Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Expression of Interest - Music Guild

Dark Crusade

I've gathered some ideas for a small community or group, and I'm curious to see how many people would be interested in participating. What I have in mind is to found a small forum or such, dedicated to providing tutorials, experience and challenges to potential composers. Unlike website's like UltimateGuitar.com, it will be more personalised and specific. Myself and other 'reasonably experienced' composers will do our best to provide tutorials and weekly challenges to incent and motivate each other to compose. These will range from making particular themes, using particular instruments, and even completed or remixing predetermined/premade tracks.

Who would be interested?

I'd give more details but I'm hungover and sleep deprived.

Not very musical so i cant give much input, but the idea seems solid. I think one of the big issues with sites like UltimateGuitar.com and other tab sites are the huge amount of ads popups and other annoying crap. Since your keeping it small it should be easy to keep it devoid of all such clutter.

@Marsh:

> Not very musical so I cant give much input, but the idea seems solid. I think one of the big issues with sites like UltimateGuitar.com and other tab sites are the huge amount of ads popups and other annoying crap. Since your keeping it small it should be easy to keep it devoid of all such clutter.

Plus, more experienced composers can offer critique for the less experienced composers, and such.

@togekite:

> I'm down with it, but wonder if you care to have a "composer" in this community =_=

What do you mean by that?

@Braiton:

> Anyway, I don't see what's wrong with UG???
> I'm confused.

There's nothing wrong with UG, what gave you that impression? I merely used it as a comparison to show that this 'music guild' would be more personalised and specific to composing music.

@Mike:

> I would definitely join in if you went through with this, having a community for music would be fantastic. Go for it man, I'd love to see it happen. And also, "Expression on Interest" is probably one of the coolest names I've ever heard ;D Props

LOL thanks, I wasn't going to call it Expression of Interest. I called the topic that because it's for people to express whether or not they would be interested in a 'music forum' for learning to compose.

@Kreator:

> @Mike:
>
> > I would definitely join in if you went through with this, having a community for music would be fantastic. Go for it man, I'd love to see it happen. And also, "Expression on Interest" is probably one of the coolest names I've ever heard ;D Props
>
> LOL thanks, I wasn't going to call it Expression of Interest. I called the topic that because it's for people to express whether or not they would be interested in a 'music forum' for learning to compose.

Ohhh, haha god damnit. It all makes sense now, got it  XD