Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

@Robin:

> Yeah, all the level stuff is hardcoded. I'll switch it to a .ini file or something later.
>
> @Shadowwulfâ„¢:
>
> > The XP system is used frequently during the game so having it in the source speeds up its use rather than looking for and reading into a file every check/change.
>
> Stop thinking old Eclipse. You don't need to read it every check. Load it once when the server boots up and hold it in memory.

Yeah thats what I thought I said… old EE is that way because it uses the ini file. EE is faster because it doesnt have to load that file all the time.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@dg1423:

> I realize I haven't been active lately, but it's easy for me to see that Robin has created a fantastic engine here. If I were to make a game in the future, Origins would be my first and only choice. I think it's safe to say that Robin is a fantastic asset for this community, and his British humor and sharp wit has made my visits here oh so enjoyable.
>
> Fantastic work Robin, I hope to see more awesome updates soon!

Thanks pal, I appreciate it.

Resizing the map with resources on part of the screen that dissapears caused an RTE9 for me. (BltMapResource doesn't check resource bounds to make sure they exist.)

Also the naming convention in that sub burns my eyes. Use UpperCamelCase please. :p

@Vallander15:

> Where I can find all scripts in EO? I need it to add a lot of script :).. player shop..lottery ect. :)

wow… people just dont read these days.

@Tylian!:

> Resizing the map with resources on part of the screen that dissapears caused an RTE9 for me. (BltMapResource doesn't check resource bounds to make sure they exist.)
>
> Also the naming convention in that sub burns my eyes. Use UpperCamelCase please. :p

I have a similar problem. It has something to do with how the resources dont visually load until the first time you save the map.

Can this engine hold a 4 frame walk animation. Because I think I remember in the podcast you said something about a frog in RMXP that has 4 frame's and the old eclipse couldn't handle it. Is this in this version or in a later one?

@Irhymer:

> I have a similar problem. It has something to do with how the resources dont visually load until the first time you save the map.

That's how the engine is coded, no need to fix it. Just add resources to your map last. :P

I use the resources as first of all. A quick way to map trees. So thats how i noticed it. But I'm working on adding a different resource type for Key/Treasure Chest. Shouldn't be that hard to copy the code and edit up a few words.  :azn:

-Irhymer

*downloads blank EO*
I think I'm getting a really weird glitch that has to do with dynamic sized maps. :/

I'll update this post once I'm sure it's not because of my edits, but incase you want to try yourself:
Make a 14x11 map, fill the ground layer with a tile (So you can see the glitch). Save it. Make it 15x12\. Try walking to the top left, then down/right.

**Edit:** Yep. It happens in a blank EO.

I have a few questions,
1\. Why wont my goodies attack my baddies?
2\. How do I add more factions?
3\. Can you explain a lil further on making the animated items in the inventory/on ground?

Edit: Thanks for the help Robinyour awesome for making such a good engine and actually helping.