Find results that contain...
Find results in...

StarCraft II Anyone?

Homicidal Monkey

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Torrenting is not killing the industry. The amount of revenue that it effects is tiny, And I guarantee companies like blizzard lose little sleep over it. Most people who download something wouldn't have spent money buying it anyways. Then there are people like me who buy the game, music, ect if I deem it was worth it. What is hurting the industry is a lack of creativity and risk taking.

@Mikekan13:

> Torrenting is not killing the industry. The amount of revenue that it effects is tiny, And I guarantee companies like blizzard lose little sleep over it. Most people who download something wouldn't have spent money buying it anyways. Then there are people like me who buy the game, music, ect if I deem it was worth it. What is hurting the industry is a lack of creativity and risk taking.

I would just LOVE to know who's ass you pulled THAT out of.
Pirating games has been hell for the industry, and there are good game companies that have gone out of business because of it. I know what I'm talking about here, my dad has been working in the industry almost since it WAS an industry.
I don't know if you're just trying to convince yourself of this to ease your conscience or if you actually believe that, but it's wrong. The amount of revenue that it affects is huge.
I would love it if the game companies themselves released torrents of their games, along with a tracker that detected who was downloading it. Perhaps with that some of these bastards who think that they aren't hurting anyone will get called on their theft.

@Thorn:

> I would just LOVE to know who's ass you pulled THAT out of.
> Pirating games has been hell for the industry, and there are good game companies that have gone out of business because of it. I know what I'm talking about here, my dad has been working in the industry almost since it WAS an industry.
> I don't know if you're just trying to convince yourself of this to ease your conscience or if you actually believe that, but it's wrong. The amount of revenue that it affects is huge.
> I would love it if the game companies themselves released torrents of their games, along with a tracker that detected who was downloading it. Perhaps with that some of these bastards who think that they aren't hurting anyone will get called on their theft.

I do believe that happened to me before =/

anyways, i have officially played this game, its awesome.  I tried to zerg rush, but i ended up being counterrushed and i died.  As terran, it was only my first time playing so I didn't build a big enough army and got smooshed.  When i was protoss, i did the best i think.  one game I won against computers with a bunch of void rays, and when i played online i got destroyed by void rays due to a lack of stalkers =(.  Win or lose, it was still fun.  I especially like building supply depot walls  :azn: