Find results in...

Favorite Anime/ Manga

Forbidden

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Gohan:

> The hell… I could have sworn it was there the other day...
>
> Why do those bastards have to crack down on the manga sites :rolleyes:

Because Otaku culture is serious business. That's a huge market for the disposible income of the middle classes of post-industrial civilization. It would just be stupid to ignore it in the current model of the world most sapients have built for themselves.

@Anna:

> Because Otaku culture is serious business. That's a huge market for the disposible income of the middle classes of post-industrial civilization. It would just be stupid to ignore it in the current model of the world most sapients have built for themselves.

tl;dr: Fat nerds have a lot money they don't spend on going out which they're willing to part with for moé blobs.

@Robin:

> @Anna:
>
> > Because Otaku culture is serious business. That's a huge market for the disposible income of the middle classes of post-industrial civilization. It would just be stupid to ignore it in the current model of the world most sapients have built for themselves.
>
> tl;dr: Fat nerds have a lot money they don't spend on going out which they're willing to part with for moé blobs.

But my way is so much more deep and philosophical sounding!

What's the point of being slightly older than most of these kids if we can't act like pretentious intellectuals? ;D

@Anna:

> @Gohan:
>
> > The hell… I could have sworn it was there the other day...
> >
> > Why do those bastards have to crack down on the manga sites :rolleyes:
>
> Because Otaku culture is serious business. That's a huge market for the disposible income of the middle classes of post-industrial civilization. It would just be stupid to ignore it in the current model of the world most sapients have built for themselves.

Well they are wasting their time cracking down on the manga sites. They won't gain any profit back by shutting them down. If someone really wants to read manga online for free, they will. Even if they shut down all the manga sites, they'll still find a way.

@Anna:

> What's the point of being slightly older than most of these kids if we can't act like pretentious intellectuals? ;D

You can buy ciggarets at the nearest kiosk without lying that it's for your mom.
@Gohan:

> Well they are wasting their time cracking down on the manga sites. They won't gain any profit back by shutting them down. If someone really wants to read manga online for free, they will. Even if they shut down all the manga sites, they'll still find a way.

It stopped me you know.

@Lollicat:

> @Anna:
>
> > What's the point of being slightly older than most of these kids if we can't act like pretentious intellectuals? ;D
>
> I act like a pretentious intellectual, but I'm one of the youngest here. :D
>
> …Then again, when compared to _some_ of these idiots…

Oh, you! ;D

![](http://www.combattoads.com/loco/src/126272434962.jpg)

@Anna:

> @Lollicat:
>
> > @Anna:
> >
> > > What's the point of being slightly older than most of these kids if we can't act like pretentious intellectuals? ;D
> >
> > I act like a pretentious intellectual, but I'm one of the youngest here. :D
> >
> > …Then again, when compared to _some_ of these idiots…
>
> Oh, you! ;D
>
> ![](http://www.combattoads.com/loco/src/126272434962.jpg)

![](http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:FCjxk-8nYVdqyM:http://www.uberpix.net/wp-content/main/2009_06/om-nom-nom-nom.jpg&t=1)