Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Black Ops

Marsh

Games started to suck hardcore when people started to make the whole giant role play world with the shiny graphics. That's why I said that, there really isn't anything good in either of those games. All CoD has been is milked for years and they just keep doing the same stuff. I never liked any of the games myself personally. My opinion doesn't matter, I was just saying who cares that they look the same? Does it matter, all these games copy each other more than you realize.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Helladen:

> Games started to suck hardcore when people started to make the whole giant role play world with the shiny graphics. That's why I said that, there really isn't anything good in either of those games. All CoD has been is milked for years and they just keep doing the same stuff. I never liked any of the games myself personally. My opinion doesn't matter, I was just saying who cares that they look the same? Does it matter, all these games copy each other more than you realize.

The game industry is there to make money. All the testosterone-pumped 14 year old American kids love to shoot people. These are the main income for the industry due to their moderate control over their parent's disposable income. If a company is going to make more money doing a new version of Generic WWII shooter #1531 than an original game, they're going to go for the new version of Generic WWII shooter #1531.

It's the consumer that's damaging the games industry, not the developers.

@Helladen:

> Games started to suck hardcore when people started to make the whole giant role play world with the shiny graphics. That's why I said that, there really isn't anything good in either of those games. All CoD has been is milked for years and they just keep doing the same stuff. I never liked any of the games myself personally. My opinion doesn't matter, I was just saying who cares that they look the same? Does it matter, all these games copy each other more than you realize.

Let me try to undestand what you are saying here. You are saying that since games started to make open world RPGs, it got bad? There are very few open world games on the market, and most of those are very high quality ones in both gameplay, and graphics – though, going by your logic, graphics dont make a game better to play. I personally think they do make it better to play, as it allows greater immersion which is a great factor in creating good games..

Call of Duty does not copy off of Fallout as Call of Duty has little to none RPG elements, and open world enviroments -- also, Call of Duty does not have the story quality of Fallout.
Dragon Age does not copy off of Oblivion as they are both completly different RPGs, that play differently -- though story quality are both excellent.

Going by your logic, all games should create a different genre. Sure, a lot of FPS' copy off each other, but that is because innovation in FPS' is almost dead -- exceptions of these include games such as Half Life and S.T.A.L.K.E.R..

Robin is correct on the fact that game production is a bussiness, and they will just  go with what ever the sheep (consumers) are following this moment. Though, most of these are just FPS'.

• 2 weeks later...
Whoa, cool! I just figured out that on the main screen you can break out of the chair, and hack a computer in the room.

I'm sure this is online, but it was a thrill to figure it out by accident XD

going to tinker with the comp and see what I can do with it before I break down and look it up online

@Funky:

> See how much I pay attention?
> Nonetheless, I'd smash anyone on here.

How could you possibly know that without even playing us? Mellowz was the best warrock player in the entire world. I wouldnt assume things you couldnt possibly know.

@Zоmbie:

> @Funky:
>
> > maybe not, but my stats show better then all of yours.
> >
> > Ignorant? Not I.
>
> Sex is for people who can't afford xbox live.
> ;D

I can afford it, but dont own it. That means sex is something I can still use, or do I have to give it up?

@«:

> [»Wolf «][» link=topic=65876.msg723104#msg723104 date=1292895603]
> @Zоmbie:
>
> > @Funky:
> >
> > > maybe not, but my stats show better then all of yours.
> > >
> > > Ignorant? Not I.
> >
> > Sex is for people who can't afford xbox live.
> > ;D
>
> I can afford it, but dont own it. That means sex is something I can still use, or do I have to give it up?

That means you can still have sex.