Draken

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ÅÐмiядζ:

> @Katsumi:
>
> > lol. the bible says nothing about weed so I guess that ones ok…
>
> _And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat._
> ~Gen 1:29

I was making a joke. I've read the bible through and through.. even went to bible collegel. I just don't believe most of it.

@King-Kold:

> I was raised Norse Pagan.
>
> If you DO get your nipple pierced, get the other one pierced and link them with a chain!

The term pagan is a Christian version of the "gentile" of Judaism, basically taken to mean outside of the mystical religion that shows "the way". I think it's prejudice. But anyway, Norse sound very interesting :-)

back on topic… to prevent infection get some good ole hydrogen peroxide to put on it when it starts to look nasty :) ...

@Admiral Sorry, this may be a bit off topic, but I just had to ask this. After reading that you were a born again Christian, I instantly wondered about the stuff in your sig. How does psionics fit into Christianity? Does it at all? I ask this because, well, my family is Christian, and I'm starting to question the literality of it (my family takes it literally) and actually, your sig got me interested in psionics. I looked around the Internet and am quite interested. Anyways, can't wait to see what you have to say.

-JS1

@JS1:

> @Admiral Sorry, this may be a bit off topic, but I just had to ask this. After reading that you were a born again Christian, I instantly wondered about the stuff in your sig. How does psionics fit into Christianity? Does it at all? I ask this because, well, my family is Christian, and I'm starting to question the literality of it (my family takes it literally) and actually, your sig got me interested in psionics. I looked around the Internet and am quite interested. Anyways, can't wait to see what you have to say.
>
> -JS1

I asked my pastor one time about psioncis; we went over Psi, TK, and a ton of other stuff; it was concluded that if it could be used to honor God, than it it's fine.  Really though, Psioncis fits into Christianity as much as riding a bike does; that is, using your mind to move a glass of water or using your hand to move a glass of water – if that makes sense.

When I see Christianity, I don't see it as a religion, but a personal relationship with God; moreso, its acting "Christ-like"; I give my take on the subject in this post: http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,62432.msg661765.html#msg661765

Jesus was asked what was truly important, what the most important laws where, he said two: "Love the Lord with all your heart, and love your neighbor as yourself".  In other words, love God, and love your fellow human beings.  People seem shocked when they hear that Jesus spent his time not with the religious leaders (which he usually mocked and insulted), but his best friends where thieves, sluts, and liars.

As for when the Bible comes into play, well, I like to think people on these forums see me as a rational, scientific person.  You'll also notice me in the Debate board defending the Big Bang (and to an extent, evolution), and commenting on various religious topics.  But I also beleive in the Bible gives a pretty historic relevance of at least the Jewish history; there's also evidence that Jesus, at the very least, did exist at one point in time.

I also believe that we're under a new promise, that is, we're not under the "Old Testament" law that was laid out for the Jews.  The Catholics say Jesus forgave us of all our sins, then why go to confession?
Wouldn't that mean we're forgiven for the sins we have done, and will do?  It means if you accept Jesus as your savior, that's it, you're going to Heaven -- you can't lose your salvation for getting a tattoo, or being gay, etc.  But now I'm ranting.

I have to head out (starting class in a moment), but you can PM me for more information, I'll be glad to answer any more questions.

@Ontopic: Show pics after ya get it done!

@ÅÐмIядζ:

> @JS1:
>
> > @Admiral Sorry, this may be a bit off topic, but I just had to ask this. After reading that you were a born again Christian, I instantly wondered about the stuff in your sig. How does psionics fit into Christianity? Does it at all? I ask this because, well, my family is Christian, and I'm starting to question the literality of it (my family takes it literally) and actually, your sig got me interested in psionics. I looked around the Internet and am quite interested. Anyways, can't wait to see what you have to say.
> >
> > -JS1
>
> I asked my pastor one time about psioncis; we went over Psi, TK, and a ton of other stuff; it was concluded that if it could be used to honor God, than it it's fine.  Really though, Psioncis fits into Christianity as much as riding a bike does; that is, using your mind to move a glass of water or using your hand to move a glass of water – if that makes sense.
>
> When I see Christianity, I don't see it as a religion, but a personal relationship with God; moreso, its acting "Christ-like"; I give my take on the subject in this post: http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,62432.msg661765.html#msg661765
>
> Jesus was asked what was truly important, what the most important laws where, he said two: "Love the Lord with all your heart, and love your neighbor as yourself".  In other words, love God, and love your fellow human beings.  People seem shocked when they hear that Jesus spent his time not with the religious leaders (which he usually mocked and insulted), but his best friends where thieves, sluts, and liars.
>
> As for when the Bible comes into play, well, I like to think people on these forums see me as a rational, scientific person.  You'll also notice me in the Debate board defending the Big Bang (and to an extent, evolution), and commenting on various religious topics.  But I also beleive in the Bible gives a pretty historic relevance of at least the Jewish history; there's also evidence that Jesus, at the very least, did exist at one point in time.
>
> I also believe that we're under a new promise, that is, we're not under the "Old Testament" law that was laid out for the Jews.  The Catholics say Jesus forgave us of all our sins, then why go to confession?
> Wouldn't that mean we're forgiven for the sins we have done, and will do?  It means if you accept Jesus as your savior, that's it, you're going to Heaven -- you can't lose your salvation for getting a tattoo, or being gay, etc.  But now I'm ranting.
>
> I have to head out (starting class in a moment), but you can PM me for more information, I'll be glad to answer any more questions.
>
> @Ontopic: Show pics after ya get it done!

So what if people dont accept jesus as saviour? This all sounds well and good, but the idea that we even need a saviour is based on the preconcieved notion that hell exists (and "heaven"), eventhough theres no evidence that they, in fact, do. Im obviously not sure if you believe people anyone will go to a fiery hell or not. But if there is no hell, what would we need a saviour for? Without hell the salvation of the bible means nothing really. Anyway, my opinion is that if the bible was really about love then it wouldnt contain a god who, in the old testament, commanded his "children", the israelites to slaughter innocent people, including children, in his name. This brings to light, for me anyway, the justification for the crusades.

Secondly, I dont think a loving god would create a fiery eternal hell to send good people who dont accept jesus' salvation. The salvation youre refering sounds a bit watered down from the bible version which speaks of hell plainly, and as to who goes there. Im not saying you're wrong in believing good idealogies taken from the bible stories, like jesus' teaching on loving others etc.. but the  new testament is quite clear that if you dont believe jesus is resurrected saviour you'll go to eternal torment, regardless of your good deeds. And to me that is more of a non-loving god. If this supposed god indeed created this hell then hes ultimately responsible for who goes there since his will is destiny according to scriptures, even if it wasnt originally intended for humans. And if he is responsible, then he delights in making people suffer… for eternity at that. To illustrate: take for example, if someone held a gun to your head and said, "believe that I was raised from the dead or ill burn you alive". would you consider this person "all-loving" knowing full well that you had know way of knowing if he was raised from the dead or not? You might just say you believe to save your life right? And that's not even burning people for eternity.. just sayin. I believe in the power of love to ease suffering in the world, and the idea that we should "do unto others as youd have them do unto you". But I consider unconditional love as a complete contradiction to the god of the bible, and the supposed morality contained in it to be less than what I even have for my own life. I mean no offense to you personally.

On topic : That being said... forget what the bible says about nipple piercings... because that command was a jewish law. We generally dont follow jewish laws, unless were jewish, or convert to judaism. :-)

Blame triple-smiley, he steered it into religious grounds.

Fun fact: the fires of hell were originally referred to as a purifying fire, almost like a smelting furnace. The idea was that it burned away impurities, and once your soul was pure you ascended to heaven. It was only fear-monger priests who started the whole "ETERNAL damnation" kick.

I have my own theories that involve reincarnation and some other stuff, and it's the most logical way of things to my worldview.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

oh well ill still post this lol

–-------------------

hey im fine with this topic going that way. If yall want to know something crazy about what I think?

Oh you dont?

Well F you im going to say it anyways LOL.

Okay my look on the Christan faith.

For one hell is earth. Is it hell yet NO its not, It wont become "Hell" until Jesus comes back and removes the believers. Once that happens another alien race will take over "considered demons" and people that dont leave will say on earth to be reborn over and over again as slaves/food or something else.

now how was this earth created? who created life on this planet?

Simple Aliens.

Look at the moon, scientist cant figure out why its there. Its not made from the same thing earth is made of and there is no reason it should be around the earth. And is actually slowly drifting away from the earth.
The moon is the main thing that allows our planet to support life. It controls the climate. Since this thing is slowly drifting away it seems as if someone drug the moon to the location it is now and stuck it into orbit around the earth.

Now lets look at the creation of Man (adam and eve)

It says adam was first and they removed a "RIB" to make eve.

Knowing anything about genetics whats the diffrences between male and females? simple 1 rib in our genetics. Women are missing the Y chroma zone.

look at what they say Jesus will return in. "a giant flying triangle with streets made of "gold". Remember back in the day they didnt know what Lights where, so if you would step on to a ufo thats floor is light up with a yellow light it would appear to be gold.

theres way to many things in all religions and history saying that we are ascended from aliens.

to early to keep writing stuff up but yea :P

@Draken:

> Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
>
> oh well ill still post this lol
>
> –-------------------
>
> hey im fine with this topic going that way. If yall want to know something crazy about what I think?
>
> Oh you dont?
>
> Well F you im going to say it anyways LOL.
>
> Okay my look on the Christan faith.
>
> For one hell is earth. Is it hell yet NO its not, It wont become "Hell" until Jesus comes back and removes the believers. Once that happens another alien race will take over "considered demons" and people that dont leave will say on earth to be reborn over and over again as slaves/food or something else.
>
> now how was this earth created? who created life on this planet?
>
> Simple Aliens.
>
> Look at the moon, scientist cant figure out why its there. Its not made from the same thing earth is made of and there is no reason it should be around the earth. And is actually slowly drifting away from the earth.
> The moon is the main thing that allows our planet to support life. It controls the climate. Since this thing is slowly drifting away it seems as if someone drug the moon to the location it is now and stuck it into orbit around the earth.
>
> Now lets look at the creation of Man (adam and eve)
>
> It says adam was first and they removed a "RIB" to make eve.
>
> Knowing anything about genetics whats the diffrences between male and females? simple 1 rib in our genetics. Women are missing the Y chroma zone.
>
> look at what they say Jesus will return in. "a giant flying triangle with streets made of "gold". Remember back in the day they didnt know what Lights where, so if you would step on to a ufo thats floor is light up with a yellow light it would appear to be gold.
>
> theres way to many things in all religions and history saying that we are ascended from aliens.
>
> to early to keep writing stuff up but yea :P

one of the earliest recordings of religion from the sumerians depicts aliens having come down from the heavens as the "gods"… I think its believable but not proveable ... but I wonder if it was true... if some people would automatically assume we have to obey these "gods" because they are more advanced, or somehow genetically engineered the human race? if alien gods DID show up on earth and were ill-natured id gladly reject their authority, however if they seemed peaceful and logical then id gladly agree with them and work with them to better our existence. but this idea that we should believe in a miraculous event (resurrection) without any proof whatsoever, is just blind faith. I dont see the connection to aliens personally. unless jesus was an alien and his friends, whether evil or good, are gonna destroy anyone who doesnt serve him and follow his (their) rules. hehe. well, I suppose we could  make up all kinds of theories and stories, but theyre still just that.. stories. it makes for fun conversation though  XD

yes jesus was an alien/human imo. they abducted mary impregnated her(since she was a virgin). and the bright star that appeared that night was nothing more then a space ship leading the wise men to the location.

on resurrection. um is very possible depending on the advances of technology.

If aliens can use worm holes, they could have easily warped into the tomb got his body and healed him.

eclipse thought process

–--~~~~-----\ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
                      \  -----------------~~~\_________|
                                                                        |
                                                                        |
                                                                        |
                                                                        |___~~%%*#**%