Find results in...

Eclipse Origins Mod - XpandZone

mitlark

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Tousen:

> Add animation to the map editor, most games need it.

There's this word that people use that would make people think you're polite. Mitlark hasn't been on in ages either, doubt he's still working on this.

I wasn't asking, I was giving advice which is why I stated most people need it and I don't have an obligation to be "polight" no one else on this forum is, although I am polight. Anyway it was an advice tip not a command.

It -was- a command, the way you said it. Again, politeness, use "You may", etc. You aren't polite, because of that, you're just arrogant.

Muy lindo source ^^….  Ahora va mi pregunta que me encantaría que la respondan ... Soy nuevo y necesito entender una cosa de la que hiciste en este source, se trata de agrandar la pantalla .... Yo agrando la pantalla desde el PicScreen, le aumento el ancho y el alto siempre que sea múltiplo de 32 para poder dividirlo y restarle 1 para ponerlo en Max_Mapx y en Max_Mapy ... Pero una ves que agrando el PicScreen (ancho y el alto) y coloco su respectivo numero en Max_Mapx y en Max_Mapy compilo el proyecto y entro al juego (por supuesto con los mapas borrados) me puedo mover en el mismo tamaño anterior y todo lo demás agrandado no puedo .... Porfabor si me falto algún  paso para agrandar la pantalla me dicen ? :'(

• 4 weeks later...
My Bug list

* The chatbox flickers
* The tab with the envelope won't open

Suggestions

* Animation layer for the map maker
* Add Guild System
* Full screen for main GUI
* Add pet sytem
* Maybe skills(I can do this myself if you don't want to add it into the main engine)

But all in all nice work I am going to start using this myself.

*EDIT:Added suggestion list

• 3 weeks later...
Aherm..
There is no scripting in Eclipse Origins, look for a tutorial on the source boards and add in a quest system that's hard coded into the engine. If you can script in older versions of Eclipse you can Program in VB, SadScript =/= VB6

There, try to skip over that.

• 1 month later...
Sorry for not posting, I was… away :P. Anyway, I THINK I have new release. I changed a little more the GUI (it was intended to be for my own game but anyway, I would not have the time for it D:U).
Major changes are compatibility issues, so any bug/error/whatever, just say it and I will try to fix it.
--
As for the quest system, It doesn't uses scripting stuff... it's what's called "hardcoded". You open the server in our nice and reliable VB6 and voilà (modQuest). I prefer it like that by many reasons: much more powerful, faster, and was easier to make (well, at least I think so, the entire system was made by Richy, credits to him).
And, just MHO, but besides the fact that you need to recompile at every change, it's the same thing!

--
And here's the "new" client, now with my own "example" GUI. Also, I forgot that I added a customizing feature, the hair. Now when the player creates a character, he can select a hair graphic.

More info about the hair stuff in the spoiler.

>! The hair works like equipment (not visible from the stats panel).
Now the class info on the class.ini looks like this…
>! > (…)More stuff(...)
>
> [CLASS1]
> Name=Angeloi
> MaleSprite=1,3,5
> FemaleSprite=2,4,6
> ;Numbers for hair sprites are item IDs, they aren't graphic numbers.
> MaleHairSprite=254,255
> FemaleHairSprite=254,255
> Strength=5
> Endurance=5
> Intelligence=5
> Agility=5
> Willpower=5
>
> (…)More stuff(...)
>! So, to make new hair, you need two things:
1.Make the paperdoll item (there's a new category named Hair)
2.Put the ID onto the MaleHairSprite/FemaleHairSprite, that if you want to make it an obtainable hair (see below).
>! BUT remember that hair is still another equipment! So, if you make monsters to drop hair, you can equip it. I made it as a cheapy attempt to make something similar to "premium stuff" (in this case, I would name it "you are friend of staff" stuff x'D).
And that's all.

CHANGES:
EO XtendZone Mod 0.5.c <- EO XtendZone Mod 0.4.1
=======================================================================

-Little GUI graphical changes.
-Added some useless stuff at login scene (browser, "formatted" news).
-Added the hair stuff –they work like a new paperdolled equipment slot.
"Warnings" about GUI changes:
-You would not like the browser at the login scene (or any other of the login addons). The quick fix is to hide the browser button (moving it out of the window, making it unreachable).
Fixes:
-Full compatibility with EO 2.0 (needs testing tough).

DOWNLOAD
[Eclipse Origins - XpandZone/XtendZone Mod 0.5.b](http://www.mediafire.com/?9b5p9xsiheshv31)

Hope that you don't dislike it,
L'ark Mitsinikos

Edit: Sorry, I made some last-hour fixes here and there. Also I give thanks to games4life, he made a question that drove me to discover a bug I never would have saw lol ahahaha.
And still… chat blending is blinky ¬¬.
Edit2: Again, more small bugfixes that bugged me. The hotbar fix, thanks to Robin (who solved it like... 2 days after I dissapeared for a while D:!), and a little temporal fix for something regarding the stats panel.

Hey again sorry to bug you but i ran into another bug. Maybe it's because i edited it again but figured i'd let you know. I tried the new version and it was great til i moved the gui stuff out of the screen like i did before, But this time i get RTE9 after i log in.

[![](http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/1076/78667738.jpg)](http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/534/78667738.jpg/)

Uploaded with [ImageShack.us](http://imageshack.us)

[![](http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/6481/78921716.jpg)](http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/78921716.jpg/)
Did i mess something up by moving it out of the map?

Uploaded with [ImageShack.us](http://imageshack.us)

If it was only moving the hotbar and "status bars", it would not be a problem –neither doing the window larger--,just assure to search the picHotbar_MouseMove function in frmMain, and change this
```
y = y + Picture6.top + 1
```to this one
```
y = y + Picture6.top - 1 - picItemDesc.height
```and the second one into this
```
y = y + Picture6.top - 1 - picSpellDesc.height
```I'm pretty sure you know what I'm talking about :P.

If you have made any other change, it probably doesn't has anything to do with this mod, so I would not be able help D: (or not on this topic).

Hope that it helps you,
L'ark Mitsinikos