Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Forum Name Colors

SawQuart

Soul gave me the right to make a petition on this topic of name colors since the admins disagree with the general public.

Here is what I am petitioning and my platform:
**The name colors have been a huge part of Eclipse history. It shows who's important, and helps us distinguish between people. It also helps us find people in the jumbled green mess we have right now. I am against a bagillion colors, but I am for colors relating to post count. These post count colors (previously titled Teh Uberleet, Demi God, Advanced Member, etc) encourage people to post to get the next color, which should be better than the previous one. Colors are a huge part of Eclipse, and I can't stand to see this green as the main color for everyone except Vets, Donators, Admins, and "Team Robin" (which is sort of a slap in the face to all of us).**

I don't expect admins to listen, and I don't expect Robin to agree with me, but we can at least make the majority of Eclipse users be heard. We will not stand for a unicolored forum.

If you would like to join the petition, post below with the following message:

**"I agree that Eclipse should have post-count oriented name colors. This helps enrich our community and makes us all unique. Admins, please consider us!**"

Thanks to everyone, and every admin, who even considers this. It is a step to making Eclipse the best potential forum it can be.

@Jungletoe:

> It's even more amazing that you want the bland name colors. Just because you're one of the ones with a different color doesn't mean you should tell us all to stop complaining about them.

Fine, stop comaplaining about it. I don't have a custom colour, yet I am telling you to shut up about it. I am on equal grounds as you, so I am going to tell you to stop complaining about them.

They're just colours. They're not air that you breath. Things wrong change. Just get over it. You cannot overthrow leaders of a webforum.

When did I say any of that? I am stating reasons why I like colors in our names and you get pissy about it. Soul gave me permission to make this topic, and people agree.

Why is it that I can't state my opinion anymore? I want to have a valid argument and I'm getting people responding telling me to "shut up" and mocking me. It's even coming from an admin (one who tells us to be more "mature" and "professional").

I liked the old forums, but I can handle some change. All I want is this part fixed. No need for heated posts, Wolf.

Honestly though, I don't want it to get heated. It's just a petition for colors for crying out loud.

@Jungletoe:

> When did I say any of that? I am stating reasons why I like colors in our names and you get pissy about it. Soul gave me permission to make this topic, and people agree.
>
> Why is it that I can't state my opinion anymore? I want to have a valid argument and I'm getting people responding telling me to "shut up" and mocking me. It's even coming from an admin (one who tells us to be more "mature" and "professional").
>
> I liked the old forums, but I can handle some change. All I want is this part fixed. No need for heated posts, Wolf.
>
> Honestly though, I don't want it to get heated. It's just a petition for colors for crying out loud.

I gave you permission to make a topic about it, not to caused everyone to get riled up about it. You're what's called a rabble rouser, and I advise you to stop.

And of course, my post was to attempt to show you we're still the same people, but since you want to take it as hypocrisy, I don't really care to cater for you anymore.

There will be groups with colors. But they will be post count based. Everything is still in development. The site just changed and some of us have jobs and other things busying up our lives. I know your concerned but just have a lil but of patience for now. We may have contest colors and we may not. It was fun but it did get a bit out of hand.

There will still be color coded names, but everyone may not have a custom one.

@«:

> [»Wolf «][» link=topic=67568.msg729022#msg729022 date=1294009625]
> Actually, it kind of is. He got banned for constantly complaining about it with a bad attitude.

No, I got banned from the chatbox for 6 hours for a completely different reason. Mind your own ducking business.

@SoiWilliamSoi:

> Who cares. He needed to quit bitching so much about nothing.

Why are you guys saying that I'm getting mad and screaming about it? I'm suggesting something, not starting a revolution.

Anyways, it was apparently in Robin's interests to do this anyways, so /thread

@Jungletoe:

> No, I got banned from the chatbox for 6 hours for a completely different reason. Mind your own ducking business.

I was there, you were constantly bitching about the Vets usergroup and usergroup colours. So it was that, or you went and did something off Eclipse to Soul.

@Jungletoe:

> Anyways, it was apparently in Robin's interests to do this anyways, so /thread

Grow the fuck up, Brad. I installed the new site and went to sleep. Apparently in the last 12 hours you've managed to turn a fresh forum install into the bloody Holocaust.

Go get high or something instead of just assuming my intentions.