Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How many members are "real men"?

magezhilo

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless the wound is fatal you will not die right away and the surge of endorphines you experience will numb most of the pain. Unless of course you are shot in some painful areas namely Stomach (acid leaks out), Brain (can be instant death), Heart (not instant but you will get very weak very fast). So you could at least use your last bit of energy to maul the person to death. To be fair though I make a habit of never getting into a fight unless its worthwhile me going to prison for the damage I plan to do.

There is a rule about fighting that one should always remember:
Unless you are prepared to kill your opponent from the bottom of your heart you are not prepared to fight them because your mindset will not be atuned to defeating them but rather disabling them in a non-lethal manner.

and another saying I love comes from Fist of the North Star:
Power without  perception is virtually useless, and therefore of no true value

This is true but Im always paranoid about what happens when they get up and are looking for revenge and then they can't find you so they come after someone close to you. Thats one of the fears I have about using my strength, the impact it would have on others, unless its fight or die or something extreme.
Think I might look into Wing Chun, meant to be an excellent style as it relies on counter attacks and isnt an actual style designed for taking the aggressive stance but more reflecting someone elses.
Anyone learning it here?

I've never heard of it, but that sounds epic.
I'm a fan of misleading them and simply vanishing out of the fight. Not super hard when you're good at climbing and know the terrain, and as long as it wasn't targeted violence you'll get out totally off the hook.
If it is a to the death fight, you just stalk them and break their neck when they let their guard down. I did take a martial art a while back, I wound up dropping it because it was all about killing them before they know your there. Not something good for self defense, which is what I'd be looking for.

@silentdemonic:

> There is a rule about fighting that one should always remember:
> Unless you are prepared to kill your opponent from the bottom of your heart you are not prepared to fight them because your mindset will not be atuned to defeating them but rather disabling them in a non-lethal manner.

Unfortunately that's how I enter any fight. And I make sure my enemy knows it. First line is ALWAYS along the lines of: "Do you like your life?" And fortunately, I haven't killed anyone in a "Brawl" yet. Did in the military, but that was with an Assault rifle.

@Thorn:

> I've never heard of it, but that sounds epic.
> I'm a fan of misleading them and simply vanishing out of the fight. Not super hard when you're good at climbing and know the terrain, and as long as it wasn't targeted violence you'll get out totally off the hook.
> If it is a to the death fight, you just stalk them and break their neck when they let their guard down. I did take a martial art a while back, I wound up dropping it because it was all about killing them before they know your there. Not something good for self defense, which is what I'd be looking for.

I don't do martial arts. I just use whatever is at my disposal. Deception, is your greatest ally. Make the enemy think he has you cornered, and get the drop on him. If you don't want to kill them, and it's along the lines of they will do anything to kill you, then make them think they _succeeded_. That is another great strategy. Die and leave. It's a challenge, but if done right they won't know the difference.

I have never needed to _die_ before, but I have used some rather, unconventional means to disable my opponent. From Pool Cues, to normal punches. Just depends on what is necessary.

Just my views.

Thanks,
Aero/EBrown

@Stephan:

> I've got a six-pack by nature, but I'm not showing and presenting it like a Roman statue. For me appearance or strength has hardly anything to do with being a real man, it's rationality and intelligence that make a man. Emotions and empathy are the things that make you a woman. Although I agree with Aero that strength is important in case you have to defend yourself, but in most cases intelligence and rationality are the things having to fight or not depends on.
>
> Regards,
>   Stephan.

I read through this entire topic and the only rational post was by Stephan.
![](http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb214/chrisrooR/LOL-WUT-IT.gif)

- Adulese