Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Maple Story (Big Bang)

mrmiguu

Is anyone going to start playing Maple Story (or start playing again) tomorrow, once the Big Bang patch is released? I most definitely am. If you don't know what it is, let Nexon inform you:

> v.93, Big Bang Update Notes
>
> Big Bang Changes
>
> -          Leveling
> o    As mentioned in a previous post, the experience curve for leveling is much less steep after Big Bang than it was previously.  This means from Lv.10 on, the amount of experience points needed to progress from one level to the next is lower, making leveling up faster throughout levels 10 - 200.
> -          Fighting
> o    Extensive changes have been made to the fighting system.  The formulas for damage, defense, accuracy, and avoidability have all been extensively overhauled.  Important to note for new and old players alike is that accuracy is decreased by a set amount for every level lower than a monster you are, to prevent players from attempting to hunt monsters that would be too difficult for them.
> -          Maps
> o    Several changes have been made to maps throughout Maple World, with the most extensive change being a completely rearranged Victoria Island. 
> o    Towns have new layouts, and many monster maps have been removed or replaced.
> o    Foot travel to the Victoria Island towns has been expedited with the addition of Six Path Crossway to the center of the island as a hub. 
> §  The entrance to Sleepywood and the airships to Orbis and Ereve have been moved to Six Path Crossway as well.
> o    Some modifications have been made to Orbis to make the town easier to navigate.
> -          Item Drops
> o    The drop rates of many Use and some Etc. items have been increased, with the drop rate of most HP and MP recovery items having been increased considerably.
> -          Party Quests
> o    The starting levels for some party quests have been changed, and the upper level restriction for most party quests has been removed. 
> o    Many party quests that weren’t previously in the Party Search menu have been added to it.
> o    Modifications have been made to some of the party quests, such as First Time Together.
> o    Astaroth has been added as an option to the Dimensional Mirror for characters of the appropriate levels. 
> -          Quests
> o    Most NPCs in Maple World received a lesson in grammar, so their dialog should be grammatically correct.
> o    Most quests in the game have been retooled. Quest requirements have been adjusted in response to the changes in maps and in monster levels.
> o    Quests that are now for a different level than before have had their rewards adjusted accordingly. 
> o    The hunting and/or collecting requirements for the completion of many quests have been lowered to expedite their completion. 
> o    The experience rewarded for many quests that are still for the same level has been increased.
> -          Monsters
> o    Most monsters throughout Maple World have had adjustments made to their levels, to varying degrees. 
> o    The stats of monsters—as well as the experience they give, the amount of mesos they drop, and the level of the equipment they drop—have been adjusted accordingly. 
> o    The levels of monsters have been specifically adjusted and consolidated to one area in order to prevent an excessive need for travel throughout Maple World for quests of certain level. 
> o    Some monster maps are now restricted by level to help prevent players from wandering into areas that are beyond their level range.
> -          Skills
> o    Skills for all jobs have been streamlined and consolidated into the most useful ones.
> o    If you had Skill Points assigned to a skill that has been removed, those points will be returned to your SP pool. 
> o    A warning message will appear when you assign all SP normally obtainable to a lower job, to prevent you from accidentally assigning too many SP to an earlier job.

If you're saying "tl;dr" then here's a summary for you:
Faster leveling. Balanced classes. New classes. New map setup. More organized overall. Refined. Polished.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@LegendWeaver:

> Meh, I left and returned to Maple Story so many times, what server you going to be playing on?

Probably Yelonde. Lowest population.

@☻Valon☻:

> My mom plays this game.. she has this thing where she'd get really paranoid and keeps picking out things in her life and get angry over it so I made her play Maplestory and now she's obsessed with it… lol...

That's weird in its own special way. Are you going to play?

If you're gonna play GMS on Wednesday when BB patch comes, play in Galicia. I gots a cash flow there, and gonna make a professional guild :P (I know GPQ inside and out)

I quit my 108 DB there, made a NW which is currently 58 (going to be 120 by Sunday) and hits nearly 4k per star, non dexless :S (Will be higher after the patch)

@ViViD_DB3:

> If you're gonna play GMS on Wednesday when BB patch comes, play in Galicia. I gots a cash flow there, and gonna make a professional guild :P (I know GPQ inside and out)
>
> I quit my 108 DB there, made a NW which is currently 58 (going to be 120 by Sunday) and hits nearly 4k per star, non dexless :S (Will be higher after the patch)

Ooooh! Look at me. I'm all pro n' stuff.

Tch. Some of us aren't funded :P

@MrMiguu:

> @ViViD_DB3:
>
> > If you're gonna play GMS on Wednesday when BB patch comes, play in Galicia. I gots a cash flow there, and gonna make a professional guild :P (I know GPQ inside and out)
> >
> > I quit my 108 DB there, made a NW which is currently 58 (going to be 120 by Sunday) and hits nearly 4k per star, non dexless :S (Will be higher after the patch)
>
> Ooooh! Look at me. I'm all pro n' stuff.
>
> Tch. Some of us aren't funded :P

funding is for queers.

lol haven't played in a few years. Also forgot pw/pin

@Batman:
Fortunately people don't. The servers have had pretty much constant populations for, like, ever. Yelonde is always empty. For some reason the economy there bombed and nobody has a main worth playing for. Those are my assumptions.

@Kusy:
Not nerf. More like **STEROIDS**.

@MrMiguu:

> @☻Valon☻:
>
> > My mom plays this game.. she has this thing where she'd get really paranoid and keeps picking out things in her life and get angry over it so I made her play Maplestory and now she's obsessed with it… lol...
>
> That's weird in its own special way. Are you going to play?

Oh yes! :D Definetly! One thing I'm sure of is MECHANIC FTW~~ haha!
Yeah, what's even wierder, is she tries to convince my friends to play Maple as well.. xD

EDIT:
***Update4***
Maplers, we're sorry to inform you that the update is being extended by another hour and is now scheduled to end at 3 PM Pacific. We sincerely apologize for this delay.

***Update3***
Maplers, the update is being extended by two more hours and is now scheduled to end at 2 PM Pacific. We are very sorry for the inconvenience.

***Update2***
We're very sorry, Maplers, the update is being extended by an hour and is now scheduled to end 12 PM Pacific. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience. 

***Update***
Sorry, Maplers, we're experiencing longer than scheduled time to ready the cleanest Big Bang update for you. We are now scheduled to begin the update on Tuesday, 12 AM Pacific (3 AM Eastern). We apologize for the inconvenience this delay may cause.

Dear Players,

The big moment has a arrived, the much anticipated Big Bang update will go live tomorrow, December 7th! In preparation for this we will have a maintenace to deploy the game update starting on Tuesday, December 7th at 12 AM Pacific (3 AM Eastern). The maintenance will last 11 hours. During this time all game servers will be unavailable.

F
M
L

xD

I managed to get in. I like alot of the changes. I highly recommend you give it a shot. Don't go in expecting nostalgia. Nostalgia doesn't always last. It's got a sold base for you to play on now. The game's system overall is practical. You don't need to buy pots anymore (they drop from monsters you train on). Monsters have been balanced (a Lv.26 golem is what you should train on at 26).

@Lollicat:

> I will definitely go in and try out the new Maple! I love MapleStory no matter what xD
>
> But I'm also going to wait a few days. Don't wanna get hyped up about lag and retards.

Retards, yes. People came back and didn't remember how to PQ. Lol.
Lag. Not really. Depends on what server. So far I only got one lag spike (which was a second long).

@/<[Minilinkki:

> >\ link=topic=66687.msg719413#msg719413 date=1291800749]
> Question:
> Is this just for American MS or is this for EU MS too?

Just American for now (if I'm not mistaken). EU MS came out later so they might get this patch in the spring. Not sure entirely. Check their site.

BTW. I decided to work on my lv72 Hermit (HermitAlex, scania) since his dmg is decent and I got 10m on him. He has an 8atk wg so it works fairly well :D