Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Testing new graphics.

Hugo

Hello friends, I've been looking for some graphics for my project, I wanted to differentiate.

I chose these, I wonder if the map was cool. It is only a part of the statement.
I played a small effect, to make the map more "gloomy"

![](http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-QETPjafZTHc/TVRtVy_lSQI/AAAAAAAAAMQ/82SSm9MQqBs/s1600/New+graphic.PNG)

Tileset by Amaranth Games, LLC, recolors by Hugo.

@Jeff:

> It looks too dark.  It's nearly impossible to see.  You overdid your affect.  Get the original tilesheet, saturate it more, and do the effect to maybe half this extent.  Like the tileset though.

You really need to turn up your screen brightness and contrast. It looks fine on mine, and even on my imgless website, you said you couldn't see it. Its your screen.

@Jeff:

> It looks too dark.  It's nearly impossible to see.  You overdid your affect.  Get the original tilesheet, saturate it more, and do the effect to maybe half this extent.  Like the tileset though.

Yea, like chief said, I see it clearly. And I like the dark gloomy look, its different.

@Chief:

> You really need to turn up your screen brightness and contrast. It looks fine on mine, and even on my imgless website, you said you couldn't see it. Its your screen.

I figured it out.  I had my screen tilted up too much. 
Now it looks nicer, but I think it's too dark.  It looks more like night time then gloomy.  Try turning the saturation up, that might help.

You realize if you use these graphics you need permission from the creator. I know for a fact that the creator of these tiles won't allow you to use them unles you say it was made by their company. I know because I wanted to use these kind of tiles once before and saw that. Also, I like the tiles more without the lighting effect.

> Freeware Use of Material:
> Please put Amaranth Games, LLC in your list of credits.
>
> Shareware Use of Material:
> -Contact Amaranth Games, LLC (admin -at- amaranthia) for permission.
> -You must put Amaranth Games, LLC in your list of credits.
>
> Recolors & touch-ups
> Recolors are okay. If you recolor something and someone who is making a shareware game asks to use the material, you must have them contact Amaranth Games, LLC (admin -at- amaranthia) for permission.

Just do what it says on the tin. Or… Something.

> "Recolors & touch-ups
> Recolors are okay. If you recolor something and someone who is making a shareware game asks to use the material, you must have them contact Amaranth Games, LLC (admin -at- amaranthia) for permission."
>
> You said you recolored it.

I said I used a simple effect to let a little dark.
And only permission for shareware games.

> This tileset is extremely dark

Extremely? in what sense? :p
I can see a nice shape, with a tone map is "mysterious"
XD