Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

One thread for all my new graphics

zade_o

Ghost, you must add a possibility of razing christian monasterys and vilages.
And about Valhala - cool stuff with it, but I guess it's a hard thing to do since it's the viking heaven…
so you technicaly have to die to get there... and you have to die in battle. Could be the area you go to when you die and where you must wait untill some kind of a penalty timer runs out.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going for a wide jaw look to make them look more brawny in a cartoony way. it's not meant to be realistic.

Kusy, the story involves the gods being possessed by loki who reigns from his own castle so idk how to include valhalla. maybe in an expansion if i ever finish this one?

@Ghost:

> I was going for a wide jaw look to make them look more brawny in a cartoony way. it's not meant to be realistic.
>
> Kusy, the story involves the gods being possessed by loki who reigns from his own castle so idk how to include valhalla. maybe in an expansion if i ever finish this one?

Simple, if Loki possessed the gods where else the players should venture to defeat the evil son of a biotch if not to Asgard, where Valhalla stands. You know, if you manage to controll the gods why the ducking not go have a party in the awesomest house in the hood?

thanks devo!

kusy, i'm hoping it all gets to where i want it. if i can make everything i'm planning i imagine it will be a very fun game for others. but we'll see.

![](http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/9394/fishingvillage.png)
some new tiles.

I think that's more a mapping issue. Also in locations where they would build longships, wide sandy beaches were preferred. The only thing I don't like is the round hut isn't really common, as it has a little chimney and I don't think the Vikings had chimneys.

Ghost, remember the longboat issue way back in the day? Look at the barrels next to the buildings, there is some of the same thing going on there.

Hmm… they had chimneys but in the bigger huts.
And about the barrels - they seem flat when compared to huts, they have difrent perspective and it of course looks weird to have two object with diffrent perspective next to each other.

@Kusy:

> Hmm… they had chimneys but in the bigger huts.

No, they didn't. Chimneys were an invention of the high middle ages.

Longhouses were a great design, the even vent holes would allow smoke from the central hearths to escape, but would be protected from snowfall so they wouldn't get covered and cause suffocation. The round hut really doesn't work in general, at best a structure like that would be a quickly built temporary or seasonal structure.

hmm ok i think i know how to make the smoke hole then. and this is just an area for a small group of fishers. the round huts wouldn't be used in the major villages.

UPDATE-
![](http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/983/newbarrels.png)
fixed barrels

Good job on the barrels, also - you are right Anna, I ment vent holes by the chimneys. And yeah, I would figure that when the hut is so small it wouldn't even had too many space to start a fire without burning the whole thing down - maybee make normal camp fire spots outside or a big main fire spot in the center of that village or whatever it is.