Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Origins Mod - XpandZone

mitlark

@mitlark:

> Now, thanks to Richy, in the next version, will be a cool thing regarding quests :D. He has all the rights regarding it, so if he wants, he will do a tutorial for it (it is nothing related to me).

Thanks, but it was with your advice that made me to check it out further. I still give the credit to you because it's you that will be releasing the mods and as you PM'd me, you've already had to edit and fix it.. I gave it to you because you're the only one releasing EO mods with more offered at the moment :P.

Though I'll probably release a mod when Robin releases a milestone EO.. I'm sure people are waiting for it before they start mass producing their games.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, thanks to everyone for their comments, they're really appreciated :).
–~~--
~~This is… 0.4 time! or something like that... anyway, here is the download. Topic will be shortly updated.~~

Sorry, there was a bugfix ¬¬. Now this is fourth release, 0.4.1.
http://www.mediafire.com/?lids5i8ootuduyw

CHANGES:
-Kill NPC and item retrieve quest support.. Along with Item/Tile coding support (Richy)
-Yes/No/Close option support for speech box (Richy)
-Transparent (alphablended) chatbox.
-Activate/deactivate chatbox blending (game options).
Fixes:
-Party system now functional.
-Some position fixes to some pictureboxes.
-Editor numerical restrictions.
-Gold/experience limit.
-(0.4.1) Closing NPC Speechbox when logout.

If you're going to use this mod, remember to do a great pedestal to Richy (jk)!

Best regards,
L'ark Mitsinikos

Quickfix for the speechbox to freeze the players movement while the speechbox is open;

Client Side (modInput) HandleKeyPresses

Above the arrowkey codes;

```
    If GetKeyState(vbKeyUp) < 0 Or GetKeyState(vbKeyRight) < 0 Or GetKeyState(vbKeyLeft) < 0 Or GetKeyState(vbKeyDown) < 0 Then
        If frmMain.picSpeech.Visible = True Then
    Exit Sub
    End If
    End If
```

@Neno:

> The blending was laggy and the npc health bar doesn't go down. Needs more work but amazing job.

The lag is just a small issue and the HP bar actually does go down, the angel just has too much health to affect it.

But there are two bugs I have found:
-The chat box goes over the shop GUI
-You can't accept or decline trade requests, buttons don't work

Other than that, great mod :cheesy:

The reply seems to have grown up =P… inside the spoiler I gave some answers, maybe it would give some idea about what this mod wants to be... and other stuff.

>! @Ambard:
>! > Are there any plans to incorporate the resources to work as a proper skill system?
>! I haven't thought of that, but I'll leave it as maybe. The purpose of this mod is not much of incorporating loads of new features (well, the resource being skill is a mod), the features that are being added by now are just some essentials like quests and stuff, that are very common and almost always planted as necessary for every (MM or M, depending on your spectations) ORPG. Things like pets, houses and that stuff are just complicated to do, and not inside that general need.
>! @Sr_Sirius:
>! > You will adapt to v2.0?
>! I'm in that ;).
>! @Neno:
>! > The blending was laggy and the npc health bar doesn't go down. Needs more work but amazing job.
>! That NPC has lots of HP, I have discharged all my MP and it didn't moved at all. I did it like that just playing with it, and testing some limiters I did here and there. So, I think that if nearly-billion HP isn't sufficient for a raid/normal boss, nothing will be.
I gave the experience, gold and HP a limiter, it is set to billion. And I is there because Longs are limited to 2147483647 (31 bits for number, and 1 bit for +/- sign). I though that the billion was a good number to be limiter.
(Also, there's is a bug that appears sometimes when you get a VERY high number of experience points, but it has to be near the billion too).
>! I'm gonna answer about the blending in the next quote…
>! @Duders:
>! > The lag is just a small issue and the HP bar actually does go down, the angel just has too much health to affect it.
>
> But there are two bugs I have found:
> -The chat box goes over the shop GUI
> -You can't accept or decline trade requests, buttons don't work
>
> Other than that, great mod :cheesy:
>! Well, since I knew that it could be laggy, and even if it doesn't lags, it just gets flashy, I added the activate/deactivate blending. It's supposed to stop the blending drawing, so if it doesn't helps with the lag, feedback would be appreciated.
As for the shopVSchat, that's a known issue, I'll try to fix it the easy way (which is deactivate blending when shop is there).
And thanks for the trade not working report, I'll fix it immediately.

Thanks to everyone for commenting, and feedback,
L'ark Mitsinikos

• 1 month later...