Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A new RP, much like the one in GMOD

semlemsushi

Well, If some of you people who are reading this topic have played GMOD, please continue reading. For those of you who havent played GMOD, go to bed NAO!!. Anyway, for those of you who have play on those RP server in gmod and experienced the fucking awesomeness of spawning illegal money printers and getting sweet jobs like hitman or gun dealer before other people do, I say that I start a new gamemode for Eclipse! It will be called like EclipseRP or something because of the gmod gamemode called DarkRP. I WILL need some good ass scripters to help me out on this project so please volunteer below (you have to be a godly scripter to help because this shit is going to be gold).

dude… this thread makes no sense. is this an eclipse made game? if so, wrong section. is this your own game, not made with eclipse? not enough info. are you ten years old? if so, leave. Im not certain on whether or not to take this seriously.

K so since your taking your sweet time and replying to my topic, I'm going to tell you that:

1\. You probably don't know what Gmod is
2\. If so, you probably don't know the gamemode 'DarkRp', or other various types
3\. Finally, you probably do not know how the process works when playing these RP's

Notice how I said _probably._ This means that if I am totally wrong and you do know what Gmod is, you do know what 'DarkRP' is, and you do know how to play these gamemodes, then I am sorry for stating that. But right now, instead of getting mad at me for making a ducking idea, you can try to help and guide me through this.

Think before what ever the duck you want to sat. I am not a ducking ten year old and I do not give a shit if you are not sure to take this seriously or not. If you are not going to take it seriously, then I suggest you get the duck out of this topic and go somewhere else. If you are going to take this seriously, then try helping me out a little.

I know that I really shouldn't get angry about this situation, because anger and violence never solves anything. But I just really wish you could have helped me a little instead of getting angry at me.

I hope you know what a game mode is. There are different types of game modes for a lot of games. For example, Garry's Mod has several fun game modes.

* Sandbox - You build freely with other players or by yourself
* Death Match - You use weapons to kill other players (Free For All is when you are by yourself against all other players. Team Death Match is when you belong in a team in which you kill the other team continually. They are different types of game modes.)
* Role Play - You play in a city with other players and take on a specific role that you must play correctly or get demoted by the surrounding community

And so on, and so forth. These are some of the basic game modes for Garry's Mod. All I am doing here is making a different game mode for Eclipse, instead of the old boring "go around kill some monsters get some gold buy some stuff". I am probably going to find a better place for this topic, but in the meantime, those of you who are bitching about not knowing what I am talking about, here are some links to YouTube videos of Garry's Mod DarkRP Role Playing Game Mode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTp-3dZflh0&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB3ZL4fHg6s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeTjBFPR3Jw&feature=related

i dont think the question was ever "what is GMOD?".

the question is what is it you are trying to accomplish?
a city based eclipse game where players RP a certain role?
your own GMOD for the eclipse community?

please stop explaining GMod when everyone knows what it is
and please explain what you are trying to do.

I'm disappointed that my question didn't get answered… I believe that this guy can't script himself and wants someone else to do everything and he just simply say what comes to his mind and asks us to do it even though it may be impossible.

(Also, notice that I said I believe, so maybe my belief is wrong :D )

@☺Skell:

> I'm disappointed that my question didn't get answered… I believe that this guy can't script himself and wants someone else to do everything and he just simply say what comes to his mind and asks us to do it even though it may be impossible.
>
> (Also, notice that I said I believe, so maybe my belief is wrong :D )

It is a good thing that you are not exact with your beliefs because I do know how to script. I currently attend college and am majoring in C++ and Java.

@semlemsushi:

> @☺Skell:
>
> > I'm disappointed that my question didn't get answered… I believe that this guy can't script himself and wants someone else to do everything and he just simply say what comes to his mind and asks us to do it even though it may be impossible.
> >
> > (Also, notice that I said I believe, so maybe my belief is wrong :D )
>
> It is a good thing that you are not exact with your beliefs because I do know how to script. I currently attend college and am majoring in C++ and Java.

Great then go ahead and get started on something, then show us it, then there will maybe be some that find it interesting and wants to help you, right now you got nothing else than that you want to make a GMOD RP gamemode of your own. That is my advice

@semlemsushi:

> @☺Skell:
>
> > I'm disappointed that my question didn't get answered… I believe that this guy can't script himself and wants someone else to do everything and he just simply say what comes to his mind and asks us to do it even though it may be impossible.
> >
> > (Also, notice that I said I believe, so maybe my belief is wrong :D )
>
> It is a good thing that you are not exact with your beliefs because I do know how to script. I currently attend college and am majoring in C++ and Java.

You still havent explained anything. If youre trying to make a Gmod Gamemode, GTFO. Or are you trying to make a gmod-RP like eclipse game?

Okay so first of all, I want to know if this is the right place to put this topic. I know some of you might not know because you don't understand what this project is. I will go into depth now.

For those of you who know what Garry's Mod is, you also know that Garry's Mod has different types of ways to play, otherwise known as "game modes". Eclipse also has different ways to play, these are game modes in a way but not completely. Here is an example of a game mode for Eclipse:

[http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,46896.0.html](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,46896.0.html) - as you can see, MrMiguu cleverly took Eclipse to his advantage and manipulated it so we can have the pleasure to make our own side scrolling MMORPG.

This is what I am trying to do, except I am not making a custom engine based of off Eclipse so that other people are using it to make their game. I am making a different type of game for the community to play, but I just want to let you know that the game is going to be like Garry's Mod Role Playing Servers. I am currently making a website for this, so please give me a little but of time. If you still do not understand, I will try to explain even deeper.

P.S. Is this the right place for this to be or should it be some where else?

@semlemsushi:

> Okay so first of all, I want to know if this is the right place to put this topic. I know some of you might not know because you don't understand what this project is. I will go into depth now.
>
> For those of you who know what Garry's Mod is, you also know that Garry's Mod has different types of ways to play, otherwise known as "game modes". Eclipse also has different ways to play, these are game modes in a way but not completely. Here is an example of a game mode for Eclipse:
>
> [http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,46896.0.html](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,46896.0.html) - as you can see, MrMiguu cleverly took Eclipse to his advantage and manipulated it so we can have the pleasure to make our own side scrolling MMORPG.
>
> This is what I am trying to do, except I am not making a custom engine based of off Eclipse so that other people are using it to make their game. I am making a different type of game for the community to play, but I just want to let you know that the game is going to be like Garry's Mod Role Playing Servers. I am currently making a website for this, so please give me a little but of time. If you still do not understand, I will try to explain even deeper.
>
> P.S. Is this the right place for this to be or should it be some where else?

Somewhere else. We all know what gMod is. I play on a _good_ RP server, which got buttfucked by a fellow eclipser, who was a retard.

• 2 weeks later...