. Now that I know the quests better after making my first character, I can get from level 1 to 8 in a couple hours. Though that may not seem to fast the level cap in this game is only 40.

I can ask if you want to join my guild "The Silent Warriors" if you want to join, I think they might be full though.

@*<{Wraith}>*:

> @Lam3r:
>
> > if you're a mage you don't have a default attack
>
> Lam3r no one has an auto attack in this game. At first It seemed annoying but I actually don't mind it.
>
> @Lam3r:
>
> > all of which requires killing 8 or 10 or 12 of some kind of monster.
>
> Not all of them require you to kill monsters dude, you're exaggerating. I guess it depends on what faction you're playing, but on the Empire side once you reach the top of the city the quests don't all involve killing a certain number of things. I know a couple are gathering quests and discovery quests. Also, the killing quests in this game are nothing compared to some other grind heavy games. I've gotten no quests yet to kill more then I think 10 of a specific monster.
>
> @Lam3r:
>
> > So far after several hours of playing I'm only level 5
>
> Trust me when I say it's probably because it's your first character. I complained when I first played that I was only level 4 or 5 after a couple hours. Now that I know the quests better after making my first character, I can get from level 1 to 8 in a couple hours. Though that may not seem to fast the level cap in this game is only 40.
>
> I can ask if you want to join my guild "The Silent Warriors" if you want to join, I think they might be full though.

Yeah I realized the combat thing, and it is somewhat annoying but allows for more time actually playing, since u can't just auto pilot ;D

And I'm not exaggerating about the quests. I didn't say top of the city, but getting there requires several hours of grinding. ALL of the quests on both sides so far are kill 10 of this and deliver this to someone somewhere else.
And no compared to Rappelz the grind is nothing, although leveling is slow. And I'm aware the cap is 40, which i don't really mind.
I like how they copied D2's skill tree though :D.

Jesus christ, what a ducking retarded installer does this game have… First it install the game in C:/gPotato (not where I asked it to), then it puts the patch files in C:/Adobetemp... WTF... And when I copy them to the other folder and overwrite the other files it says the launcher is corrupted. And when I then try to fix that (with the tool I get linked too by the launcher) I get 7 more corrupt files...

@.:Ev1ltyphoon:.:

> 2.3 gigs
> [dutch]
> Da moet ge zelf me een stomme Belgische trage internetverbinding me downloadlimiet kunnen downloaden  ;)
> [/dutch]

You own a stupid slow Belgian internet connection something something limit