Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Top ten scariest/most disturbing boss battles

Pryex

Ok guys, I want you to suggest the scariest or most distubing boss battles from games you've played. I'll complie a poll from the most popular, and to make sure we get enoguh to single out the top ten, You can have 3 votes each.

I'll start:

1-Giygas - Earthbound(That thing si just creepy)
2-Nightmare - Metroid Fusion(I played this when I was like 9, its face creeped me the fuck out)
3-Psycho Mantis(Again, he's just weird and creepy, nowhere enar as bad as Giygas though)

Not so much boss battles, more just creepy games / parts of games.

Ravenholme in Halflife 2 creeped the crap out of me, especially the black headcrabs. Guh.
Also, all of F.E.A.R. though the fact that I was playing that on a big screen with surround sound in the darkness probably helped.

I'm not going to lie, there aren't too many games that can scare me, but my freshman year, I played Half life 2, and that whole game tripped my balls. Silent hill homecoming also scared me shitless. Just because 99% of the time of playing that game, I was so high that I wouldn't want to play it, but I'd force myself ;D.

@Pryex:

> I'd like to point out, I'm not going to accept posts nominating entire games.

I'm sure I can speak for William – yes, I can -- and say the "scariest" part of it was Ravenholm. When it is your first playthrough, it can be a little creepy when you dont know how to fully use the gravity gun to its strengths (saw blades anyone?).

Boss battles arnt scary. Boss battles do not have the atmosphere to be scary.

I mean, think about it. If you have ever played Amnesia: Dark Decent, you will understand the final boss battle isnt scary in the slightest. Although, the rest of the game is something to cry over.

Well, I guess a boss battle could br named from some Silent Hill game that was scary. Pyramid head maybe.

• 2 weeks later...