Find results in...

Eclipse Origins.Net

jcsnider

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@jcsnider:

> No. To determine your REAL ip address you either…
> 1\. Check the settings of your router.
> 2\. Go to a website such as www.ipchicken.com
> 3\. Have a computer connected directly to the internet. (Not likely)
>
> So what I am saying is that when the Eo.Net server starts it will connect to this forum and this forum will tell it it's REAL Ip so the server will display the correct IP address that you should be giving out to your friends versus a local IP which dosn't work.
>
> However if you server does not have internet connection at all, this will not work and the server will default into giving a local ip. (If the server does not have an internet connection then I doubt your gonna share you game anyway :D)

Isn't that what I generally said? It corrects the person? Maybe not directly, but it shows them the IP they should be using.

@MrMiguu:

> @Sekaru:
>
> > @jcsnider:
> >
> > > Also a little change. As long as the server that is hosting the game is connected to the internet the Eo.net server will connect to this forum and return the REAL Ip of the server to the host. This way it eliminates some people from trying to use local ip addresses.
> > > Ah I see.
> >
> > Does that mean that if you (the host) disconnect the server will still be up?
>
> (E.g. if you try setting the IP as 127.0.0.1, it will **correct** you by entering in your IP from ipchicken.com)

Ah okay.

**The cycle of failure**
1\. Start a new project
2\. Run into difficulties
3\. Remedy the difficulties by saying you're going to rewrite large portions of it
4\. Disappear instead of rewriting it
5\. Formally give up, stating that you're too busy with real life
6\. Repeat step 1-5

He's in step 4.. It happens.

Rewriting an engine is no easy game. He said this was a learning experience, after all. You guys shouldn't expect much. This shouldn't even have been intended for a release. He should have probably finished 90% of the engine, then proceed towards making this thread. It's hard under the pressure of an entire community. I know exactly what goes through one's mind. Don't stress out, jcsnider. Take your time and don't feel any sort of obligation to release. It will come when the time is right, lol. Don't feel pressured by lazy developers waiting for this to finish. That's their fault.

Good luck, man ;D

Looks pretty good JC, I haven't been on in months because of football, Im back now though, and I've been working on java recently, its cross platform, its got all of it, I'm making a game for TSA with a couple other programmers and a girl gfx artist in 2.5D(Isometric), so did my source code help you out at all? I'd remove those crappy vb6 libraries that are over a decade in age, and probably try to clean it out by replacing those libraries with the built in libraries Microsoft provided in the .NET framework, just so you aren't putting it to waste, and also, you might as well take advantage of the threading feature it provides.

Best Regards,
StormShellX