Find results in...

Eclipse Origins.Net

jcsnider

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@jcsnider:

> Not a loop… it is asych. It isn't constantly checking for data, runs the code on data received ;)

It'll still be an issue.

When you have 75 people send something at once, and you only have one iteration running, it will process them in an order, and then they will be waiting for 2-3 second per player, and the last one is gonna complain about lag.

Thanks,
Aero/EBrown

@jcsnider:

> I see your point. It will not be a long edit. I do want to see how it holds up with ~10 people and then ~20 and see how connection holds. I will most likely make the change in the first update after the first public release.

I am just trying to inform you, that is the one consideration to take into what you thread as. I would recommend 10-15 players per thread. This will keep speed to a maximum and thread count to a minimum. It is the best balance between speed and reliability.

Thanks,
Aero/EBrown

Ok, another update.

The EO system, when you joined the game it would look for all Spells, resources, Items, Animations, etc and if it had a name it would send it to the client and move on. This caused for ALOT of packets to be sent and although it was relatively small the sizes would add up.

Now, all of that is sent in one packet AND COMPRESSED. So it goes from a 2200 bytes sent in 10-20 packets down to a single 444 byte packet, it seems to be quicker and a lot more efficient.

Disclaimer: This is not my idea. I heard it somewhere awhile back but I don't know who said it, probably Robin himself. But it is in Eo.Net :D

@jcsnider:

> Ok, another update.
>
> The EO system, when you joined the game it would look for all Spells, resources, Items, Animations, etc and if it had a name it would send it to the client and move on. This caused for ALOT of packets to be sent and although it was relatively small the sizes would add up.
>
> Now, all of that is sent in one packet AND COMPRESSED. So it goes from a 2200 bytes sent in 10-20 packets down to a single 444 byte packet, it seems to be quicker and a lot more efficient.
>
> Disclaimer: This is not my idea. I heard it somewhere awhile back but I don't know who said it, probably Robin himself. But it is in Eo.Net :D

woot

I must see it  ;D

@DshWinchester:

> @Pinkeye:
>
> > @xppxdd:
> >
> > > When is gonna be "close to finish"?
> > > :D
> > >
> > > Can I Help with somthing?? :P
> >
> > It's done when it's done.
>
> REALY?PinkEye are you Seriously??Realy?
> your posts make me fly  :renzo:

Ya, I was also pretty surprised first time.