Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Toribash

death

Toribash is a free application available for download from the Toribash website, It is basically a fighting simulator but the more effective the move, the more advanced it is and therefore, the harder it is to learn. There is freeplay in singleplayer where you can play against the AI and there is also Multiplayer where you can host and play on many servers, people can create their own mods and publish them for other players to play on a server online or you can play on them with the AI in freeplay.

it is quite difficult to grasp, I myself stick with the simplest moves to ensure I don't look like an idiot, however these simple moves are effective against anyone trying something advance, e.g: They cross their legs and prepare to leap at me with swords held criss-cross style, All I have to do is contract the left pec and lower the left arm and my character will slice straight through the other player's body. It is at the 3.9 stage now, The video below is in 3.6.
**There are different official gamemodes**
**Judo -** Fist Fighting with no ring, no chance of being disqualified
**Akido -** Fist Fighting with a tiny ring, High chance of being disqualified
**TwinSwords -** Each player has two swords, There is a medium-sized ring around the two players and touching the ground with the top half of your body and touching outside of the ring with any part of your body will get you disqualified.
**Other** - HUNDREDS of custom-made maps for any gamemode the author chooses, So that could be Judo on a sledging map and there are loads of custom gamemodes as well, People create gamemodes where the players have huge swords, are giant and there was one I particulary enjoy where you have to try and survive not falling in the Blender.

Here is the Promo Video, The colours of the characters in the game are bought in the Torishop with Toripoints or something, I'm not quite sure how they work, Anyway, Enjoy the video as its very well made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzjl0Cu9HgM

My Online Gameplay:

First match: I grabbed his head, he grabbed my arms and threw me over him, I flicked my legs backwards and he hit the ground before I did.
Second Match: We grabbed each other in a hug and tumbled around insanely - I couldn't even see which body parts were mine. He nearly had me down, but I flicked my leg backwards and reversed the momentum, him going down first.
Third Match: I went to grab him, but he didn't move and I missed. My hands grabbed each other and my chest, the momentum knocked me backwards onto the floor. I think he might of been AFK.

LOL.

Edit;

I just crashed the game after me and Uke crash landed from 5000 high. I heard a loud "CRUNCH" followed by "tb.exe has stopped working". Awesome.

Nethertheless, the landing caused 54671 damage to Uke and 14166 to Me! I turned him so we landed on him, see :3.

@[B.O.T.C.H.:

> Zonova link=topic=62444.msg662340#msg662340 date=1278904208]
> Is there a way to play against a smart NPC that moves?

The advanced training or just go online. In single player, you can also control the other person.

@[B.O.T.C.H.:

> Zonova link=topic=62444.msg662503#msg662503 date=1278943348]
> What if you want to do like the other martial arts? like tai kwan do and stuff :D.

Then go make a mod  :P

There is custom contect from users as well. Things such as tablehockey.

Though my favourite 2 gamemodes (1 offical, 1 mod) is twinswords, and one where you basically fight above a blender and try not to get hit in and crushed.