> @Pinkeye:
>
> > @Robin:
> >
> > > @Pinkeye:
> > >
> > > > Well, this will help newbs.
> > >
> > > Right. And how are 'newbs' going to build 'bigger and better games'?
> >
> > I didn't say that, but they can learn it.
>
> you mean like learning vb6? vb6 must be so much harder than .net -.-
>
> -seal

I said they could learn .net -.-

@Robin:

> Yes, because having the ability to open .NET yet the inability to open VB6.0 obviously means you have more than enough skill to program in the language.

Your not getting my point. It means you don't need a torrent to do it, VB6 is pretty much impossible to buy nowadays. So .NET is there for everyone to use so everyone can have a go at coder :)

@.Aaron:

> @Robin:
>
> > Yes, because having the ability to open .NET yet the inability to open VB6.0 obviously means you have more than enough skill to program in the language.
>
> Your not getting my point. It means you don't need a torrent to do it, VB6 is pretty much impossible to buy nowadays. So .NET is there for everyone to use so everyone can have a go at coder :)

If I can find it without a torrent can I have 20$?

@MrMiguu:

> If you can't find your way on the internet to getting the installer for VB6 Enterprise, there's something terribly wrong with you and I can safely say that you have no future in game development.

I agree with this, but I'll still take his 20$ ;D

@.Aaron:

> Your not getting my point. It means you don't need a torrent to do it, VB6 is pretty much impossible to buy nowadays. So .NET is there for everyone to use so everyone can have a go at coder :)

If you can't find a fucking download of vb6, you have no right trying to make a game. We've had thousands of people ask how to get vb6\. Have you ever once seen any of them ever make a game of any substance? No.

Stop insulting Jc's work with your retardedness. The benefits of .NET are **not** that it's more accessible to developers, but that it's more accessible to the **players.**

I'm going to use my wonderful powers of foresight and tell you that anyone who comes posting in this thread because they don't know how to get vb6.0 working will never, ever be able to make anything good from this engine.

[smartass remark]I have vb6 portable how can i make the exe[/smartass remark]

On topic. It is true. When i first joined back in oh gods know when, maybe 2007, i didn't even know about vb6\. Then over the past few years I learned about the internet, computers, and other things. Thanks to that now i have some basic knowledge of how to build tings.

Now thanks to JC, I'll be able to use the language I know and learned back in college with out making mistakes in vb6 by writing it in vb.net format lol.

@Robin:

> Stop insulting Jc's work with your retardedness.

;D

@crzyone9584:

> [smartass remark]I have vb6 portable how can I make the exe[/smartass remark]
>
> On topic. It is true. When I first joined back in oh gods know when, maybe 2007, I didn't even know about vb6\. Then over the past few years I learned about the internet, computers, and other things. Thanks to that now I have some basic knowledge of how to build tings.
>
> Now thanks to JC, I'll be able to use the language I know and learned back in college with out making mistakes in vb6 by writing it in vb.net format lol.

I have portable and it works with all versions of eclipse just fine :D I have made over 2000USD with it :D:D. I also have 2 cds somewhere with visual studio 6 enterprise but I can't find them.

Also, people do learn over time, but the start of asking where is vb6 or similar is an instant giveaway that you would not be making a game anytime soon.

Portable is usable if you install the Pro/Enterprise VB6.0 licensing. Seen as though most people can't even install vb6.0 itself, doing this would be beyond most people on this forum, so I just have it as a general rule that you can't use portable.

@crzyone9584:

> Ohhh :( You guys ruined my smartass remark. I have enterprise. I never go for the lowest end of a product. Just like I have the Ultimate edition for VS 2010.

Lowest end? Portable is an illegal stand-alone copy of vb6.0\. It's not an official version.

@crzyone9584:

> [smartass remark]I have vb6 portable how can I make the exe[/smartass remark]
>
> On topic. It is true. When I first joined back in oh gods know when, maybe 2007, I didn't even know about vb6\. Then over the past few years I learned about the internet, computers, and other things. Thanks to that now I have some basic knowledge of how to build tings.
>
> Now thanks to JC, I'll be able to use the language I know and learned back in college with out making mistakes in vb6 by writing it in vb.net format lol.

You need Enterprise and your a moron. .NET is very similar to VB6\. That's not a good reason to use it, the good reasons would be making something better than Mirage Source, with multi-threading, and a more compact library. Rather than having to deal with Windows 7/8 compatibility. Which this engine is aiming at the same level Mirage Source aimed as. The design for Mirage Source is terrible if you ask me.