jcsnider

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Robin:

> @Pinkeye:
>
> > I thought it'd be out next day for 1 month ago. That's a long time to wait :/
>
> Then you're a fucking idiot, aren't you?

Considering I don't think Jcsnider has not mentioned the project in some time, I'd say he's only a slight idiot.

@Pinkeye:

> Why am I a ducking idiot? Just because I'm unpatience, I'm not a "ducking Idiot". Watch your god damn language.

Impatient*

You're not an idiot because you're impatient, you're an idiot because you've obviously no idea how long it takes to write up a bloody engine. I think it's hilarious that you're advertising your edit of this thing when you've proven once again that the only thing you could possibly do is a couple of cheap edits.

Jc has said many times that it'll be released when it's done. Simply looking at the screenshots should show you that he still needs to write up the entire graphics engine. That's a pretty big thing to do. God knows how many other small things he needs to add in.

Even then, he might simply just drop the project. Every single re-write of Eclipse has failed, apart from Origins.

@Robin:

> @Pinkeye:
>
> > Why am I a ducking idiot? Just because I'm unpatience, I'm not a "ducking Idiot". Watch your god damn language.
>
> Impatient*
>
> You're not an idiot because you're impatient, you're an idiot because you've obviously no idea how long it takes to write up a bloody engine. I think it's hilarious that you're advertising your edit of this thing when you've proven once again that the only thing you could possibly do is a couple of cheap edits.
>
> Jc has said many times that it'll be released when it's done. Simply looking at the screenshots should show you that he still needs to write up the entire graphics engine. That's a pretty big thing to do. God knows how many other small things he needs to add in.
>
> Even then, he might simply just drop the project. Every single re-write of Eclipse has failed, apart from Origins.

I know it's a long process, but I thought he was nearly done because I've talked with him. You don't know what you're talking about with "cheap edits" since I haven't released ANY edits on this site AT ALL!

@Pinkeye:

> @Robin:
>
> > @Pinkeye:
> >
> > > Why am I a ducking idiot? Just because I'm unpatience, I'm not a "ducking Idiot". Watch your god damn language.
> >
> > Impatient*
> >
> > You're not an idiot because you're impatient, you're an idiot because you've obviously no idea how long it takes to write up a bloody engine. I think it's hilarious that you're advertising your edit of this thing when you've proven once again that the only thing you could possibly do is a couple of cheap edits.
> >
> > Jc has said many times that it'll be released when it's done. Simply looking at the screenshots should show you that he still needs to write up the entire graphics engine. That's a pretty big thing to do. God knows how many other small things he needs to add in.
> >
> > Even then, he might simply just drop the project. Every single re-write of Eclipse has failed, apart from Origins.
>
> I know it's a long process, but I thought he was nearly done because I've talked with him. You don't know what you're talking about with "cheap edits" since I haven't released ANY edits on this site AT ALL!

Because you can't, you're getting people's hopes up with "Eclipse Magama" asking for features you cant even make.

@totalwar235:

> @⌐Cδlorful¬:
>
> > Wow this is amazing! Can't wait for more, oh wait, is it done already?
>
> I think it is, like it says on the first page. though there might be some errors still need fixing. either that, or he has not gotten around to compiling it yet.

He need to fix some bugs, the server can't run on WIN XP & WIN 2003\. He is fixing it, but it seems to me that he is pretty addicted to Black Ops atm.

Just wait up, if he finishes, he finishes. If not, it won't be the first time.

As for Robin, you may be correct in most - if not all - of your points; however, most people are fairly new and don't understand the concept. They are eager to help, and eager to develop the 'next new game' or help out the community. You should be helping the community flourish, not being a cynical bastard.

That is all. :)

@Vaughan:

> As for Robin, you may be correct in most - if not all - of your points; however, most people are fairly new and don't understand the concept. They are eager to help, and eager to develop the 'next new game' or help out the community. You should be helping the community flourish, not being a cynical bastard.

Oversaturating the community with the same mediocre crap is what got the old versions of Eclipse into the state they were in. If people want to help out, that's fantastic, but if they don't know what they're doing then they simply turn into a liability. I'm simply a realist. I've seen the same thing played out dozens of times over the last half-decade and it all turns out exactly the same.

As have I, over-saturation over crap is highly an issue. Though, having said that you could be working a bit harder to give more advice and links where to start. Just saying is all, I understand where you're coming from, but there are much more subtle and nicer ways to put things, and they might even grow into fine developers one day.

If people are going to be good programmers in the future, you can tell from the start. Even then, how I treat them isn't going to change a bloody thing. I've seen plenty of decent programmers come out of this forum and all of them were good from the start.

Programming isn't knowledge of syntax or libraries, it's problem solving skills and the thirst for learning.

I disagree.

I started off pretty bad myself, and I'm good at what I do now. A lot of these people are young, quite young. Providing them with such an easy engine to use does expect them to get such easy and quick results back, but we know the ease of this engine does not linearly represent how many players you'll get it and how fast you can produce a quality project.

However, I once had the same thought process as above now. I'd have to say I've turned out pretty good, and I've good grasp on everything now. I see posts I made back in 2005 and laugh.

You're right though, anyone who thinks they can memorize the calls and syntax, and be a programmer. If you're reading this, think again. That's maybe 20% of it, the other 80% is going to spent with you not writing any code but rather attempting to solve something in better and more interesting ways.

@Vaughan:

> You're right though, anyone who thinks they can memorize the calls and syntax, and be a programmer.

i know that from experience, i only know C++. i have been using it for over 2 years now and still don't remember all the syntax and calls i can use. 1/2 of my time programing i actually look up what i need in tutorials and old codes.

@totalwar235:

> @Vaughan:
>
> > You're right though, anyone who thinks they can memorize the calls and syntax, and be a programmer.
>
> I know that from experience, I only know C++. I have been using it for over 2 years now and still don't remember all the syntax and calls I can use. 1/2 of my time programing I actually look up what I need in tutorials and old codes.

same here i would call me self very good with C# my friends always call upon me to debug errors in their private servers or general codes but i cannot remember the the life in me remember any of it off the top of my head I'm always looking back on old things i have done to give my mind a quite boost on how to do things, i guess my problem solving skills are better than my actual memory though in a way, but it makes me very useful for debugging though so i have my uses i guess.

INTERJECTION!! What the hell do the trips down memory lane have to do with him making a .net port of origins? They don't. If you want to talk about what you've learned as a programmer go elsewhere. Honestly I don't think any of us should post here until Jcsnider returns with an update. That way it will either die or it will stay quiet until then.

(Forgive the backseat moderation, but this is just ridiculous)