Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

NEVER EVER use 000webhost.com

The "Help" log here I've had with their staff should explain thoroughly.

===============================================

Posted by Customer, on October 18, 2010, 18:12:13
I just tried to send an email, but it said it looks like I have an account with you - please log in and make a ticket! Which I CANT because my account is CANCELLED.

=========

Original Message:

My account was CANCELLED? WITH NO FOREWARNING? I do hope to god you people keep the files in-tact afterwards, otherwise you just destroyed ALOT of my damned work!

Now. The point. I havn't broken ANY T&C, I wasn't given ANY warning. What in the nine hells is going on?!

Posted by Staff Member, on October 18, 2010, 20:13:44
Hello,

If you see the message 'This account was canceled' on your account, it means it was terminated for violation of our Terms Of Service, located at: http://www.000webhost.com/includes/tos.php

Canceled accounts cannot be reactivated or restored, so be sure to follow our TOS before publishing your website. For security reasons we cannot provide you with exact reason why account was terminated.

If you want to ask us to provide a backup for this account (or re-activate it), please read this message again.

Regards,
Robert | www.wiredtron.com

Volunteer Staff
www.000webhost.com

Posted by Customer, on October 19, 2010, 05:47:10
I have read the Terms and Conditions - I read them, all of it, *Before* I joined. I havn't broken a single damn rule.
I went over it last night, word. for. word. and checked everything, I havn't broken *any* of your rules *at all*.

Posted by Staff Member, on October 19, 2010, 06:04:28
Hello,

If you see the message 'Canceled for Abuse' on your account, it means it was terminated for violation of our Terms Of Service, located at: http://www.000webhost.com/includes/tos.php

Canceled accounts cannot be reactivated or restored, so be sure to follow our TOS before publishing your website. For security reasons we cannot provide you with exact reason why account was terminated.

Many Thanks,
Thorsten | http://www.free-installations.info

Volunteer Staff
www.000webhost.com

Posted by Customer, on October 19, 2010, 06:19:54
No, it doesn't say Canceled for Abuse. It just says This Account has been Cancelled, when I try to log in.
Well, congratulations! I've been a very, very loyal client of 000webhost and have pointed at least 20 or more people to this service over the last two years.
On a personal note, you've just destroyed over 5000 pages of information pertaining to a video game in development. This is going to set us back by years.

I'm not one for raging, but this is a complete disaster due to a damned oversight by somebody's laziness.

Is there no way for a staff member to dip into a server back up and retreive the database files?

Posted by Staff Member, on October 19, 2010, 07:28:04
Hello,

Hello,

unfortunately it is not possible to restore the data, let alone reactivate the account. Accounts found to violate the terms of service are not subject to reactivation.

Kind Regards,

Volunteer Staff
www.000webhost.com

Thank you for using our services,

Volunteer Staff
www.000webhost.com

=========================

I know what you're thinking. "You shouldn't of been such a raging dick to them." I'm usually rather formal and forthright with any contact with businesses.
I knew I wasn't going to get my account or details back, I was just venting my rage at their dispicability.

So yeah. Basically, they closed down my account, for no reason, without getting into contact with me. Even after two years of often usage. And now i've lost a ton of my development, not to mention my fanbase of 200 or so.

Check their ToS again. Many of them have a disclaimer of some kind saying that by agreeing you accept that they can terminate you for any reason at any time for anything. It's pretty much bs, but hey you agree to it or you don't use their service.

Yeah, they do have that, forthriting any legal action… Not that I could afford any, anyway, heh. But, they *have* been the best free webhost service i've come across, except for this.

=======

Posted by Customer, on October 19, 2010, 09:22:57
I'll be hosting via my own PC in the future. It'll probably only support a handful of users, but It'll be far more effective than losing so much due to an oversight.
I'll be giving a forewarning to my developer community about not using this service.
I suggest you find out who caused this disaster, before he/she causes a repeat event, causing furthermore loss in users.

What hurts the most is that I spent two years with a great track record with 000webhost, and i've just been brushed aside.

l2backup. You should have a directory on your computer which is the exact same as your server.

Also, stop using a free host. Skank some hosting space off one of your mates. I've never paid for a domain or a host in my life, but I've never been without.

@Robin:

> l2backup. You should have a directory on your computer which is the exact same as your server.
>
> Also, stop using a free host. Skank some hosting space off one of your mates. I've never paid for a domain or a host in my life, but I've never been without.

I have to agree. It is so annoying when you come on one day and realized that there has been an error and you lost all of your work and free are often unreliable….

I intend to set my own up. I have a PC built, finally, and Unix OS ready burned on disc.

But, now that I can't even afford a Bus ticket, I think domain name will wait. I wonder if NO-IP would work, as a DDNS?

@Robin:

> l2backup. You should have a directory on your computer which is the exact same as your server.
>
> Also, stop using a free host. Skank some hosting space off one of your mates. I've never paid for a domain or a host in my life, but I've never been without.

If you've never paid for a host, but you dont use free hosts, then what does that leave left? Hosting your own i suppose, but that can often end up costing more.

Yes, cannot trust many web hosts…
thats what happened to me on my old web host which isnt that

they deleted my account all my websites are gone, all... so im pretty sad, but i did backup

and ive been like sending a lot of emails to my old host why, they never told me why, they just said i broke their tos which i didnt, and so they deleted my account with all my sites....

life sucks....can't trust web hosts

What's great is, you can export your databases - and I did. Problem being, their exporter is fucked, and the files are corrupt. They're denied if I try to upload them into a MySQL. Fuckers.